Late last year, President Trump appointed Nigerian economist, Adebayo Ogunlesi as a member of his Economic Advisory team.
Trump sacked him today along with other distinguished CEOs in both economic councils. He announced the dissolution of two business advisory councils on Twitter.
Ogunlesi’s appointment last year somewhat reduced the tension of Nigerian immigrants who feared the worst in the wake of Trump’s victory in November, 2016.
President Trump dissolved his economic council on Twitter after majority of the CEO members of council Ogunlesi was part of voted to leave. This was after the president’s remarks over the Charlottesville saga that claimed the life of 30 year old Heather Heyer.
See Also: Meet The Nigerian Who Will be Advising Donald Trump On Economic Matters
The young woman was amongst a group of counter protestants in an ethnic and racially charged white nationalist rally. In his remarks, Donald Trump disappointed a huge number of Americans, from the masses to top business personnel and politicians of both parties.
He has been condemned for his approach to the incident and accused of fueling bigotry in the country. His supporters however maintain that America’s internal divisiveness cannot be blamed on Trump.
Trump blamed both sides for the chaos. By so doing he equated White supremacists to ordinary civilians who seek equality in their society.
His seemingly one-sided stand caused a national uproar that has gone as far as spurring the dissolution of his economic council of few months.
While every other thing in Trump’s administration seems to be falling apart, the job market has continued to grow in the United States. The recent firing of all his international CEO advisers is feared to affect the economic growth so far.
However, Trump in his tweet brags that he will replace them with better candidates. He also did not forget to thank them for the short time of service.
Adebayo Ogunlesi is a Nigerian-born lawyer and investment banker. He is the founder of Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP). Adebayo was the only black man appointed by Trump as a member of the now defunct Economic Advisory Committee.
See Also: US Employment: Donald Trump Creates Nearly 300 000 Jobs And 46 More
There are just a few government officials who are not yet victims of the President’s spontaneous fire and hire routine.
Trump’s economic council was grouped into 2- Strategic and Policy Forum and the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative Council. Ogunlesi was a member of the former.
As regards to the sack, it is on record that the CEO members of the council quit their positions before the sack announcement on Twitter. They were going to make it formal but the president who once said he enjoys suspense, preempted their move and took to Twitter to announce it first.
Adebayo Ogunlesi was born in Ondo State, Nigeria.
The Oxford and Harvard graduate also happens to be a member of the District of Columbia Bar Association. He worked at Credit Suisse First Boston.
Taking after his father who was a professor, Adebayo Ogunlesi is a lecturer at Harvard Law School and the Yale School of Organization and Management where he teaches the course, Transnational Investment Projects in Emerging Countries.
Ogunlesi also serves on the boards of Callaway Golf Co. and Kosmos Energy Ltd. At the same time he’s the chairman of Africa Finance Corp. and serves on the boards of various not-for-profits ranging from New York Presbyterian Hospital to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me