REVEALED | How Billionaire Kidnapper ‘Evans’ evaded Police, How his wife is related to another Kingpin
More revelations are emerging on how Billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudi Dumeme Onuamadike aka Evans, was able to dodge the police dragnet for many years. The revelations indicated that ‘Evans’ had the penchant for using luxury phones, among which are two Slim Vertu phones and a Thuraya.
The first Vertu phone is said to worth N2.6 million, while the second is valued at N2.4 million. The Thuraya is also said to worth N800,000. According to the source, the Vertu and Thuraya phones made it impossible for the security agents to track him.
Thuraya in particular uses satellite services. Another police source said that investigators had traced additional 36 phone lines to Evans, after earlier narrowing down to 126.
Another suspect, Nwosu Chikodi Chukwuma aka Skudo, told investigators that Evans murdered Amaka’s husband and turned the woman to his mistress.
But when Evans was asked, he denied the allegation. Although he had four mistresses, Amaka, who already had children for her late husband, was the only mistress he calls on the dedicated phone line. Evans told police that the Thuraya phone was his preferred phone for usage during negotiations for ransom.
Detectives revealed that the phone is the type used by the leader of Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau and other terrorists to evade tracking and arrest. A police source: “The Thuraya phone can’t be tracked. It can get signal anywhere, either under the sea or in the jungle. It works with satellite and it doesn’t make use of SIM card.”
Investigations also revealed that the mother of Evans bolted to Bayelsa State after hearing about the arrest of her son. As police continue to dig out Evans’ criminal activities, they have discovered that his wife, also from Anambra State, is a sister to a kidnap kingpin, who had been killed. It was learnt that rocket launchers were found in the said kidnapper’s home while Anambra State government also demolished his building.
The officer in charge of the Inspector General of Police Special Response Team (IRT), Mr. Abba Kyari, who led in the hunt and arrest of Evans, said: “Evans almost got away with his crimes. No criminal has given me this kind of headache in my career.
Not even the case of Godogodo or Vampire. I hardly sleep. Even when I’m in the toilet, I would be analysing over 100 numbers, checking out those he had conversations with. What we have gathered is like a book now.
“But the case was a hard nut to crack until we found something interesting in one particular number. Out of the all the phone lines, it was the only number that he was using to communicate with family members in Nnewi. We followed up on that and he was nailed.”
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, before Evans’ arrest, had placed a N30 million bounty on him.
According to him, the bounty placement was made on behalf of the IG, Ibrahim Idris. “We are encouraging Nigerians to blow the whistle on this kidnapper. Whoever blows the whistle that will lead to his arrest will get a N30 million reward, as stated by the Inspector- General of Police, Ibrahim Idris,” the commissioner had said.
The Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), CSP Jimoh Moshood, denied knowledge of the bounty.
He asked: “Where did you see that? I’m not aware of that announcement.” Pressed further, the FPRO said: “You need to find out which IG did that. I’m not aware; it is not to my knowledge.” Vertu New Signature Touch, according to c/net is the latest luxury device from British brand Vertu.
The 5.2-inch phone, it states, separates itself from the pack with a whopping price tag, which starts at £6,500, about $10,000 or equivalent of about N3.7 million.
“The New Signature Touch makes use of luxury materials like Titanium in its body, it’s hand-wrapped in your choice of calf, lizard or alligator skin and its screen is made from a solid lump of super-strong 130-carat sapphire.
“It’s not just about the design either as this phone is well-stocked with tech. Inside you will find an octa-core processor, the display has a full HD resolution and there’s a 21-megapixel, 4K-capable camera too. Mix in Vertu’s included concierge service, which lets you summon a lackey to do your bidding, and you’ve got yourself one hell of a phone,” it adds.
Latest Nigeria News
- Scientists Are Working On A Device That Could Generate Electricity From Human Blood
- Check Out This Guide On What The Colour Of Your Urine Could Mean
- Roulette: History and Everything Else You Should Know
- 6 Things You Should Not Do During Your Period – Women’s Health
- Morocco To Test The ‘Fastest Train In Africa’
- Pixel Buds: Google Developed Earbuds That Translate 40 Languages In Real-Time
- Ntando Mahlangu: The 15-Year-Old Blade Runner Making South Africa Proud
- China’s Wicked New Way To Force Debtors To Pay Up
- Akon Lighting Africa Initiative: Singer Takes Power To Mozambique
- This Is How Contact Lenses Could Harm Your Eyesight
- Diwali: 5 Things You Should Know About The Indian Light Festival
- Black Or White: Who Should Exercise More?
- Remember Haile Selassie? Grandson Weds His Princess In A Lavish Ceremony [Photos]
- Baby Kicks: 7 Quick Facts You Didn’t Know
- Panama Papers Journalist Killed In Malta: 5 Answers To Questions You Have
- World Food Day: Preventing Food Waste In Your Own Home
- The Different Shades Of Joy: World Happiness Report 2017
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark