In our articles on gift ideas for this fathers day, we mentioned that we often do not take out enough time to celebrate our fathers who truly, truly deserve it. Beyond gifts, it is possible to celebrate our fathers with words.
Words have always had the capacity to put our feelings out there and reveal to people what we really think about them. It even helps to highlight specific characteristics that we love and would, therefore, like to see more of.
See Also: Six Important Things Obama Said About Courage As He Received The Profile In Courage Award
Giving your father the gift of kind words this fathers day is important for both you and your father. Although many fathers seem confident and unshakeable, some of them are wracked by doubt about how they are doing just like we all are in certain areas in our life.
If your dad has been awesome, a superhero in every way that matters then this fathers day is the time to tell him just that. Shower your dad with kind words and no matter his outward reaction, we guarantee you that it will make him very happy.
Here are 7 important things your father may need to hear this fathers day;
I love you
When last have you told your father that you love him? “I love you” are three very powerful words that we all love to hear whether from family or friends and your father is not immune to them either.
If you send him a message this fathers day, try and sign out with these timeless words and remind him how much he is loved.
You did a great job raising me
Like we mentioned above, some fathers a wracked with doubt on just how they are doing raising their children. in today’s society, raising kids is definitely a difficult job. Still, it is one of the most important jobs on earth and every good father desires to get it right.
If your father has done a good job so far, tell him that.
See Also: UN International Day Of Families: 10 African Proverbs On Children And Family
I miss you
Have you moved out of your parent’s house and it has been a long time since you saw your father? Then on fathers day, you may like to tell him how much you miss him and fix a date for when next you two will see.
Remember that for a long time your father’s world may have revolved around you; protecting and providing for you. So he certainly deserves some of your time and needs to know that you are missing him too.
I appreciate all that you have done for us
Fathers make sacrifices, some more regularly than others. Whether it is working harder and sleeping less to ensure that their families are well provided for or ignoring their dreams for more stability. You should let your dad know that you understand this and appreciate it.
You are my role model
We often look up to celebrities who may be inspiring, certainly, but may not even have gone through half of what our parents have gone through and survived. Is your dad on your list of role models? make sure to tell him.
If I find a man like you I would be so lucky
This is for daughters who have watched their fathers love their mothers consistently. Tell your dad that you respect the way he has done this and that if you find yourself a man like him you will consider yourself very blessed.
My children have the greatest grandad on earth
If you have kids, let your father know that you are glad that your kids get to meet him and have him as a granddad, it is just another way to let him know that you believe he did a great job raising you.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill