Obama’s Net Worth– For a single speech, Barack Obama earns an amount equal to his annual salary as a president.
Before now it was anticipated that the Obama’s will amass a chunk of fortune from writing and speeches.
Retiring as the president of the United Sates, Obama had an estimated net worth of $12 million with an annual salary of $400,000.
As an ex-president, he started earning a lifetime annual amount of $200,000.
Beating the prediction that Obama may not speak on economic matters, the former black president was recently paid $400,000 speaking to clients of Northern Trust Corp in New York.
The Northern Trust Corporation is an American international financial services company headquartered in Chicago.
Last year, Obama released his 2015 tax returns, which revealed a gross income of $436,065 – $81,472 were allotted to taxes at an 18.7% tax rate.
The Obamas made a room for charitable causes from their earnings. Their tax returns showed that they gave a total of $64,066 to over 30 charities. This is no surprise as Obama had given away his $1.4 million Noble Peace Prize money to various charities.
See Also: Post-Presidency: Obama Is About To Make More Money Than He Did In The White House
Upon retirement Obama has been honoring speaking invitations which are definitely not for free.
With regards to the recent New York speech, Kevin Lewis, Obama’s former spokesman made these remarks.
“His paid speeches in part have allowed President Obama to contribute $2 million to Chicago programs offering job training and employment opportunities to low-income youth.”
As an academician, Obama’s foundation is also raising money for a library in Chicago.
A modest estimation by the American University suggests that at a possible rate of 50 speeches a year, the Obamas could amass close to $200 million before taxes with say $200,000 a piece per speech.
Likewise, data collected by [email protected], an online business analytics degree from American University, suggests the Obamas could be worth $242 million in the next 10 years.
See Also: Barack Obama Is Worth Peanuts Compared To Angola’s Dos Santos
Already the couple signed a book deal with Penguin Random House worth about $65 million. Even while at the White house the Obamas were paid interesting figures as book royalties.
In 2007, Obama earned $3.3 million off book royalties from Random House and $816,000 from Dystel & Goderich Literary Management.
The past president has a good number lucrative options and opportunities such as returning to his old job as a lecturer (and perhaps turns out a professor).
Personally he hopes to lead a leadership revolution in America and Africa especially. With the hint, it is strongly speculated that Obama may be at the forefront of community activism. While as president, Obama shared his interest in matters of criminal justice, gun control, immigration and racial matters.
Still as a source of income, the Obamas have reportedly leased an 8,200-square-foot, nine-bedroom mansion which is estimated to be worth $6.3 million.
In all of these, Obama’s net worth has skyrocketed mainly with his speech making talent. While the Clintons earned more than $153 million in speech fees in 14 years (2001 – 2015); the Obamas at the current speech making pace can very well hit a $100 million net worth in 10 years time.
As at the time of his birthday, Obama’s net worth was estimated to the sum of $40 million. Recall that upon his retirement last year, he was worth $12 million.
Latest Nigeria News
- World Food Day: Preventing Food Waste In Your Own Home
- The Different Shades Of Joy: World Happiness Report 2017
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark
- Five Quick Facts About Ghana’s Recent Gas Explosion
- Madagascar Plague: All You Need To Know
- The Honeymoon Tradition: 5 Historical Facts You Did Not Know
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize: Japanese Kazuo Ishiguro Beats Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
- Random Acts Of Kindness Quotes : Lessons From Las Vegas Tragedy
- Harvard In Trouble With US Government For Diversity Record
- Sleeping Tricks: 5 Things To Try When You Cannot Sleep
- Monkeypox: Quick Facts About The Latest Deadly Virus In West Africa
- International Teachers Day: Remembering The World’s Most Unnoticed Instructors
- Dr Vuyane Mhlomi: The Power Of Determination And Hardwork
- The Blade Runner Killer: Family Protests Film Being Made About Oscar Pistorius
- Obamas 25th Anniversary: The Love Story Behind The International Power Couple
- Magufuli’s Salary: The Bulldozer Earns A Third Of Predecessor’s Earning
- The 5 African Athletes Nominated For The 2017 World Athlete Of The Year Award
- Vhutshilo Netshituni: Everything You Need To Know About SA’s First Black Paediatric Oncologist