Ever so often we can look forward to great flagship phones and Apple is always one of the top contenders, if not the one to beat. Apple’s new iPhone 8 will be officially unveiled today and a lot of people are excited.
It will be the 10th anniversary of the iPhone which means that Apple will be shooting to impress. There are already high expectations for the iPhone 8 which is said to be a radical change for Apple.
See Also: The Nokia 8 Is Coming Soon And It’s Bringing The Bothie to Replace Your Selfie
Tim Cook is expected to unveil the iPhone 8 at an event in California today, September 12. In August the company sent invitations out to journalists inviting them to an event at its new Apple Park headquarters at 10 am Pacific time.
We call today the official unveiling because Apple suffered a major leak two days prior to this launch giving fans a taste of what to expect by revealing a good number of the iPhone 8’s features.
5 Things You Should Know About The iPhone 8
Name and Price
Following the latest leaks, the iPhone 8 may not even be the iPhone 8 but rather the iPhone X with a price range in the region of £1,000. Some titillating features include wireless charging, facial recognition, an edge-to-edge display and – for the first time – no home button.
To further confuse matters, Apple is expected to release the device alongside two other phones, called the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. The 8 and 8 Plus models are likely to be cheaper, close to the current iPhone 7 and 7 Plus prices of £599 and £719.
The leaks suggest that the premium iPhone X will come in at least three colours: white, black and copper or gold. White and black colours are fairly standard on iPhones, but a third colour is thought to be coming in either a copper or a champagne gold hue.
The iOS 11 was Apple’s latest software unveiled in June and will ship on the new device. The major feature is the peer-to-peer Apple Pay and a redesigned Control Centre.
It also has new safety features, including a do not disturb while driving mode and an Emergency SOS option that will lock thieves out when its owner is in danger.
See Also: Apple Begins Transiting To Products Made With 100% Recycled Material
The iPhone X should be somewhere between the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. The leaks of the schematics could be around 144mm tall and 71mm wide. Thanks to the almost edgeless design, it will have the largest screen of any iPhone ever made.
Since Apple has dismissed rumours that production delays could affect the release of the phone, predicting strong sales in the coming months, it is likely that the iPhone 8 will be available for pre-order on September 15 and hit stores on Friday September 22.
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash