First dates… first impression or may be not. Either way, it is no occasion to make unpleasant memories.
Ordinarily no one needs to tell you that your appearance, table manners and overall conduct matters in this occasion. Of course you should also know that good grooming is important. Neither sloppy nor smutty is allowed.
Let’s not also forget that with your nerve all over the place, you may just end up doing all the wrong things you never thought you were capable of.
So does it mean that if you have all the above covered, then nothing could ever go wrong? It may not be safe to think that.
And that’s why we made a list of some unpleasant things you wouldn’t want to be remembered for after that first date.
1. Keeping Your Date Waiting
As with every kind of date or appointment, keeping to time is a good way to start. Except there was an unavoidable emergency, it is utterly insensitive to keep someone waiting for longer than bargained for. It sends a wrong message to the one doing the waiting. Lateness often communicates disregard and a nonchalant attitude. It says tons on one’s commitment level.
It’s called a date, which literally means the appointment had been fixed prior to the day of the meeting. It’s only fair and expected that you plan towards it. If you need to cancel, please do that prior to the day itself and with a super-good reason. Otherwise it wouldn’t hurt to adjust your your schedule and avail yourself for the date.
For the ladies, Looking good is serious business. So if you need hours for that desired look, then start the face beats early enough. That way everybody wins. Besides, a toned down make up look is best for both formal and romantic dates.
See Also: How To Get The Beyonce No Makeup Look- Top 10 Tips
2. Keep The Phone Away
Some debaters have argued that the highly treasured social devices of the modern time are doing more harm than good where ideal communication is concerned. Some have actually gone as far as categorizing them as anti-social devices which in other words contradicts the very essence for which they were made.
Imagine being engrossed in a chat with strangers who are possibly miles away or just drifting away while surfing the internet, meanwhile taking little or no recognition of the person sitting next to you in a bus.
Whether it is the first or the fiftieth date, all phone distractions should be cut off. Beeps, alerts and a constantly ringing phone gets in the way of what could be a great time.
There are non-verbal communications that you should be paying attention to. Things that only a one on one meeting can reveal. In two words, “Be present“. Agreeing to the date was not under gun point, so just enjoy the moment.
3. Complaining About Everything
It may not have been a good day but trust me half the people you came across today have probably had worse. There is no wisdom in whining about everything, from the cab driver, to the door man to the “tasteless food”. It’s great advice to know that character is everything. Set your priorities straight for that given moment, ditch the drama and be happy for goodness sake.
Did you know that treating hospitality staff with respect is a plus to your personality?
See Also: Science Verifies That Complaining Is Terrible For You
4. Wrong Line Of Conversation/Questions
So what really is safe to talk about on a first date to avoid unpleasant memories? Something that always works is to find a common topic of interest. This is easier to know when there’s been a sort of acquaintance before the date. Otherwise, it’s cool to ask what your date likes. From there you can start a lively conversation.
The idea is to be comfortable with each other. This is a time to get to know someone and not necessarily to impress. Bearing that in mind, please endeavor not to make it a lecture, a debate or an interview. By the way, don’t ask questions you won’t be comfortable answering yourself.
5. And Who Pays The Bills???
Irrespective of who ends up picking the tab, it is safe and wise not to leave your house with an empty purse or pocket. In fact it is thoughtful to offer or assume you would take care of it
Besides you never know what unpleasant surprise may show up. Keep some cash or credit/debit card handy.
With a mutual understanding, it’s really not a crime to both pay the bills.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?