Kofi Annan Quotes– Kofi was the 2nd African and 7th Secretary-General for the United Nations. The highly respected African personality hails from Kumasi, Ghana.
The 78-year old in his time as UN Sec. Gen made a tremendous impact in fostering resolutions to conflicting regions of the world. His genuine resilience in that area made him outstanding.
Till date, the reputable personality is still making contributions to governance as well as the economic improvement of the African continent.
Under the Kofi Annan Foundation and beyond, the former Sec. Gen has been involved in several humanitarian causes. This trait earned him the Kora All Africa Music Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001. That same year he was also awarded the 2001 Nobel Peace Prize.
Kofi Annan Quotes African Leaders Should Know
1. Ignorance and prejudice are the handmaidens of propaganda. Our mission, therefore, is to confront ignorance with knowledge, bigotry with tolerance, and isolation with the outstretched hand of generosity. Racism can, will, and must be defeated.
2. We may have different religions, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race.
3. Peace is never a perfect achievement.
See Also: Kofi Anan: Let’s Give African Youths A Chance
4. I have always believed that on important issues, the leaders must lead. Where the leaders fail to lead, and people are really concerned about it, the people will take the lead and make the leaders follow.
5. To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.
6. If one is going to err, one should err on the side of liberty and freedom.
7. Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope.
8. I am not afraid to dream. You first have to start with a dream. Build your castles in the air and give it foundation. Without a dream, you are not going to get anywhere.
9. You are never too young to lead and you should never doubt your capacity to triumph where others have not.
10. The happiness of any society begins with the well-being of the families that live in it.
11. You can do a lot with diplomacy, but with diplomacy backed up by force you can get a lot more done.
12. If information and knowledge are central to democracy, they are conditions for development.
13. In the rush for justice, it is important not to lose sight of principles the country holds dear.
See Also: Meet The Black Men The World Cannot Afford To Forget In a Hurry
14. One must also acknowledge that there are moments in an organization’s development when fresh blood and new vision are required, which may imply that an outsider may be better suited to the leadership role.
15. I am often asked what can people do to become a good global citizen. I reply that it begins in your own community.
16. Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.
17. Gather the five virtues (Dignity, Confidence, Courage, Compassion, and Faith). Then you are a man.
18. Reform is a process, and not an event.
19. More than ever before in human history, we share a common destiny. We can master it only if we face it together. And that is why we have the United Nations.
20. The problem is not with the faith, but with the faithful.
21. We can love what we are, without hating what, and who, we are not.
22. Education is, quite simply, peace-building by another name. It is the most effective form of defense spending there is.
23. The Lord had the wonderful advantage of being able to work alone.
24. If we are to make poverty history, we must have the active participation of States, civil society, and the private sector, as well as individual volunteers.
25. Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance.
Latest Nigeria News
- World Food Day: Preventing Food Waste In Your Own Home
- The Different Shades Of Joy: World Happiness Report 2017
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark
- Five Quick Facts About Ghana’s Recent Gas Explosion
- Madagascar Plague: All You Need To Know
- The Honeymoon Tradition: 5 Historical Facts You Did Not Know
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize: Japanese Kazuo Ishiguro Beats Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
- Random Acts Of Kindness Quotes : Lessons From Las Vegas Tragedy
- Harvard In Trouble With US Government For Diversity Record
- Sleeping Tricks: 5 Things To Try When You Cannot Sleep
- Monkeypox: Quick Facts About The Latest Deadly Virus In West Africa
- International Teachers Day: Remembering The World’s Most Unnoticed Instructors
- Dr Vuyane Mhlomi: The Power Of Determination And Hardwork
- The Blade Runner Killer: Family Protests Film Being Made About Oscar Pistorius
- Obamas 25th Anniversary: The Love Story Behind The International Power Couple
- Magufuli’s Salary: The Bulldozer Earns A Third Of Predecessor’s Earning
- The 5 African Athletes Nominated For The 2017 World Athlete Of The Year Award
- Vhutshilo Netshituni: Everything You Need To Know About SA’s First Black Paediatric Oncologist