Obama’s Net Worth– For a single speech, Barack Obama earns an amount equal to his annual salary as a president.
Before now it was anticipated that the Obama’s will amass a chunk of fortune from writing and speeches.
Retiring as the president of the United Sates, Obama had an estimated net worth of $12 million with an annual salary of $400,000.
As an ex-president, he started earning a lifetime annual amount of $200,000.
Beating the prediction that Obama may not speak on economic matters, the former black president was recently paid $400,000 speaking to clients of Northern Trust Corp in New York.
The Northern Trust Corporation is an American international financial services company headquartered in Chicago.
Last year, Obama released his 2015 tax returns, which revealed a gross income of $436,065 – $81,472 were allotted to taxes at an 18.7% tax rate.
The Obamas made a room for charitable causes from their earnings. Their tax returns showed that they gave a total of $64,066 to over 30 charities. This is no surprise as Obama had given away his $1.4 million Noble Peace Prize money to various charities.
See Also: Post-Presidency: Obama Is About To Make More Money Than He Did In The White House
Upon retirement Obama has been honoring speaking invitations which are definitely not for free.
With regards to the recent New York speech, Kevin Lewis, Obama’s former spokesman made these remarks.
“His paid speeches in part have allowed President Obama to contribute $2 million to Chicago programs offering job training and employment opportunities to low-income youth.”
As an academician, Obama’s foundation is also raising money for a library in Chicago.
A modest estimation by the American University suggests that at a possible rate of 50 speeches a year, the Obamas could amass close to $200 million before taxes with say $200,000 a piece per speech.
Likewise, data collected by [email protected], an online business analytics degree from American University, suggests the Obamas could be worth $242 million in the next 10 years.
See Also: Barack Obama Is Worth Peanuts Compared To Angola’s Dos Santos
Already the couple signed a book deal with Penguin Random House worth about $65 million. Even while at the White house the Obamas were paid interesting figures as book royalties.
In 2007, Obama earned $3.3 million off book royalties from Random House and $816,000 from Dystel & Goderich Literary Management.
The past president has a good number lucrative options and opportunities such as returning to his old job as a lecturer (and perhaps turns out a professor).
Personally he hopes to lead a leadership revolution in America and Africa especially. With the hint, it is strongly speculated that Obama may be at the forefront of community activism. While as president, Obama shared his interest in matters of criminal justice, gun control, immigration and racial matters.
Still as a source of income, the Obamas have reportedly leased an 8,200-square-foot, nine-bedroom mansion which is estimated to be worth $6.3 million.
In all of these, Obama’s net worth has skyrocketed mainly with his speech making talent. While the Clintons earned more than $153 million in speech fees in 14 years (2001 – 2015); the Obamas at the current speech making pace can very well hit a $100 million net worth in 10 years time.
As at the time of his birthday, Obama’s net worth was estimated to the sum of $40 million. Recall that upon his retirement last year, he was worth $12 million.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?