We are sure you have seen quite a lot on what to do on father’s day including these two articles we wrote about possible gifts to buy your father on that day and kind words you should definitely say to your superhero father.
Enough with the dos. There are certainly a number of don’ts for June 18. What does your dad not deserve on father’s day? What should you most certainly not do and why? Let us help you out.
See Also: 50 Greatest Leaders: Adichie, Masiyiwa, And Mugisha Made The List
Here are 5 things not to do on father’s day;
Come on! You cannot forget fathers day! And we mean that both literally and disbelievingly. There will be enough pictures and quotes on fathers day about fathers that it should be literally impossible to forget. So if you do, we are judging you.
Don’t make it about your mother
Who knows how many actual mothers days there are in a year? Certainly more than the one fathers day so try to keep the celebrations directed at your father. Except, of course, your superhero mother played both roles in your life as a single parent then please, by all means, celebrate her and let her know that we all think she is the best.
Don’t ask for money
This is probably not a good day to ask your dad for money. It is a day for giving him stuff and not collecting stuff from him. So totally check out our articles on gift ideas and give, give, give this father’s day.
See Also: Child Marriages: The US Has Its Own Sizable Share Of Child Brides In Legal Marriages
Don’t play pranks on your father
Of all the many fun things that you can do with your dad on fathers day, pranking is not one of them. Playing a prank on him will only be fun for you and may even cause some anger and consternation for him which is not a good thing on his day.
Don’t question people who do not celebrate father’s day
There are a number of reasons why people do not celebrate father’s day for reasons that range from having an estranged father to having recently lost their father. Father’s day can be really hard for this people and they do not need to contend with difficult questions alongside the pain they may be feeling.
Latest Nigeria News
- Morocco To Test The ‘Fastest Train In Africa’
- Pixel Buds: Google Developed Earbuds That Translate 40 Languages In Real-Time
- Ntando Mahlangu: The 15-Year-Old Blade Runner Making South Africa Proud
- China’s Wicked New Way To Force Debtors To Pay Up
- Akon Lighting Africa Initiative: Singer Takes Power To Mozambique
- This Is How Contact Lenses Could Harm Your Eyesight
- Diwali: 5 Things You Should Know About The Indian Light Festival
- Black Or White: Who Should Exercise More?
- Remember Haile Selassie? Grandson Weds His Princess In A Lavish Ceremony [Photos]
- Baby Kicks: 7 Quick Facts You Didn’t Know
- Panama Papers Journalist Killed In Malta: 5 Answers To Questions You Have
- World Food Day: Preventing Food Waste In Your Own Home
- The Different Shades Of Joy: World Happiness Report 2017
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark
- Five Quick Facts About Ghana’s Recent Gas Explosion
- Madagascar Plague: All You Need To Know
- The Honeymoon Tradition: 5 Historical Facts You Did Not Know
- Thieves On The Chest