It is true what they say, “givers never lack”. At a time when there are heated debates about tithing in churches, scientists have taken a dig into the entire concept of giving and the prosperous prospects of doing so.
Several studies have reasons to believe that giving can make an individual and even nations rich… well even richer. The United States seems to be a perfect example of a wealthy as well as one of the most generous nations in the world.
A 2006 report says the Giving U.S.A. Foundation estimates that Americans donated nearly $300 billion to charity. The estimated sum is equivalent to the gross domestic product of all except 33 countries in the world.
Defeating the argument that logically you must be rich before you are able to give away, scientists say that is not all the explanation there is to it.
An experiment published in Entrepreneur, says that a survey of about 30,000 people of different ages, races, religion, and other personal characteristics, in over 40 communities across the U.S. shows that people who give charitably make significantly more money than those who don’t.
Surprisingly the report stated that,
“People do give more when they become richer-research has shown that a 10 percent increase in income stimulates giving by about 7 percent-but people also grow wealthier when they give more.”
“More giving doesn’t just correlate with higher income; it causes higher income. And not just a little.”
The University of Oregon conducted its own research and found that acts if charity stimulates parts of the brain that are linked to he meeting of the basic needs of man. This implies that the brain is home to the fact that giving has its perks.
See Also: Forgive And Forget Is Not A Religious Slogan… It’s A Medical Advise
While this concept of giving and getting richer does not sound logical, it appears to be a law of nature that giving makes fortune smile on you. Need we also say that giving makes you happier and lighter on the inside? It sure does.
In as mush as philanthropy does not necessarily suggest one is donating from excess reserves, the charitable act has equally been proven to have the propensity of taking people up to higher leadership positions. Perhaps this is why there is a superficial side of philanthropy.
Basically speaking the act of giving shows that one is thoughtful; with the quality in itself considered a worthy characteristic of a good leader.
From another point of view, giving may not always be monetary. How about services? Your Talents?
Sometimes people become volunteers to render service or just for the experience. By so doing they step into doors that eventually make them wealthy. It gets to a point where someone becomes willing to pay for these services.
Cool Giving Quotes
These are giving quotes you should know as we proceed into the “merrily merrily” month of December.
1. Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others – Booker T. Washington.
2. No one has ever become poor by giving – Anne Frank.
3. I don’t think you ever stop giving. I really don’t. I think it’s an on-going process. And it’s not just about being able to write a check. It’s being able to touch somebody’s life – Oprah Winfrey.
See Also: 5 Reasons A Lazy Person Is Set Up For Success
4. The best things to do with the best things in life is to give them away – Dorothy Day.
5. For it is in giving that we receive – Francis of Assisi.
6. The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own – Lao Tzu.
7. Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
8. When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed – Maya Angelou.
9. Giving back is the right thing to do, whether it’s donating clothing or even just a smile to someone who needs it – Becky G.
10. The most truly generous persons are those who give silently without hope of praise or reward – Carol Ryrie Brink, (Caddie Woodlawn’s Family).
11. Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving – B. C. Forbes.
12. Giving is the master key to success, in all applications of human life – Bryant McGill.
13. Christmas and the holidays are the season of giving. It’s a time when people are more kind and open-hearted – Gisele Bundchen.
14. It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving – Mother Teresa.
15. I must be willing to give whatever it takes to do good to others. This requires that I be willing to give until it hurts – Mother Teresa.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- 7 New Year Resolutions For Africans Who Love Africa
- Top 5 Unpleasant Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku