Military-IPOB Clash– Responding to the reported invasion of Nnamdi Kanu’s family home, the IPOB leader calmly narrated his own side of the story and called the attack a provocation.
Nnamdi Kanu articulated the incident to the media. He accused the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai and the FG in general of deliberately “bringing war” to a peaceful zone.
Surrounded by several media houses in his family home, Kanu confirmed that the target was his abode at Afara Ukwu community, Umuahia.
From his account, Kanu was sleeping when he heard the siren. The Nigerian army hovered around his residence, left and returned again. At that point, the people refused them entrance into Kanu’s family home.
“The Nigerian military came to my village to intimidate and harass innocent civilians who are unarmed.”
The blockade led to the sporadic firing of gunshots which has left an uncertified number injured. Kanu says to the best of his knowledge, 3 were injured and some others possibly dead.
“I understand lives were lost.”
See Also: The Nigerian Military And Nnamdi Kanu’s Home Invasion- Solution Or Provocation?
He said the wounded casualties are receiving “very serious medical attention” in an undisclosed location. Kanu also reliably informed the media of the army’s visit to the Federal medical centre to enquire of the injured protesters.
“As it’s their tradition when they shoot people they carry their bodies away. So we didn’t want them to get at those people.”
After registering his dismay at the latest stunt pulled by the Nigerian army, Kanu went on to urge the media to re-discover the place of truth in shaping the well-being of any society.
Having complained few days ago in a video of the appalling misrepresentation of truth in the media, the leader echoed it once more.
He urged the media persons present to dig for the truth and conduct investigative journalism.
“The Nigerian army and the Nigerian police have perfected the act of lying. And fortunately some of you men and women of the media have let them go with murder.”
“That is why they do what thy do… because of the complacency of the media and certain television stations. That is why Nigeria is a dictatorial state. That is why there is no freedom here. That is why people are pursued into their bedrooms to attack them.”
See Also: Little Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Locked Up And Forgotten – Lauretta Onochie
In an attempt to verify the military claims that a police officer was “macheted” during the clash, Kanu said this:
“You have been here do you see anybody armed? We are a peaceful people”
“All I want is freedom. And I have determined that self determination via a referendum is the best way to settle this dispute once and for all. And we are undeterred.”
“Nigeria is bringing war to us, we are not fighting anybody.”
“It is Buratai and his men that are bringing war to us. They want us to become armed, so that the world can say that Nnamdi Kanu is leading a violent armed group which is not the case.”
In conclusion, Kanu commiserated with affected families and reminded the Nigerian authorities that the Biafra movement is “unstoppable”.
He declined commenting on the outcome of his meeting with Southeast governors.
On their own the governors have condemned the attack and termed it a jeopardy to the peace and unity of the country. However they pledged their devotion to the security, economic development and political stability of the region.
Ohanaeze Ndigbo described the attack as “a show of military brigandage and sheer prostitution of power without authority.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?