A Chieftain of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Timi Frank has warned that if nothing is done urgently to resolve the ongoing disagreement between Minister of Transportation Chibuike Amaechi and the Senator representing Rivers South-east Senatorial District, Magnus Abe over 2019 governorship ambition the destruction of the state chapter may soon be in sight.
He also warned the concern parties to leave Senate President Bukola Saraki out of the crisis rocking the state chapter while amicable resolution of the main issue is given attention.
Timi Frank made the comments in a statement as a reaction to the widely reported sack of some loyalists to Senator Abe by the APC leader in the state Rotimi Ameachi over the former’s 2019 governorship ambition.
Frank, while calling on APC national leaders to urgently resolve the impasse, also warned on repeat of Kogi state experience in Rivers state.
“Our leaders need to be proactive in resolving some of these crises. What is happening in Kogi, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Kano and many other states today is as a result of lack of capacity by the APC National Working Committee (NWC) under Chief John Oyegun, which I have alway warned about.
“That of Kogi state has started claiming lives of people we will need their votestomorrow. Therefore, Rivers state should not join the league of crisis bedeviled APC state chapters when we urgently call the political gladiators involve to order.”
The APC chieftain said if the statement credited to the Transport Minister, calling Senate President “his enemy” was true, “the former Rivers state governor should not forget in a hurry how the same Senator Saraki cleared him to become Minister against all odds when he needed it most.”
Frank urged Ameachi who is the leader of APC in Rivers state to allow internal democracy to thrieve and follow due process if any of the caucus member is to be removed as alleged, saying, “the era of imposition is far gone.
“I believe that it is only God that can give power and not man, despite the power tussles. The imposition that has destroy other parties should not be allowed in APC, not only in Rivers but across the country, the popular candidate must be allowed to fly our flag if we are truly practicing democracy.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Showcase Synonyms – 20 Words That Can Be Used Instead
- Synonyms And Antonyms Of Spirit You Can Use Anytime
- Darwin’s Theory Ban: Turkey Disagrees With Man’s Evolution From Apes
- 4 Reasons FIFA Is Finding It Hard To Get Sponsors For The 2018 World Cup
- Nike To Release A New Performance Hijab For Muslim Female Athletes
- African Widowhood: Remembering The Plight Of Widows In Our Society
- The South African Human Lamb Story And Bestiality Concerns In Africa
- Meet The Four Beautiful Women That Won Beyonce’s ‘Formation’ Scholarship Program
- Kelechi Iheanacho: Chronicles Of The Manchester City Star
- Queens Of Africa: The Women Who Have Shaped Africa As Illustrated By Onyinye Iwu
- Dangling Children: 3 Times Parents Sent Wrong Signals To The World
- Grenfell Tower: Top 10 Lessons To Learn From The London Fire
- Jair Bolsonaro: Five Ways This Brazil’s Presidential Candidate Is Like Donald Trump
- Why You Should Trade On Tonaton And How To Sign Up For Free
- Bamako Resort Attack: Why Foreigners Are Constant Targets In Mali
- Vehicle-Ramming Attacks: Three Ways Terrorism Has Changed In Recent Times
- Beyonce’s Twins And Five Times The Superstar Was Nigerian Culture Goals
- Ethiopia: Archaeologists Have Just Discovered An Ancient Islamic City[Photos]
- 7 Important Things Your Dad May Need To Hear This Fathers Day
- 5 Things To Not Do On Fathers Day
- Egypt: Parents Who Give Their Children Western Names Could Face A Jail Term
- Abu Dhabi: Mosque Gets Renamed After Mary, The Mother Of Jesus
- Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi: Russia May Have Killed ISIS Boss
- Femi Aribisala: The Igbo Tribe Have Been A Great Credit To Nigeria
- Natasha Elcock: London Tower Inferno Survivor Shares Miraculous Escape
- Gift Ideas For Your Father Ahead Of Fathers Day
- China’s World Cup Ambitions: FIFA President Gianni Infantino Meets President Xi
- Man Mistaken For Former Ivory Coast President Beaten In France
- Ramadan: Tunisians Demand Freedom To Break Fast
- World Blood Donor Day: 5 Reasons To Donate Blood Anyday
- White-owned Ranches In Kenya To Be Dismantled If Raila Odinga Wins In August
- Middle East Crisis: Somalia Shuns Saudi’s $80M Gift With Strings Attached
- A KFC Sandwich Is Going To The Edge Of Space
- How To Get The Beyonce No Makeup Look- Top 10 Tips
- Six People Dead In Massive Fire In London Residential Area
- Usain Bolt’s Emotional Jamaica Farewell: Four Things We Love About Him
- Africa’s Tallest Building Is Coming Soon To Nairobi
- Highest Paid Entertainers In The World- Forbes 2017 Ranking
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''