It is still Kenya election day considering that the votes are still being counted but already the opposition is disagreeing with the results. Raila Odinga and his NASA coalition party have rejected the results of the entire general election.
According to them, the electoral commission’s database was hacked and the data manipulated which render the results useless. Raila Odinga claims that the hackers gained access to the database at 12:37 pm on Kenya election day and created errors. in his view, they did this by introducing algorithms that rigged the election in favour of President Uhuru Kenyatta.
See Also: Kenyan Elections: Barack Obama Warns Leaders Not To Compromise On Peace
The opposition candidate held a press conference with his running mate and party officials where they informed the press that the hackers manipulated the election database using passwords stolen from Chris Msando.
You will recall that Chris Msando was allegedly tortured and killed in the days prior to the election. Prior to his death, he had been the senior electoral official in charge of managing the IT systems of the voting technology.
Odinga has, therefore, declared the results which place President Kenyatta in the lead a fraud and termed the hacking as a “tragedy of monumental proportion” and an “attack on our democracy.”
As at the time of the press conference, 72% of the votes had been counted with President Kenyatta leading with 7.7 million votes compared to Raila Odinga’s 6.3 million.
The opposition was still due to meet with officials from the Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC) in order to address the hacking concerns, as at the time of this report and they asked Kenyans to remain calm.
See Also: Popular Slogans You Should Get To Know In Kenya’s Elections
Kalonzo Musyoka, Odinga’s running mate, said;
“We call on Kenyans to remain calm, but there may come a time when we will call you to action,”
The former United Nations special rapporteur on human rights, Maina Kiai, has called on the IEBC to publish all Form 34As, a document used to tabulate the results so that observers “can all do the math.”
These claims are highly unwanted as Kenya election day draws to a close. It is very important that the perception of having had a free and fair election be spread around Kenya to avoid any post-election violence but all must be done to still ensure that the people’s vote indeed do count.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kenya Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism Of Its Elements
- Senegalese Music: The Women And Men Dominating The Scene
- Jacaranda Tree: What You Need To Know About This Beauty
- How To Dab: Dance Origin And Why Everyone Is Doing It
- Make A Stressful Time Bearable By Doing These
- Nnedi Okoroafor Is Taking Lagos, Nigeria To The Comic World
- Anonymous Logo: What The Hactivists Want You To Know About Them
- Ethiopian Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism
- Using Poop To Cook In Kenya
- Mr Popo: Everything About The Strongest Character in Dragon Ball Z
- Sierra Leone: Over 300 People Killed In Mudslide
- Burkina Faso: Gunmen Attack Ouagadougou Restaurant, killing 18
- New Study: Top 5 Things That Can Give You Cancer
- Porous Definition, Meaning, Synonyms And Sentence Use
- Bitcoin Surge: All The Possible Reasons Why The Cryptocurrency Has Broken Past $4000
- Kenya Elects First Female Governors Amidst Post-election Tension
- New Study: Vitamin B3 Intake Could Prevent Miscarriages & Birth Defects
- How Tall Is Putin And Other Facts About The Russian President
- Time In Nigeria: The Concept Of Nigerian Time
- Election Time In Kenya: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Isaac Makwala: Runner Denied Entry To London Stadium And Africa Wants To Know Why
- Kimlan Jinakul: Thaliland Grandma Achieves Her Academic Dream @ 91
- Facebook And Chill! Five Reasons We Are Excited That Facebook Is Going Into The TV Game
- Natalie Becker: The Rise Of The South African Actress
- The Real Cost Of An Electric Car
- Guam Threat: North Korea Aims To Strike The US Military Installation
- Zuma’s Latest No-Confidence Vote: The Real Winners And Losers
- Kenya Election Day: Opposition Says The Election Was Hacked In The President’s Favor
- Fasten Your Loan Request At Equity Bank Kenya With These Tips
- Hiroshima & Nagasaki: 6 Quick Facts About The Historical Tragedies
- Can Men Really Lactate?
- India: The Medical Dilemma Of A 10-Year Old Pregnant Rape Victim
- Popular Slogans You Should Get To Know In Kenya’s Elections
- Kenyan Elections: Barack Obama Warns Leaders Not To Compromise On Peace
- UN Sanctions: North Korea Out To Deal With The United States
- Definition, Meaning And Sentence Use Of Cowed
- Nigeria: Gang-related Feud Claims Lives In Ozubulu Church Gun Attack
- Paul Kagame’s Third Term: Four Things Rwandans Can Expect
- GhanaSat-1: Ghana’s First Satellite Now Orbiting The Earth
- Tumeric: What To Know About The Spice And Its Health Benefits