Madness Quotes– There is only one word when people do unexpected things within the confines of reason.
However, reason is not the only gauge used to fully explore the wide usage of the term ‘madness’. In fact the subject and concept of madness has become relative. To some it is reality, to others extreme reason, inspiration/motivation/drive, romance, political necessity and plain stupidity in some cases.
The most commonly known version of madness is from the angle of mental health; but that is not the major concern of this compilation.
Let’s take a look at some madness quotes that will interest you.
1. It took the madmen of yesterday for us to be able to act with extreme clarity today. I want to be one of those madmen. We must dare to invent the future – Thomas Sankara.
2. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness – Friedrich Nietzsche.
3. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring – Marilyn Monroe.
4. Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness – Seneca.
5. A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free – Nikos Kazantzakis.
6. Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness – Blaise Pascal.
See Also: By These Quotes You Know Thomas Sankara
7. One person’s craziness is another person’s reality – Tim Burton.
8. In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule- Friedrich Nietzsche.
9. If you’re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you’re going to be locked up- Hunter S. Thompson.
10. Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness – Blaise Pascal.
11. Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be – Toni Morrison,(Beloved).
12. Madness need not be all breakdown. It may also be break-through. It is potential liberation and renewal as well as enslavement and existential death – R. D. Laing.
13. Books have led some to learning and others to madness – Petrarch.
14. We are only given one little spark of madness, you mustn’t lose it – Robin Williams.
See Also: 100 Sweet Happy Birthday Messages and Wishes For Friends and Family
15. Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable – Voltaire.
16. In a mad world, only the mad are sane – Akira Kurosawa.
17. There is no great genius without some touch of madness – Aristotle.
18. Money is our madness, our vast collective madness – D. H. Lawrence
19. Everybody’s youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness – F. Scott Fitzgerald.
20. The Edge… There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over – Hunter S. Thompson.
21. Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness – Allen Ginsberg.
22. Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence – Edgar Allan Poe.
23. Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be – Miguel de Cervantes.
24. First sign of madness, talking to your own head – J.K. Rowling.
25. Sanity is madness put to good use – George Santayana.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill