REVEALED | How Billionaire Kidnapper ‘Evans’ evaded Police, How his wife is related to another Kingpin
More revelations are emerging on how Billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudi Dumeme Onuamadike aka Evans, was able to dodge the police dragnet for many years. The revelations indicated that ‘Evans’ had the penchant for using luxury phones, among which are two Slim Vertu phones and a Thuraya.
The first Vertu phone is said to worth N2.6 million, while the second is valued at N2.4 million. The Thuraya is also said to worth N800,000. According to the source, the Vertu and Thuraya phones made it impossible for the security agents to track him.
Thuraya in particular uses satellite services. Another police source said that investigators had traced additional 36 phone lines to Evans, after earlier narrowing down to 126.
Another suspect, Nwosu Chikodi Chukwuma aka Skudo, told investigators that Evans murdered Amaka’s husband and turned the woman to his mistress.
But when Evans was asked, he denied the allegation. Although he had four mistresses, Amaka, who already had children for her late husband, was the only mistress he calls on the dedicated phone line. Evans told police that the Thuraya phone was his preferred phone for usage during negotiations for ransom.
Detectives revealed that the phone is the type used by the leader of Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau and other terrorists to evade tracking and arrest. A police source: “The Thuraya phone can’t be tracked. It can get signal anywhere, either under the sea or in the jungle. It works with satellite and it doesn’t make use of SIM card.”
Investigations also revealed that the mother of Evans bolted to Bayelsa State after hearing about the arrest of her son. As police continue to dig out Evans’ criminal activities, they have discovered that his wife, also from Anambra State, is a sister to a kidnap kingpin, who had been killed. It was learnt that rocket launchers were found in the said kidnapper’s home while Anambra State government also demolished his building.
The officer in charge of the Inspector General of Police Special Response Team (IRT), Mr. Abba Kyari, who led in the hunt and arrest of Evans, said: “Evans almost got away with his crimes. No criminal has given me this kind of headache in my career.
Not even the case of Godogodo or Vampire. I hardly sleep. Even when I’m in the toilet, I would be analysing over 100 numbers, checking out those he had conversations with. What we have gathered is like a book now.
“But the case was a hard nut to crack until we found something interesting in one particular number. Out of the all the phone lines, it was the only number that he was using to communicate with family members in Nnewi. We followed up on that and he was nailed.”
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, before Evans’ arrest, had placed a N30 million bounty on him.
According to him, the bounty placement was made on behalf of the IG, Ibrahim Idris. “We are encouraging Nigerians to blow the whistle on this kidnapper. Whoever blows the whistle that will lead to his arrest will get a N30 million reward, as stated by the Inspector- General of Police, Ibrahim Idris,” the commissioner had said.
The Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), CSP Jimoh Moshood, denied knowledge of the bounty.
He asked: “Where did you see that? I’m not aware of that announcement.” Pressed further, the FPRO said: “You need to find out which IG did that. I’m not aware; it is not to my knowledge.” Vertu New Signature Touch, according to c/net is the latest luxury device from British brand Vertu.
The 5.2-inch phone, it states, separates itself from the pack with a whopping price tag, which starts at £6,500, about $10,000 or equivalent of about N3.7 million.
“The New Signature Touch makes use of luxury materials like Titanium in its body, it’s hand-wrapped in your choice of calf, lizard or alligator skin and its screen is made from a solid lump of super-strong 130-carat sapphire.
“It’s not just about the design either as this phone is well-stocked with tech. Inside you will find an octa-core processor, the display has a full HD resolution and there’s a 21-megapixel, 4K-capable camera too. Mix in Vertu’s included concierge service, which lets you summon a lackey to do your bidding, and you’ve got yourself one hell of a phone,” it adds.
Latest Nigeria News
- Tanzania: Magufuli Orders Arrest And Deportation Of Gay Right Activists
- The Weird Way A No Smoking Sign Makes You Want To Smoke
- Showcase Synonyms – 20 Words That Can Be Used Instead
- Synonyms And Antonyms Of Spirit You Can Use Anytime
- Darwin’s Theory Ban: Turkey Disagrees With Man’s Evolution From Apes
- 4 Reasons FIFA Is Finding It Hard To Get Sponsors For The 2018 World Cup
- Nike To Release A New Performance Hijab For Muslim Female Athletes
- African Widowhood: Remembering The Plight Of Widows In Our Society
- The South African Human Lamb Story And Bestiality Concerns In Africa
- Meet The Four Beautiful Women That Won Beyonce’s ‘Formation’ Scholarship Program
- Kelechi Iheanacho: Chronicles Of The Manchester City Star
- Queens Of Africa: The Women Who Have Shaped Africa As Illustrated By Onyinye Iwu
- Dangling Children: 3 Times Parents Sent Wrong Signals To The World
- Grenfell Tower: Top 10 Lessons To Learn From The London Fire
- Jair Bolsonaro: Five Ways This Brazil’s Presidential Candidate Is Like Donald Trump
- Why You Should Trade On Tonaton And How To Sign Up For Free
- Bamako Resort Attack: Why Foreigners Are Constant Targets In Mali
- Vehicle-Ramming Attacks: Three Ways Terrorism Has Changed In Recent Times
- Beyonce’s Twins And Five Times The Superstar Was Nigerian Culture Goals
- Ethiopia: Archaeologists Have Just Discovered An Ancient Islamic City[Photos]
- 7 Important Things Your Dad May Need To Hear This Fathers Day
- 5 Things To Not Do On Fathers Day
- Egypt: Parents Who Give Their Children Western Names Could Face A Jail Term
- Abu Dhabi: Mosque Gets Renamed After Mary, The Mother Of Jesus
- Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi: Russia May Have Killed ISIS Boss
- Femi Aribisala: The Igbo Tribe Have Been A Great Credit To Nigeria
- Natasha Elcock: London Tower Inferno Survivor Shares Miraculous Escape
- Gift Ideas For Your Father Ahead Of Fathers Day
- China’s World Cup Ambitions: FIFA President Gianni Infantino Meets President Xi
- Man Mistaken For Former Ivory Coast President Beaten In France
- Ramadan: Tunisians Demand Freedom To Break Fast
- World Blood Donor Day: 5 Reasons To Donate Blood Anyday
- White-owned Ranches In Kenya To Be Dismantled If Raila Odinga Wins In August
- Middle East Crisis: Somalia Shuns Saudi’s $80M Gift With Strings Attached
- A KFC Sandwich Is Going To The Edge Of Space
- How To Get The Beyonce No Makeup Look- Top 10 Tips
- Six People Dead In Massive Fire In London Residential Area
- Usain Bolt’s Emotional Jamaica Farewell: Four Things We Love About Him
- Africa’s Tallest Building Is Coming Soon To Nairobi
- Thieves On The Chest