It is no longer recent news that Facebook is entering the streaming game and the company has already launched their new service as Facebook Watch so Facebook and Chill may soon become an actual thing.
Of course, before Facebook and Chill becomes a reality, Facebook Watch has to dot a lot of i’s and cross a lot of t’s. The TV game now has some pretty great contenders; Youtube, Netflix and even you regular cable selections depending on where you are located.
See Also: A KFC Sandwich Is Going To The Edge Of Space
The first deals that the company seems to have inked for Facebook Watch are apparently reality TV oriented. While making its announcement ahead of launching Facebook Watch, the company had said that it would work with third-party partners that make videos exclusively for the social network.
TechCrunch published a rundown of the show options available currently which include shows from Tastemade (best known for its recipe videos), motivational speaker Gabby Bernstein, world traveler Nuseir Yassin, Mike Rowe of Discovery Channel’s Dirty Jobs, and A&E’s Bae or Bail, described as a “reality TV game show where couples face their fears and see who runs.” Facebook Watch is also expected to broadcast one Major League Baseball game every week.
Here are a couple of reasons we are excited about Facebook Watch;
More money for creators
Every time a new platform comes up it is good news for creators who now have more options concerning where to host their content. Creatives now have a lot more revenue streams and Facebook Watch is about to join that number and make many more creatives who are able to subsist on their talent without having to break their back looking for other types of work.
Just like Netflix allowed for the telling of unique stories due to the freedom to take risks that other TV networks did not have formerly, Facebook Watch could also have that as a decided advantage. Users of Facebook come from all over the world and so, hopefully, the stories we take in during Facebook and Chill will be unique stories that represent that reality.
Women will have a better shot at equal pay
The talk about the gender pay gap has become louder in recent times but the data being published on actors pay still show that it is a problem in Hollywood. Facebook Watch will be yet another opportunity for the company and creators to get it right in this regard.
See Also: Facebook’s Next Level: How Zuckerberg’s Cross-Country Trip May Shape The Platform’s Future
Chatting live with other viewers over the shows you love
Most of the time while we are watching a show on TV we are also on Facebook interacting with our friends. With Facebook Watch, users can also follow shows much like they follow Facebook pages to receive notifications when new episodes come out, and chat live with other viewers during a broadcast.
The video recommendations will be as close to our heart as possible
Facebook has always done pretty alright in giving us what we want and while that may be a problem when it comes to news and other serious stuff, it is great news for show recommendations.Facebook will recommend shows based on what friends are watching, or what shows are generating a lot of “haha” emoji reactions.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?