Pope Francis’ Lamborghini– The Austerity popular Pope Francis has once again pushed off the use of another luxury property.
Pope Francis was presented with a brand new Lamborghini Huracan on Wednesday by Lambo CEO Stefano Domenicali and members of the board.
The Lamborghini Huracan which now sells between $200,000 – $225, 000 has a 610 metric horsepower. The car had gold stripes and gold-rimmed wing mirrors.
Pope Francis blessed and signed on the bonnet of the super white car and sent it off to Sotheby’s auction house for the needful.
In a statement from the makers of the automobile it was confirmed that the exotic ride will be auctioned and the proceeds donated to charity.
“The car will be auctioned by RM Sotheby’s on 12 May 2018, with the proceeds delivered directly to the Holy Father, who decided to allocate them to the Pontifical Foundation “Aiuto alla Chiesa che Soffre” (Aid to the Church in Need), the Pope John XXIII Community, GICAM headed by Dr. Marco Lanzetta (hand surgeon) and “Amici per il Centrafrica” (Friends of Central Africa).”
The Christian community finds this gesture commendable. By auctioning the luxurious ride, Pope Francis has failed to betray his simple personality which he is much loved for.
Parts of the proceed from the auction will go to the rebuilding of homes destroyed by ISIS in Nineveh Plains in Iraq; an Italian association helping victims of sex trafficking and prostitute rings; and two other organizations supporting vulnerable women and children.
The news about the auctioning of the Pope’s Lamborghini is not new per se. This is the pope who did not mind riding in a bus after his canonization in 2013. He currently lives in a simple apartment in the grounds of the Vatican instead of a well furnished Apostolic Palace.
See Also: Pope Francis Washes The Feet Of Muslim Refugees On Holy Thursday
This is an example that should speak to modern day luxury-friendly clergy and pastors. In an era where church leaders are high on private jets, the pontiff chooses to stick to his humble “Popemobile”, a Ford car slightly modified for security purposes.
Pope Francis discourages the rising idolatry of money and luxury toys.
On a different occasion, the Pope said this:
“It hurts me when I see a priest or nun with the latest model car. You can’t do this.”
“Just think of how many children die of hunger and dedicate the savings to them.”
In our time it is hard to merge the gospel of contentment and the “go-on-getting” motto in the world right now.
It is harder when some pastors and clergy enjoy luxury properties that the lay man cannot afford. The irony is rubbed in when they preach against the love for the “things of the world”; the “vanity is vanity” gospel.
See Also: Mother Teresa’s Canonization: A Reward For True Christian Service
Core Christians and indeed individuals with deepened spirituality revere simplicity and poverty(by choice).
By poverty we do not refer to penury where one depends on others for basic needs. The Catholic faith preaches the conscious decision to carry others along with the much you have at the expense of one’s secondary wants and longings that money can buy. It is placing charity above the insatiable luxurious lifestyle.
Here are other times the pope auctioned luxury items:
Pope’s Holy Harley
In 2014, the Pope auctioned a Harley-Davidson motorcycle which ended up selling at $284, 000 which is multiple times more than the normal price. The motorcycle jacket which was signed by Pope Francis also sold for nearly $68,000.
An iPad which belonged to Pope Francis was seen at Castells auction house in Montevideo in 2015. It sold for $30,500.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?