The Global Gender Ratio– It is often generally assumed that there are more women than men on the surface of the earth. Surprisingly the demographic statistics from some countries proves otherwise.
For these areas there are some factors that are responsible for the gender imbalance. Basically every country has factors that are responsible for the gender demographic ratio.
Generally speaking for instance, infant mortality is higher in boys than girls in most parts of the world. According to the male to female sex ratio as estimated by the United States’ Central Intelligence Agency the world average for the ratio of males/females is 1.01, which translates to the fact that there are 1.01 males for every female (more males than females).
From the statistics the number of men and women in the world is shown to be roughly equal.
Leading slightly is the ratio of men to women. The record shows that as at 2015, there were 102 men for 100 women in the world. Putting it clearly, this means that if there are 1000 people in the world, 504 translating to 50.4% are men while 496 translating to 49.6% are women.
It went on to show that for every 100 girls, 107 boys are born. However it was noted that males have a higher risk of dying than females. This finding pertains to males of all ages- childhood and at adult ages.
Regardless, the global gender population ratios even out at a certain age. In France for instance, this usually occurs at age 25. Beyond that, women slightly lead in the gender ratio. Out of 10 French centenarians, 8 are women.
Brightside compiled a list of top 10 countries where there are more men than women. This compilation does not in any way represent an official conclusive ranking. Many other agencies and governments have their parameters of coming to their own conclusions.
In Sweden the percentage of native men to women are 49.5% (4,121,471) and 50.5% (4,205,655) respectively. But by virtue of migration, the ratio went up in favor of the male gender.
India is expected to be the world’s most populous country by 2022. As at the last census, there are 110 men for every 100 women under the age of 24. At the moment, India is the second most populated country in the world. It has 5 times the number of the world’s population.
According to United Nations, India has 106.98 males per 100 females in 2015. They are at Brightside’s top 9.
Just like in Switzerland, the men here are in excess. There are almost 15,000 fewer women in Sweden.
According to Brightside, it is stated that most Italian ladies search for work or to study outside the country. As such there is a high concentration of men in the country.
The Italian government, there were an estimated 5,000,073 foreign nationals resident in Italy, with probably more men part of the number.
The Finish statistics reveals that 256,000 men aged from 25 to 54 don’t have dates. How else is best to show that women in this part of the world are indeed in short supply.
See Also: The Aftermath Of China’s 40-Year Old One-Child Policy
China definitely has to be in this list with the long years of legal restriction on the number of children every family should have. During the time of Mao Zang, the mortality rate in China was very low. Thus the government urged the people to have as much children as they can. In the 1960’s, the breed as you wish policy became a problem and the government once again legally mandated the people to have only one child.
For decades the male child was preferred leading to the abortions of many baby girls. With the result that at the moment there are many men and less women in their demography.
In China, there are 34 million more men than women with a ratio of 88.03.
Quoting Brightside, there’s still a shortage of women in Cyprus, notwithstanding the large inflow of migrants. As at 2015, male to female ratio for Cyprus was 100.31 males per 100 females.
Cyprus has a sex ratio of 1.05 male(s)/female at birth.
In Though Cyprus male to female ratio fluctuated substantially in recent years, it tended to increase through 1970 – 2015 period ending at 100.31 males per 100 females in 2015. By 2016, the total population had a 1.04 male to female ratio.
The case of Italy is yet again repeated here. With Canadian women leaving to work outside their country, the nation’s population has like 250, 000 more men than women.
Iceland on average has like 104 men for every 100 women. This is one of the governments that were rumored to have offered payments for foreign ladies who would marry Icelandic men.
In Norway, Brightside quotes that there are 12,000 more men than women.
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- 7 New Year Resolutions For Africans Who Love Africa
- Top 5 Unpleasant Things You Should Never Do On A First Date
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku