Kim Yo-jong is the younger sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and she just got promoted to a rather high position in North Korea’s political order.
See Also: Magufuli’s Salary: The Bulldozer Earns A Third Of Predecessor’s Earning
With the promotion to what is known as the country’s powerful politburo, Kim Yo-jong has become one of North Korea’s most influential women and certainly deserves some study.
Due to North Korea’s nuclear antics, every political move made by the nation and its controversial leader causes eyes to swing its way and this promotion is especially drawing attention because Kim Yo-jong is Kim Jong-un’s sister.
Here are a few things you need to know about about Kim Yo-jong.
- Kim Yo-Jong is now an alternate member of the top decision-making body and she replaced their aunt, Kim Kyong-hee, who was a key decision-maker when former leader Kim Jong-il, was alive.
- She is believed to be in her late 20s and is one of her brother’s closest aides. They went to boarding school together in Switzerland.
- Prior to this appointment Kim Yo-jong was vice-director of North Korea’s Propaganda and Agitation Department (PAD). South Korean media recently reported that she replaced a veteran propaganda chief and assumed control of “consolidating Kim Jong-un’s power” by implementing “idolisation projects”.
See Also: Nambia And Wakanda: 5 Reasons The World Knows So Little About African Countries
- At the State funeral of their father in 2011, she was a prominent feature but stepped out of the public spotlight afterward only returning at her brother’s side during elections to fill the seats in North Korea’s rubber-stamp legislature.
- Kim Yo-jong was blacklisted by the US Treasury in January with some other North Korean officials over the dictatorship’s “severe human rights abuses”.
Kim Yo-jong has been called the woman behind Kim Jong-un’s image and with this promotion, the young leader may have solidified his position by keeping power in a tight inner circle. The question, however, remains what all that Kim dynasty power means for the world at large.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?