At the appointment of Mabior Garang in 2016 as the minister of Water Affairs in Sudan, Africans made the youthful leader a point of interest.
The young man was all over the internet for a range of reasons. Some for good, some others for bad. Bottom line is that his personality was entirely different from the typical kinds who serve in government.
Mabior Garang who has a radical political view may not be the best fix for the position if subjected to electoral procedures. However by the conditional appointment of President Salva Kiir, he is serving as the Minister of Water Affairs in Sudan.
1. One Of The Youngest African Ministers
Mabior Garang de Mabior appointed as minister for Water and Irrigation in April, 2016. This was in compliance to the peace agreement among the warring factions of the South Sudan which led to the formation of the Transitional Government of National Unity (TGoNU). The peace government is to administer the country for the next two and a half years, pending elections.
As of now, Garang is one of the youngest ministers the continent has ever seen.
2. Trendy Fashionsita
Call him the selfie king. Even as the minister of water affairs in Sudan, Garang could not just keep either his swag or phone down. He does not also spare his social media accounts of his latest ministerial looks and upgrades.
Last year, the minister took to Facebook to narrate his experience during a cabinet meeting. According to him, he wore a red bow tie which was considered inappropriate for the official gathering.
“After coming home and changing my bow tie at the advice of the First Vice President Dr. Riek Machar Teny-dhuorgon … I returned to the Council of Ministers Meeting … only to be harassed and barred from entry by Salvador Kiir’s bodyguards … they should understand that this TGONU will not be business as usual … change is here.”
See Also: Africa’s Top 4 Disciplinarian Presidents At The Moment
3. From A prominent family
Mabior Garang De mabior is the son of former Sudanese leader, John Garang and Rebecca Nyandeng De Mabior
Until the time of his death in a helicopter crash in 2005, John was considered the most influential leader in Sudan. He was the first vice president of Sudan from July 9, 2005 to July 30, 2005.
The Garang family has close political and cordial ties with Raila Odinga, former Kenyan prime minister who recently contested for the presidency in Kenya.
Raila’s father is said to have saved John Garang from being executed for illegally migrating to Kenya in the 60’s. Garang and a friend had crossed the border from Ethiopia and were caught in Moyale. Raila’s father, Jaramogi Oginga Odinga came to their rescue and saved their lives.
Ever since the two prominent families have enjoyed a close relationship to the point that the minister of water affairs in Sudan, Mabior considers Kenya his second home. His mother, Rebecca had once fled to Nairobi for fear of being attacked in Juba.
In January 2015, Mabior Garang attended the burial of Raila’s son, Fidel Odinga, in Kenya.
See Also: Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
4. Former Rebel Leader
Before his appointment, Mabior Garang was the spokesman of the Machar-led rebels.
Dr Riek Machar is considered Mabior Garang’s father’s former arch rival. Dr. Riek Machar, the leader of Armed Opposition and former Vice President of South Sudan.
5. Street Credibility
Mabior Garang who has been described as a conditional politician is a controversial personality. His mother is believed to be the drive behind his surprising political venture.
His age made him a point of interest when appointed into the ministerial position. Even more was his rough and carefree lifestyle.
In February, Mabior Garang De mabior was reportedly in a critical condition at Dr Mvungi’s Hospital at Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam. He passed out in his hotel room at Kinondoni due to a drug overdose. The one-time rebel have been bluntly called a drug addict who drinks a lot by his people.
In August 2014, he was caught in Addis Ababa as he was making an attempt to assassinate the President. A 9 MM pistol cocked with six bullets was found on him.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?