Keo Motsepe is a South African dancer whose dancing talent is paving a way for him in the international scene.
He is famous for his serial appearances on ABC’s Dancing With The Stars TV show.
Keoikantse ‘Keo’ Motsepe was born on November 24, 1989 in Pretoria, South Africa.
At the age of 5, Keo knew what he wanted his future to look like. He had already started showing skills and interest in dancing.
“A friend of mine tried to get me to play soccer when I was 5 years old, but I had two left legs with soccer.”
“…there was a dance school, and I was like, ‘I’ll try this.’ On the first day I walked in, I just fell in love with it. I was like, ‘Oh, my gosh. This is going to be my life.'”
By 14, he had started taking it a little more seriously. Keo would enter for any dance competition he came across.
Keo did not just enter the competition, he always came tops in them. He did not spare any national dance title back home in South Africa.
See Also: How To Dab: Dance Origin And Why Everyone Is Doing It
From 2004 to 2014, Keo Motsepe and his dance partner Otlile Mabuse were South Africa’s undefeated Latin American Dance Champions of all times. The duo were the face of South Africa in several international competitions. In 2010, the two represented SA in the World Latin Championships in New York.
What started out a s a fun activity became a step by step progression to his present career as a professional dancer.
Keo’s talent comes to life the most when it comes to Latin and Ballroom dances. As a choreographer, he also has his way with contemporary dance moves.
His first TV appearance was performing as a professional guest on Strictly Come Dancing South Africa in 2013.
The record breaking dancer made history when he became the the first black professional dancer on the Dancing with the Stars show. The milestone achievement of joining the cast of professional dancers on the show was announced in 2014.
Before the announcement, Keo was already working on a Norwegian Cruise Line in Miami as a dancer.
Earlier in 2012, he was the first South African to join the “Burn the Floor” World Tour.
According to ABC, Keo was such a natural at his dancing job with the Burn The Floor team. It was not long before became the male principle dancer in the cast. He was said to be handpicked to do a solo performance during the show’s residency at the Shaftesbury Theatre on the West End.
See Also: What Is Azonto? – Dance, Music, Songs
Keo says his dancing career has taught him how to treat and respect women. He says dancing made him realize he could “be that decent guy that a girl can dream of.”
“I grew up with two sisters, my mom and my dance partner’s family. I’ve seen how they’ve been treated in relationships. Dancing teaches you how to treat a woman. With Latin and ballroom dancing, there are two people in that situation; it’s not just about you.”
“When you’re a man dancing, you’re leading the woman; I’m the frame and she’s the picture. She’s all the beauty, and you’re just there for her. “
The media is keeping its ears to the ground to know who the lucky girl would be when he quits his single status. The SA star has been described as a private person who keeps his affairs out of the public eye.
Keo Motsepe’s Dancing With The Stars Appearances
- Season 19– Paired with Olympic athlete Lolo Jones. They were eliminated in the 1st week of the competition at 13th position.
- Season 20– Paired with model Charlotte McKinney. They were eliminated in the 3rd week at 11th position.
- Season 21– Paired with Grammy Award-winning singer Chaka Khan. They were the first couple eliminated in the 2nd week at 13th position.
- Season 22– Partnered with Full House and Fuller Houseactress Jodie Sweetin; eliminated in the 8th week at 6th overall position. This would be Motsepe’s longest run on the show.
- Season 23– Appeared as a troupe member.
- Season 24– Appeared as a pro dancer and was partnered with actress & comedienne Charo. They were eliminated in the 3rd at 11th position.
In the future Keo hopes to be the very best he can be on the dance floor. It will be a dream come true to have a dance with American superstar, Ciara.
“I have so many dream dance partners. If Ciara could come to the show… [laughs]. But there are so many: Ciara, Kendall Jenner, Jessica Alba.”
Keo Motsepe who is estimated to have a net worth of $300, 000 also intends to nurture young male dancers.
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash