Mixed reactions have continued to trail the Super Eagles of Nigeria early ouster from the ongoing FIFA Confederations Cup in Brasil.
While some described Eagles performance as satisfactory, others say the team is technically bereft and called for injection of foreign coach to restore the lost glory of the national team.
According to a former NFA chairman, Mr Kojo Williams, “I just think that we were technically bereft. I said it before that we needed sound technical guys to come in and work with our team, because if we left the job to the present coaches, then we would get more hammering in the future and that was what happened in Brazil.
“If we are contented being among the best in Africa I don’t have problem with that. We can continue with what we are doing with Keshi but if we want to be among the best in the world then we must help Keshi with a good foreign coach”, Kojo maintained.
Speaking in the same vein, Sports analyst and promoter, Martins Osaile said Keshi’s managerial ability was poor as there was no reason for him to have left some of Nigeria’s most experienced players out of the squad that prosecuted the Confederations Cup in Brazil.
Meanwhile, Executive Chairman of Delta State Sports Commission, Amaju Pinnick disagreed with both Kojo and Osaile. According to him, coach Stephen Keshi should be celebrated and not despised for the Confederations Cup failure.
Amaju said: “It is fundamentally wrong to assume that Keshi has reached his limit. Keshi should not be condemned but celebrated. He has been on duty for only two years and within this period we won the Nations Cup, something we were doing under an indigenous coach for the first time. Everybody is celebrating Alex Ferguson for the feat he achieved with Manchester United. But how many years did he work before he won his first trophy?”, he queried.
So where do you stand in this argument; for or against foreign coach? Should Keshi continue based on his performance or should we get a foreign coach?
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- 7 New Year Resolutions For Africans Who Love Africa
- Top 5 Unpleasant Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku