Kofi Annan Quotes– Kofi was the 2nd African and 7th Secretary-General for the United Nations. The highly respected African personality hails from Kumasi, Ghana.
The 78-year old in his time as UN Sec. Gen made a tremendous impact in fostering resolutions to conflicting regions of the world. His genuine resilience in that area made him outstanding.
Till date, the reputable personality is still making contributions to governance as well as the economic improvement of the African continent.
Under the Kofi Annan Foundation and beyond, the former Sec. Gen has been involved in several humanitarian causes. This trait earned him the Kora All Africa Music Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001. That same year he was also awarded the 2001 Nobel Peace Prize.
Kofi Annan Quotes African Leaders Should Know
1. Ignorance and prejudice are the handmaidens of propaganda. Our mission, therefore, is to confront ignorance with knowledge, bigotry with tolerance, and isolation with the outstretched hand of generosity. Racism can, will, and must be defeated.
2. We may have different religions, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race.
3. Peace is never a perfect achievement.
See Also: Kofi Anan: Let’s Give African Youths A Chance
4. I have always believed that on important issues, the leaders must lead. Where the leaders fail to lead, and people are really concerned about it, the people will take the lead and make the leaders follow.
5. To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.
6. If one is going to err, one should err on the side of liberty and freedom.
7. Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope.
8. I am not afraid to dream. You first have to start with a dream. Build your castles in the air and give it foundation. Without a dream, you are not going to get anywhere.
9. You are never too young to lead and you should never doubt your capacity to triumph where others have not.
10. The happiness of any society begins with the well-being of the families that live in it.
11. You can do a lot with diplomacy, but with diplomacy backed up by force you can get a lot more done.
12. If information and knowledge are central to democracy, they are conditions for development.
13. In the rush for justice, it is important not to lose sight of principles the country holds dear.
See Also: Meet The Black Men The World Cannot Afford To Forget In a Hurry
14. One must also acknowledge that there are moments in an organization’s development when fresh blood and new vision are required, which may imply that an outsider may be better suited to the leadership role.
15. I am often asked what can people do to become a good global citizen. I reply that it begins in your own community.
16. Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.
17. Gather the five virtues (Dignity, Confidence, Courage, Compassion, and Faith). Then you are a man.
18. Reform is a process, and not an event.
19. More than ever before in human history, we share a common destiny. We can master it only if we face it together. And that is why we have the United Nations.
20. The problem is not with the faith, but with the faithful.
21. We can love what we are, without hating what, and who, we are not.
22. Education is, quite simply, peace-building by another name. It is the most effective form of defense spending there is.
23. The Lord had the wonderful advantage of being able to work alone.
24. If we are to make poverty history, we must have the active participation of States, civil society, and the private sector, as well as individual volunteers.
25. Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?