Prophet Owolere Odunuga of the Celestial Church of Christ (CCC), Ibeshe District, Ikorodu, who was arrested for alleged visa fraud, has been remanded in prison custody at Kirikiri, Lagos State, southwest Nigeria.
He allegedly confessed that he used part of the money to pay his tithe, used some to pay his house rent and invested the rest in his church.
At the Ejigbo Magistrate’s Court where he was arraigned, he also told the court that immigration officials at the airport collected N60,000 per passport to stamp a fake Visa for him.
Odunuga was arrested after he allegedly defrauded a housewife, Mrs Olayemi Oluwapelumi, of N752,000 under the false pretence of procuring United States of America Visa for her.
Odunuga said he worked as travel agent before he received a call from God to start his own church.
He admitted that the Dubai and South Africa Visas stamped on Mrs. Oluwapelumi’s passport were not genuine and that they were stamped at the airport by immigration officials whom he paid the money.
Odunuga was arrested by the police when he was lured to come and collect another money for procurement of a Visa for the victim.
According to Oluwapelumi, he knew Odunuga when they were living together at Ikorodu.
She said she approached him for Visa so that she will join her husband in USA.
She said she paid part of the N752,000 into his account and gave the rest as cash to him.
Mrs. Oluwapelumi narrated that trouble started when he took her to South African Embassy in Lagos and she was denied Visa.
She alleged that he went and stamped the passport with fake Visa stamp and gave it to her to go to the embassy to apply for Visa.
She said when she wanted to travel with the Visa again, it was discovered that the stamp on the passport was fake.
Mrs Oluwapelumi then went to the police to report the matter and he was arrested and taken to the station where he allegedly confessed.
When he was arraigned before Ejigbo Magistrate’s court for obtaining and stealing under the Criminal Code, he pleaded not guilty.
The presiding Magistrate, Mr P. E. Nwaka granted him bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum. Odunuga was remanded in prison custody at Kirikiri till he fulfills his hail condition.
The matter was adjourned till 31 July, 2013.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?