Military-IPOB Clash– Responding to the reported invasion of Nnamdi Kanu’s family home, the IPOB leader calmly narrated his own side of the story and called the attack a provocation.
Nnamdi Kanu articulated the incident to the media. He accused the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai and the FG in general of deliberately “bringing war” to a peaceful zone.
Surrounded by several media houses in his family home, Kanu confirmed that the target was his abode at Afara Ukwu community, Umuahia.
From his account, Kanu was sleeping when he heard the siren. The Nigerian army hovered around his residence, left and returned again. At that point, the people refused them entrance into Kanu’s family home.
“The Nigerian military came to my village to intimidate and harass innocent civilians who are unarmed.”
The blockade led to the sporadic firing of gunshots which has left an uncertified number injured. Kanu says to the best of his knowledge, 3 were injured and some others possibly dead.
“I understand lives were lost.”
See Also: The Nigerian Military And Nnamdi Kanu’s Home Invasion- Solution Or Provocation?
He said the wounded casualties are receiving “very serious medical attention” in an undisclosed location. Kanu also reliably informed the media of the army’s visit to the Federal medical centre to enquire of the injured protesters.
“As it’s their tradition when they shoot people they carry their bodies away. So we didn’t want them to get at those people.”
After registering his dismay at the latest stunt pulled by the Nigerian army, Kanu went on to urge the media to re-discover the place of truth in shaping the well-being of any society.
Having complained few days ago in a video of the appalling misrepresentation of truth in the media, the leader echoed it once more.
He urged the media persons present to dig for the truth and conduct investigative journalism.
“The Nigerian army and the Nigerian police have perfected the act of lying. And fortunately some of you men and women of the media have let them go with murder.”
“That is why they do what thy do… because of the complacency of the media and certain television stations. That is why Nigeria is a dictatorial state. That is why there is no freedom here. That is why people are pursued into their bedrooms to attack them.”
See Also: Little Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Locked Up And Forgotten – Lauretta Onochie
In an attempt to verify the military claims that a police officer was “macheted” during the clash, Kanu said this:
“You have been here do you see anybody armed? We are a peaceful people”
“All I want is freedom. And I have determined that self determination via a referendum is the best way to settle this dispute once and for all. And we are undeterred.”
“Nigeria is bringing war to us, we are not fighting anybody.”
“It is Buratai and his men that are bringing war to us. They want us to become armed, so that the world can say that Nnamdi Kanu is leading a violent armed group which is not the case.”
In conclusion, Kanu commiserated with affected families and reminded the Nigerian authorities that the Biafra movement is “unstoppable”.
He declined commenting on the outcome of his meeting with Southeast governors.
On their own the governors have condemned the attack and termed it a jeopardy to the peace and unity of the country. However they pledged their devotion to the security, economic development and political stability of the region.
Ohanaeze Ndigbo described the attack as “a show of military brigandage and sheer prostitution of power without authority.”
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash