Eating Eggs– Eggs are one of the most wholly nutritious foods in the world. Eating an egg could indirectly mean eating a potential whole chicken.
While there are some misconceptions over frequent intakes, eggs are still good for the body.
1. Absolutely Nutritious
Whole eggs are so rich that they contain though in little amounts, most nutrients needed for the body.
- Vitamin A: 6% of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA).
- Folate: 5% of the RDA
- Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA
- Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2(Riboflavin): 15% of the RDA
- Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA
- Selenium: 22% of the RDA
- Eggs also contain decent amounts of Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium and Zinc
Eggs also contain a rich amount of Omega 3 and a good protein source. They contain all the essential amino acids that humans need.
See Also: Fascinating Egg Facts That Haven’t Crossed Your Mind
2. Good For Weight Loss
It appears very surprising when some diet plans include eggs in their meals.
Eggs were first known for their protein content. Then came the stress on the health dangers of the yolk which has a high-fat content. Recently there have been findings coming up to debunk the supposition that fats were bad news, especially for heart health.
Well for a relief, eggs may actually be good for your weight loss plan. A study carried out by the Rochester Center for Obesity Research found that eating eggs for breakfast helps limit your calorie intake all day, by more than 400 calories.
In other words, eating eggs can help you lose about three pounds or more in one month.
With the fat content, one tends to feel full for longer. By this, you may have no need to eat junks as snacks or eat heavily.
3. Good Source Of Fats
Fats are not demons, they have their roles too in the human body. Eggs are most definitely high in cholesterol. One egg contains 212 mg, which is more than half of the 300 mg recommended daily intake.
Adding to that, eggs contain what is called “dietary cholesterol” which is different from “blood cholesterol’ in your body. Thus it is still under scrutiny if eating eggs increases blood cholesterol levels.
According to Health Line, eggs actually increases the good cholesterol – High-Density Lipoprotein. HDL is linked to a reduced risk of many diseases. It further stated that a daily intake of 2 eggs for 6 weeks can increase the HDL levels by 10%.
NOTE: Eating any kind of food in excess is not good.
See Also: You Should Be Having These For Breakfast! Check Out 8 African Breakfast Ideas
4. Breast Cancer Prevention
Whole eggs contain an important yet not too known nutrient called choline. One egg contains over 100 mg of choline which function is to build cell membranes.
Researchers from the University of North Carolina discovered that choline can reduce the risk of breast cancer by 24 percent.
Another research by Harvard University also supports the claim as they found that adolescents who consumed more were less likely to have a breast cancer in their adult life.
An egg yolk contains 125.5 milligrams of choline, which is a quarter of the recommended daily intake.
5. Good For Eye Health
The Vitamin A content of eggs makes it good for improving eyesight. Also, they contain vitamins that can help to battle degenerative processes that can affect our eyes.
Eggs have a high amount of Lutein and Zeaxanthin which are very important for eye disorders like macular degeneration and cataracts.
Adequate amounts of these nutrients/ antioxidants can significantly reduce the risk of these disorders. They build up in the retina of the eye.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?