Born in Lagos Nigeria, Victor Moses is one of Nigeria’s professional footballer who is making the nation proud in the international scene.
Moses started out his soccer career at a very young age. He had moved to the UK at age 11 after the brutal murder of his parents in a religious attack. While making the best of his soccer talent, the young chap began to catch the eye of international clubs.
At the age of 14, he had already scored 50 goals for Crystal Palace’s under-14s side.
While Playing for Nigeria, he represented England at under-16, under-17, under-19 and under-21 levels. Since 2012, the Chelsea and Super Eagles wing-back has gained over 20 caps for Nigeria.
For the national team he appeared at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations and the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
So far the star has been making both national and international records worth commending.
1. Rumors Of Barcelona Transfer
Last year, Barcelona suggested an interest in Chelsea’s Victor Moses.
The report said that Barca’s interest in Moses was because they probably needed “a right-back to either replace or provide competition for Sergi Roberto”.
Throughout the season, Barcelona carefully analysed Chelsea games. The report says that the Nigerian international star once again caught the eye of the scout sent to observe the club matches.
Chelsea boss, Antonio Conte declined commenting on the transfer rumor when approached by the media.
See Also: Rumor Has It That Barcelona Wants Moses; Chelsea To Review Contract
2. Versatility Proven
Over time, Moses has displayed his versatility in the pitch. Making it more pronounced, the star who is a believer of submissiveness to the manager has been playing in a new defense position.
“The position I am playing at right wing-back, I know I can score goals there. Wherever the manager plays me, I will play. I am not a player who tells him where I want to play and where I don’t want to play. I just want to enjoy my football. It is just a matter of time and the goals will come.”
During the 2-1 win tournament with Crystal Palace in October, Victor Moses sustained a hamstring injury. Consequently, the star has not played in the past 1 month.
Currently, the versatile player says there have been improvements but will however take his time to heal.
“The rehab has been going very well and hopefully I can just take my time to get myself as fit as possible to go back out there and enjoy my football again.”
“It is always frustrating when you watch the lads and you want to go in there yourself to try to help, to do the best you can to help the lads.”
See Also: Antonio Conte: Best Premier League Manager With A 79% Win Ratio
4. Warming Up For Awards
Simultaneously Moses has been nominated for a couple of awards- Confederation of African Football’s (CAF) Player of the Year award and BBC’s African Player of the Year prize opens.
Victor Moses has been named one of the top-five players from Africa for the BBC award. Voting has commenced.
The like of Didier Drogba, Michael Essien and John Obi Mikel have been honored with the award in the past.
“It would be great to win an award and be the best in Africa. It would mean a lot to me. It is something I would keep for the rest of my life, and it would be like a dream come true. We will see the outcome!”
“It is an honor that has previously been bestowed upon former Chelsea greats Didier Drogba, Michael Essien and John Obi Mikel.”
The winner of the BBC African Player of the Year award will be announced on Monday, December 11, while the CAF Player of the Year for 2017 will be announced on January 4.
5. Helped Qualify Nigeria For 2018 World Cup
“I’ve been playing further forward for Nigeria, in my natural position. I like to take the ball and attack defenders, but defensively I help out my full-back, too.”
“It’s been a wonderful year, and now we have qualified for the World Cup. We have made the whole nation proud of us and that’s what we wanted to do. We’ve got an exciting team with some good young players. Come Russia, we will be ready to go.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me