Arik Air is a Nigerian airline which is privately owned and intent on its goal of delivery of a superb standard in aviation. The dream come true that is Arik Air began in 2002 after the liquidation of Nigeria Airways.
The chairman of the airline, Sir Joseph Arumemi-Ikhide, bought a Hawker jet aircraft. Together with his colleagues and contacts in the oil industry, he would use the Hawker jet to get around speedily in Nigeria.
See Also: How To Buy And Sell On OLX Ghana And Nigeria
Due to the requirements of another jet to service yet more people, a corporate jet business was launched and before long Arik Air was born. By April 2006, Arik Air had taken occupation of some of the former Nigeria Airways facilities in Lagos.
Major reconstruction work was carried out with the airline taking delivery of three brand new Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft making the airline the first CRJ900 operator on the African continent and the first airline to introduce new commercial aircraft into Nigeria for over 20 years.
It was, however, in October 2006 that the airline was inaugurated, opening its doors to the traveling public on 30 October 2006. To date, Arik Air now has about 28 aircraft, making it the largest airline in Nigeria and West Africa.
Arik Air International Ltd was established in April 2007 in London by Dr. Michael Arumemi-Ikhide. It was set up to develop the worldwide routes and deliver a truly global airline with world class standards, Arik Air International acts as the overseas corporate office of Arik Air.
It was, however, in December 2008 that Arik Air successfully launched its first long-haul flight between Lagos and London Heathrow, flying daily with a newly acquired Airbus A340-500.
In 2011 Arik became a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) having successfully completed the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) in 2010.
By the end of 2012, Arik Air had successfully flown over 10 million passengers in under six years of operation across a network of 41 domestic and international routes. It operates an average of 120 flights daily from its two hubs at Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, Nigeria.
In 2013, Arik Air introduced a new mobile booking service and launched its first mobile app to further boost its passenger experience. Quite a number of people now use these services and can testify to an increased ease in travel.
If you need more clarifications on using Arik Air’s online platforms, below we detail how to book and check in online.
How To Book Flights With Arik Air Nigeria
- The first step is to go to the Arik Air website and check whether you would prefer a return, one-way or multiple destination tickets on the book a flight page.
- Still, on the book a flight page, fill the Flight Reservation Field and Click On the search button
- That will take you to the Passenger Information and Contact Information page, where you will enter all the info and click continue. Make sure to have an identification document on hand to get certain information and documents you will need at the time of booking
- The next page is the Additional Services. You can put in any additional service if required and click on continue.This is the Payment Page, where all payment
See Also: Bitcoin Surge: All The Possible Reasons Why The Cryptocurrency Has Broken Past $4000
- This is the Payment Page, where all payment is made using the available payment options with your banks. Arik Air accepts both cash and credit card payments. Ensure you provide the correct information if you are using your credit card to avoid losses and unnecessary delays.
- Confirm your payment and print out the details after successful payment had gone through.Take the printed copy along with you to the airport.
- Take the printed copy along with you to the airport if you do not want to check in online.
How to Check In With Arik Air
With the booking ticket in your hand, you only have to wait for the due traveling date to check in. Online check in can be done 24 hours to the departure time.
You will have to go to the check in page of Arik Air, enter your booking code which will direct you to the page where you will check in and select a seat.
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash