Even after the ban by the fct Minister, Bala Mohammed, who gave prostitutes an ultimatum to leave Nigeria's capital or face the wrath of the law, investigation has shown that there are more patronage as it has taken a new guise in the zone 4 area and the Utako-Jabi axis.
Below is the revealing report by Anthony Ada Abraham:
Young and beautiful, some skinny while others are fleshy, walking in skimpy clothing waving at cars to come access their product. Eyes bright like the morning dew, but red for cash.
They are known as sharp girls while others call them ‘mamas.’
They are everywhere in the country especially the FCT. They are no ghosts they are known as ‘Ashawo’ or prostitutes. The so called ban on prostitution has little or no effect as the market has continued to boom with patronage from all angles.
The minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Mohammed who decried the steady rise in the population of prostitutes in Abuja, once noted that they constitute a nuisance as their services add no value to the beauty of the city ordering the FCT Special Task Force to arrest and prosecute them.
Also, men who patronise the girls were warned to desist from the act as anyone caught would be treated like the prostitutes.
but all those warnings seem to be discarded as they continue to buy the commodity with reckless abandoned.
When you hear the name ‘Eden’, it is ironical to the Biblical meaning which is supposed to house the most precious atmosphere. Though the Eden in question is one of the most beautiful gardens in Abuja where you could get anything you want for relaxation.
It is a place where you enjoy life band, suya, shawama, fish, drinks(alcohol and soft). Also games like table tennis, snooker and so on are available for leisure.
Upcoming artistes are given the opportunity to showcase their talents on stage and patrons aid them with cash when a performance is worthwhile.
The garden which is situated in a splendid location receives patronage from all over.
Prostitutes around Eden garden:
Last Sunday night, when our reporter was at 3js hotel at a popular comedy show known as Comedy Assembly, he was strolling around the area, trying to experience first-hand activities.
Though there are about five hotels located in that axis, the girls love to stay behind the garden with their sexy skimpy skirts.
“Catch am catch am!” One of the girls shouted, though at first, it looked like the task force were on hand to sweep them but a bus parked there was an ice cream company bus.
When our reporter moved closer to eavesdrop, the following conversation ensued.
“Ngozi no let am go, na so these aboki boys go dey touch us for breast, and bottom. Hold am.”
One of the boys was seen running while an average height lady wearing a tight gown with stripes was holding a long stick in front of the other guy, an Hausa boy who was over powered by the girls numbering about 15, asking him “ abi na touch you wan touch, you go tire,’ about four cars were parked negotiating with some other girls who were busy shaking their (backside) showing their patrons that their product is still intact.
Though attention easily faded away from the boy as what they came out to do is yielding fruit.
When asked the situation and why he should have the guts to touch their “privacy,” the confused looking young man who spoke in Hausa, swore they were passing by when they mobbed them, but the “Ngozi” who understands Hausa shouted him down, while our reporter stood watching the drama.
After all the confusion, the young man who later said he was Abu, left while they lined up again waiting for customers.
At this time, about eight cars came around and picked the girls. These cars were flashy and not the normal little ones.
Prostitutes around Zone 4:
The situation at Zone 4 has taken another shape as the girls now disguise themselves like ‘Hajiya’, putting on hijab or wearing native clothes waiting for someone to call on them. But it seems their patrons now identify them easily because when they stroll around, you see them as if they are waiting for a cab but all is a diversionary method to confuse any security group from arresting them.
At Jabi Masalachi:
They are like ‘kobo-kobo,’not the usual ones who live in big houses, drive luxury cars, they are the type you go for ‘sharp sharp’ and whenever you want, you just stroll there and pay for their time. They are very young, older ladies but are not the big type.
A patron who resides in Lugbe but spoke on anonymity told whispernaija.com that since the ban given to the girls, they have increased their charges to between N4,000 and N6,000 per night stating that they now increased their price to between N10,000 to N15,000.
While another said “at least it will reduce the patronage because not everyone can afford such amount.
The believe is that the agency responsible for bringing this so called business to a halt should channel properly, resources set aside to help offenders for a proper rehabilitation.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me