It is still Kenya election day considering that the votes are still being counted but already the opposition is disagreeing with the results. Raila Odinga and his NASA coalition party have rejected the results of the entire general election.
According to them, the electoral commission’s database was hacked and the data manipulated which render the results useless. Raila Odinga claims that the hackers gained access to the database at 12:37 pm on Kenya election day and created errors. in his view, they did this by introducing algorithms that rigged the election in favour of President Uhuru Kenyatta.
See Also: Kenyan Elections: Barack Obama Warns Leaders Not To Compromise On Peace
The opposition candidate held a press conference with his running mate and party officials where they informed the press that the hackers manipulated the election database using passwords stolen from Chris Msando.
You will recall that Chris Msando was allegedly tortured and killed in the days prior to the election. Prior to his death, he had been the senior electoral official in charge of managing the IT systems of the voting technology.
Odinga has, therefore, declared the results which place President Kenyatta in the lead a fraud and termed the hacking as a “tragedy of monumental proportion” and an “attack on our democracy.”
As at the time of the press conference, 72% of the votes had been counted with President Kenyatta leading with 7.7 million votes compared to Raila Odinga’s 6.3 million.
The opposition was still due to meet with officials from the Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC) in order to address the hacking concerns, as at the time of this report and they asked Kenyans to remain calm.
See Also: Popular Slogans You Should Get To Know In Kenya’s Elections
Kalonzo Musyoka, Odinga’s running mate, said;
“We call on Kenyans to remain calm, but there may come a time when we will call you to action,”
The former United Nations special rapporteur on human rights, Maina Kiai, has called on the IEBC to publish all Form 34As, a document used to tabulate the results so that observers “can all do the math.”
These claims are highly unwanted as Kenya election day draws to a close. It is very important that the perception of having had a free and fair election be spread around Kenya to avoid any post-election violence but all must be done to still ensure that the people’s vote indeed do count.
Latest Nigeria News
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Nigeria Coat of Arm: Fast Facts About The Special Symbol
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?