Madness Quotes– There is only one word when people do unexpected things within the confines of reason.
However, reason is not the only gauge used to fully explore the wide usage of the term ‘madness’. In fact the subject and concept of madness has become relative. To some it is reality, to others extreme reason, inspiration/motivation/drive, romance, political necessity and plain stupidity in some cases.
The most commonly known version of madness is from the angle of mental health; but that is not the major concern of this compilation.
Let’s take a look at some madness quotes that will interest you.
1. It took the madmen of yesterday for us to be able to act with extreme clarity today. I want to be one of those madmen. We must dare to invent the future – Thomas Sankara.
2. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness – Friedrich Nietzsche.
3. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring – Marilyn Monroe.
4. Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness – Seneca.
5. A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free – Nikos Kazantzakis.
6. Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness – Blaise Pascal.
See Also: By These Quotes You Know Thomas Sankara
7. One person’s craziness is another person’s reality – Tim Burton.
8. In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule- Friedrich Nietzsche.
9. If you’re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you’re going to be locked up- Hunter S. Thompson.
10. Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness – Blaise Pascal.
11. Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be – Toni Morrison,(Beloved).
12. Madness need not be all breakdown. It may also be break-through. It is potential liberation and renewal as well as enslavement and existential death – R. D. Laing.
13. Books have led some to learning and others to madness – Petrarch.
14. We are only given one little spark of madness, you mustn’t lose it – Robin Williams.
See Also: 100 Sweet Happy Birthday Messages and Wishes For Friends and Family
15. Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable – Voltaire.
16. In a mad world, only the mad are sane – Akira Kurosawa.
17. There is no great genius without some touch of madness – Aristotle.
18. Money is our madness, our vast collective madness – D. H. Lawrence
19. Everybody’s youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness – F. Scott Fitzgerald.
20. The Edge… There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over – Hunter S. Thompson.
21. Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness – Allen Ginsberg.
22. Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence – Edgar Allan Poe.
23. Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be – Miguel de Cervantes.
24. First sign of madness, talking to your own head – J.K. Rowling.
25. Sanity is madness put to good use – George Santayana.
Latest Nigeria News
- World Food Day: Preventing Food Waste In Your Own Home
- The Different Shades Of Joy: World Happiness Report 2017
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark
- Five Quick Facts About Ghana’s Recent Gas Explosion
- Madagascar Plague: All You Need To Know
- The Honeymoon Tradition: 5 Historical Facts You Did Not Know
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize: Japanese Kazuo Ishiguro Beats Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
- Random Acts Of Kindness Quotes : Lessons From Las Vegas Tragedy
- Harvard In Trouble With US Government For Diversity Record
- Sleeping Tricks: 5 Things To Try When You Cannot Sleep
- Monkeypox: Quick Facts About The Latest Deadly Virus In West Africa
- International Teachers Day: Remembering The World’s Most Unnoticed Instructors
- Dr Vuyane Mhlomi: The Power Of Determination And Hardwork
- The Blade Runner Killer: Family Protests Film Being Made About Oscar Pistorius
- Obamas 25th Anniversary: The Love Story Behind The International Power Couple
- Magufuli’s Salary: The Bulldozer Earns A Third Of Predecessor’s Earning
- The 5 African Athletes Nominated For The 2017 World Athlete Of The Year Award
- Vhutshilo Netshituni: Everything You Need To Know About SA’s First Black Paediatric Oncologist