The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission today June 16,2017 arraigned a former United Bank For Africa(UBA) branch Manager, Florence Onome Odior and four others namely; Orion Sunday, (her husband) ,Patricia Jegede a.k.a Joe Nek Services, Joseph Alexander Esiso, Zackary Petroleum Nigeria Limited and Tegha and Associates Nigeria Limited before Justice Ohimai Ovbiagele of the federal high court sitting in Benin, Edo State.
They were arraigned on a 19 count charge bothering on Stealing, forgery, obtaining under false pretence,uttering and conspiracy to defraud contrary to section 467(2)(d) of the criminal code laws of Edo State of Nigeria, 2006.
The former bank manger while a branch manager in 2012 defrauded one Moses Obozokhae to the tune fifty million eight hunded and fourth thousand naira only using a forged and uttered document titled: United Bank for Africa Certificate of deposit with reference No TDO9990001445 dated 2nd August 2012 .
One of the charges reads: that you Florence Onome Odior sometimes in 2012 whilst being a branch manager in the employment of United Bank for Africa (UBA) in Benin, Edo State within the jurisdiction of this honourable court with intent to defraud did steal by converting to your personal use the sum of N 85,840,000,00( Eight Five Million Eight Hundred and Fourty thousand Naira Only) property of Moses Obozohae.
When the charges were read to them, they all pleaded not guilty.
Consequently the prosecution counsel, Mustapha Aliyu prayed the judge for an overturn of their administrative bail asking that they be remanded in prison custody as they have all jumped bail and asked for a shortets possible time for commencement of trial .
Counsel to the 1&2 Accused persons , C.J. Ekegwuba reminded the court that today was for plea taking and bail hearing
prosecution counsel responded that he had countered the bail application presented by his colleagues and had submitted same this morning.
C.J.Ekegwuba told the court that the offence her clients is charged for is not a capital offence and they have never had any criminal record adding that they have never jumped bail and needed medical attention now as 1st accused is sick moreover they have been on administrative bail hence the need to be considered.
Counsels to 3rd, 4th and 5th accused persons aligned their position with counsel to the 1&2 accused.
Prosecution counsel however told the court that he didn’t see any reason of them continuing with the administrative bail as they have jumped bail and can also be attended to at the Nigerian prison adding that in Nigerian prison, you are treated and even feed for free all at no cost.
After listening to all the counsels argument, justice Ohimai Ovbiagele adjoined to Thursday, June 24,2017 for ruling on continuation of bail and 12 and 13 July ,2017 for commencement of trial .
Latest Nigeria News
- Serial Spain Terrorist Attacks Leave 13 Dead; Over 100 Injured
- Keo Motsepe: Get To Know This South African Dancer
- Proof Rapper: Eminem’s Best Friend, In Life And Death
- Adebayo Ogunlesi: Trump Fires His Nigerian Economic Adviser On Twitter
- Eskimi: How To Use This Social Network
- Benzoic Acid: Health Effects And All You Need To Know
- Kenya Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism Of Its Elements
- Senegalese Music: The Women And Men Dominating The Scene
- Jacaranda Tree: What You Need To Know About This Beauty
- How To Dab: Dance Origin And Why Everyone Is Doing It
- Make A Stressful Time Bearable By Doing These
- Nnedi Okoroafor Is Taking Lagos, Nigeria To The Comic World
- Anonymous Logo: What The Hactivists Want You To Know About Them
- Ethiopian Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism
- Using Poop To Cook In Kenya
- Mr Popo: Everything About The Strongest Character in Dragon Ball Z
- Sierra Leone: Over 300 People Killed In Mudslide
- Burkina Faso: Gunmen Attack Ouagadougou Restaurant, killing 18
- New Study: Top 5 Things That Can Give You Cancer
- Porous Definition, Meaning, Synonyms And Sentence Use
- Bitcoin Surge: All The Possible Reasons Why The Cryptocurrency Has Broken Past $4000
- Kenya Elects First Female Governors Amidst Post-election Tension
- New Study: Vitamin B3 Intake Could Prevent Miscarriages & Birth Defects
- How Tall Is Putin And Other Facts About The Russian President
- Time In Nigeria: The Concept Of Nigerian Time
- Election Time In Kenya: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Isaac Makwala: Runner Denied Entry To London Stadium And Africa Wants To Know Why
- Kimlan Jinakul: Thaliland Grandma Achieves Her Academic Dream @ 91
- Facebook And Chill! Five Reasons We Are Excited That Facebook Is Going Into The TV Game
- Natalie Becker: The Rise Of The South African Actress
- The Real Cost Of An Electric Car
- Guam Threat: North Korea Aims To Strike The US Military Installation
- Zuma’s Latest No-Confidence Vote: The Real Winners And Losers
- Kenya Election Day: Opposition Says The Election Was Hacked In The President’s Favor
- Fasten Your Loan Request At Equity Bank Kenya With These Tips
- Hiroshima & Nagasaki: 6 Quick Facts About The Historical Tragedies
- Can Men Really Lactate?
- India: The Medical Dilemma Of A 10-Year Old Pregnant Rape Victim
- Popular Slogans You Should Get To Know In Kenya’s Elections
- Kenyan Elections: Barack Obama Warns Leaders Not To Compromise On Peace