Well-meaning Nigerians have been called upon to come to the aid of a helpless mother detained at a hospital for not being able to offset her medical bills.
Mrs. Esther Jegede and her babies
A Nigerian woman who just gave birth to three set of triplets has cried out for help after being detained at the hospital for not being able to pay her N200,000 medical bill.
The woman identified as 31-year-old, Mrs Esther Jegede, according to Guardian is being held at the prenatal ward of Ayoradex Hospital, Mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos State.
Mrs Jegede gave birth to her set of triplets, two girls and a boy, on June 6th and have been detained at the hospital over unpaid medical bills. She gave birth through Cesarean section.
Father of the triplets, Rasheed Jegede, is a low-range furniture maker that cannot afford to pay the bill. He said prior to the triplets, they already had three children they were catering for.
The nursing mother has appealed to Nigerians to come to her aid. She says she is getting weaker by the day due to hunger as she struggles to breastfeed the triplet whenever they cry for food.
“My husband’s job does not provide enough food for the family. We are in dire need of financial assistance. This is why I am appealing to kindhearted Nigerians to come to our aid,” she said
Anyone that wishes to help can call the couple on 08039480815.
Latest Nigeria News
- 38 Years Later Angolans Go To The Polls To Finally Replace President Dos Santos
- Eva Echeverria: Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Linked To Ovarian Cancer
- President Buhari To Work From Home; Blames It On Rats
- Botswana Warns China Against Interfering In Its Decisions
- Former Libyan Prime Minister Kidnapped
- Ghana: First Lady Proposes 5 Months Maternity Leave For Women
- The Nokia 8 Is Coming Soon And It’s Bringing The Bothie to Replace Your Selfie
- Global Agenda: How To Play The Online Team-based Game
- Veronica Porsche Ali: All You Need To Know About Ali’s Third Ex-Wife
- 5 Misconceptions About Having A Hot Wife
- Sierra Leone: Mass Burial Service As Death Toll Increases To 500
- How The Mugabes Stole the Show Again At SADC
- USS John S. McCain: US Navy Ship Collides With Oil Tanker Near Singapore
- Serial Spain Terrorist Attacks Leave 13 Dead; Over 100 Injured
- Keo Motsepe: Get To Know This South African Dancer
- Proof Rapper: Eminem’s Best Friend, In Life And Death
- Adebayo Ogunlesi: Trump Fires His Nigerian Economic Adviser On Twitter
- Eskimi: How To Use This Social Network
- Benzoic Acid: Health Effects And All You Need To Know
- Kenya Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism Of Its Elements
- Senegalese Music: The Women And Men Dominating The Scene
- Jacaranda Tree: What You Need To Know About This Beauty
- How To Dab: Dance Origin And Why Everyone Is Doing It
- Make A Stressful Time Bearable By Doing These
- Nnedi Okoroafor Is Taking Lagos, Nigeria To The Comic World
- Anonymous Logo: What The Hactivists Want You To Know About Them
- Ethiopian Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism
- Using Poop To Cook In Kenya
- Mr Popo: Everything About The Strongest Character in Dragon Ball Z
- Sierra Leone: Over 300 People Killed In Mudslide
- Burkina Faso: Gunmen Attack Ouagadougou Restaurant, killing 18
- New Study: Top 5 Things That Can Give You Cancer
- Porous Definition, Meaning, Synonyms And Sentence Use
- Bitcoin Surge: All The Possible Reasons Why The Cryptocurrency Has Broken Past $4000
- Kenya Elects First Female Governors Amidst Post-election Tension
- New Study: Vitamin B3 Intake Could Prevent Miscarriages & Birth Defects
- How Tall Is Putin And Other Facts About The Russian President
- Time In Nigeria: The Concept Of Nigerian Time
- Election Time In Kenya: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Isaac Makwala: Runner Denied Entry To London Stadium And Africa Wants To Know Why