Bisa Kdei is a popular Ghanaian “hip-life” native singer and record producer from Eastern Region.
From the days of his humble beginnings, Kdei has remained an artiste who is down to earth and utterly passionate about the preservation of the African culture through the arts.
Let’s take a look at some of the not so known facts about Bisa Kdei:
Bisa Kdei, whose real name is Ronald KwekuDei Appiah hails from Larteh, in the Easten Region of Ghana. He was born on 19th March 1986. He is the third of eight children.
Not much information is known about his parents.
However on August 2015, Bisa Kdei reportedly lost his mother. Coincidentally the sad incident occurred on the same day he released the official music video for his latest single, MANSA.
For his education, Bisa attended Christian Valley International School. From there he went on to graduate from Accra Technical Training College. As he grew, so did his love for music. His all time favorites were the likes of Kojo Antwi, Nana Ampadu and Dr. Paa Boo.
3. Professional Singing Career
At the age of fifteen, Bisa launched his first move into the music world. He started out rapping for a boy group, Boys In Serious Action. It is from this group name that he arrived at the name “Bisa”.
In time he went solo. By then he had realized and developed his singing skills instead of the initial rap style.
Bisa Kdei made history in Ghana as the first local singer to break into limelight with the sound track of the movie Azonto Ghost.
The soundtrack of the same title became a hit which earned him several awards.
According to him, he wants to be the singer with a story and a purpose. Bisa is all for changing lives.
“Some musicians do music for the fun of it, but I always try to tell a story that people can relate to. Ever since I began playing music about eight years ago, I have told touching stories of everyday life through my music.”
See Also: African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
4. Top Rated collaborations
Bisa Kdei has worked with Ghana’s Alist musicians such as Sarkodie, DBlack, Efya, Obrafour, KwawKese, M.anifest, Stonebwoy, Medikal, Becca, Samini amonst many others.
In Nigeria he has worked with artistes like Patoranking, Reekado Banks and Lola Rae. Bisa produced Chingam by Sarkodie, One of Your Own by Efya, Pimpinaa by Obrafour.
5. African Patriot
The uniquely talented Ghanaian star identifies himself as an ardent lover of the Ghanaian culture and the African heritage.
It will be to his utmost delight to someday be recognized as one of the pillars of Africa via entertainment. He also hopes to transform lives not just in Africa but the rest of the world.
6. Fluent In Twi & English Languages
As a custodian of the Ghanaian/African culture as seen in his high-life songs and videos, Bisa proudly communicates with his mother tongue.
This gave the erroneous notion that he was not well-grounded in English language.
“It was funny, however, how English-language radio stations quickly changed the language to Twi just to make me feel comfortable because they thought I couldn’t speak English.”
“Presenters from YFM, Citi FM and Joy FM, who interviewed me would regularly start their interviews in Twi before I told them I preferred to speak in English.”
“I have received a lot of bad comments on my Facebook page from my fans telling me to educate myself in English. But I knew that was because no one had heard me speak English in an interview.”
“I decided to prove to all those doubting my capability that I am not an illiterate. For Christ sake, I am a graduate of Accra Technical Training College. The fact that I never spoke English in an interview or replied comments asking me to speak English did not mean I am an illiterate.”
See Also: 40 Ghanaian Proverbs About Different Aspects Of Life You Should Know
7. Christian & Proud
Bisa was born into a Christian home and has remained in the religion till his adult life.
His song Give It To Baba is one that hints on his faith values.
“I give it all to God because he is the reason I am here now.”
As a Christian, Bisa preaches respect for all religion regardless of differences.
8. Favorite Slogan
His popular quote in life is known to be: “SLOW MOTION IS BETTER THAN NO MOTION”.
For all who are confused about direction to greatness, he also says this:
“Start wherever you are, use what you have and you shall get there.”
Ever since he ventured into his solo singing career, it has been one success story to the other. Bisa Kdei is a Multi-award winning singer, songwriter and producer.
With over twenty awards, Kdei is one of the leading names in Ghana’s music industry.
10. Single Or Not
Reports revealed suspicion over his closeness to another Ghanaian female singer, Becca. However both have denied such claims.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me