Meet the Takoradi born Ghanaian musician and songwriter, Kofi Kinaata.
This sensational Ghanaian star is best known as the Fante rap master, Kofi Kinaata is one of the country’s unique artistes.
Kofi who maintains that he is an “upcoming star” has been managed by Tony Pan CEO of High Grade Family since 2013.
Here is everything you need to know about the star amiable star:
His real name is Martin King Arthur but popularly known as Kofi Kinaata.
Born into a Christian home, his father was a minister who taught Bible study in church.
Kofi was raised in Effiakuma, a residential town in the Western Region of Ghana.
He completed his secondary education at Takoradi technical institute where he generated a huge fan base.
The rap star was involved in many competitions on several radio stations and entertainment platforms. Kofi Kinaata was the 1st runner up for the Melody FM Kasahari Battle in 2009.
See Also: Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
One distinct feature that sets a rapper apart from the others is his clarity of words. More than the poetic quality and pace of the rendition, rap music makes little or no sense if the audience cannot grab the lyrics. Kofi Kinaata is one of the best Ghanaian rappers with this quality which is why many love him and his songs. This earned him the title of the Fante Rap Gad (FRG).
“I make my words so clear that those who cannot even speak Fante can understand clearly what I am saying.”
“My fans always wanted to hear what I was saying and kept it simple and clear, so it was not surprising most people like my rap on Castro’s Odo Pa.”
The clarity of words are evident in his works like Susuka, Confession and Onnyi Chorus.
Barely 3 years in the industry the rapper who does more songs in the Highlife/Hiplife genre has become of the leading artistes in Ghana having worked alongside big shots like Samini, Kwaw Kese, Castro and Sarkodie.
During one of his local performances for Takoradi community his path crossed with Castro. In time he had his break in the music industry.
Proudly African Flavor
With his classy rap talent, Kofi chooses no to go all the way western as 90% of his music pieces represents Ghana and Africa at large.
As a signature style, he uses his local language and creatively infuses traditional African proverbs in his lyrics.
The self-acclaimed “king of punchlines” gave Fante people something to be happy about when he released his 2015 Made In Taadi. The song showcased their annual Ankos Christmas Festival.
See Also: Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
Kofis’ Susuka appears to be the hottest of all his songs. The star says his father was the inspiration behind the award winning song. His father’s view was that modern music were loud and empty. So, he did the song to change his perception.
The motivational song earned him the Vodafone Ghana Music Award and became one of the most watched videos from the Western Region on Youtube, hitting 1 million views.
Growing up, the star who is a reggae fan said he listened so much to Joseph Hill’s songs. By so doing he appreciated his message of peace, love and unity.
In the same way he always wants to serve his fans the very best. So the artiste says he feels challenged to do better than his previous works and does not bank on past glory.
In all he says he is motivated by Amy Newman, a gospel artiste.
Kofi Kinaata clinched 3 different awards at the 2017 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards – Highlife Song of the Year for his song Confession; Songwriter of the Year and Highlife Artiste of the Year.
In 2016, he won the Song Writer of the Year and Best New Artiste of the Year awards in the same platform.
The song “Confession” which was released last year in December appealed to the entire country, making it one of the best songs of the year. Sharing semblance with Carrie Underwood’s Jesus Take The Wheel, the song was used as the 2017 theme song by the Minority party (NDC).
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?