A Chieftain of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Timi Frank has warned that if nothing is done urgently to resolve the ongoing disagreement between Minister of Transportation Chibuike Amaechi and the Senator representing Rivers South-east Senatorial District, Magnus Abe over 2019 governorship ambition the destruction of the state chapter may soon be in sight.
He also warned the concern parties to leave Senate President Bukola Saraki out of the crisis rocking the state chapter while amicable resolution of the main issue is given attention.
Timi Frank made the comments in a statement as a reaction to the widely reported sack of some loyalists to Senator Abe by the APC leader in the state Rotimi Ameachi over the former’s 2019 governorship ambition.
Frank, while calling on APC national leaders to urgently resolve the impasse, also warned on repeat of Kogi state experience in Rivers state.
“Our leaders need to be proactive in resolving some of these crises. What is happening in Kogi, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Kano and many other states today is as a result of lack of capacity by the APC National Working Committee (NWC) under Chief John Oyegun, which I have alway warned about.
“That of Kogi state has started claiming lives of people we will need their votestomorrow. Therefore, Rivers state should not join the league of crisis bedeviled APC state chapters when we urgently call the political gladiators involve to order.”
The APC chieftain said if the statement credited to the Transport Minister, calling Senate President “his enemy” was true, “the former Rivers state governor should not forget in a hurry how the same Senator Saraki cleared him to become Minister against all odds when he needed it most.”
Frank urged Ameachi who is the leader of APC in Rivers state to allow internal democracy to thrieve and follow due process if any of the caucus member is to be removed as alleged, saying, “the era of imposition is far gone.
“I believe that it is only God that can give power and not man, despite the power tussles. The imposition that has destroy other parties should not be allowed in APC, not only in Rivers but across the country, the popular candidate must be allowed to fly our flag if we are truly practicing democracy.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Scientists Are Working On A Device That Could Generate Electricity From Human Blood
- Check Out This Guide On What The Colour Of Your Urine Could Mean
- Roulette: History and Everything Else You Should Know
- 6 Things You Should Not Do During Your Period – Women’s Health
- Morocco To Test The ‘Fastest Train In Africa’
- Pixel Buds: Google Developed Earbuds That Translate 40 Languages In Real-Time
- Ntando Mahlangu: The 15-Year-Old Blade Runner Making South Africa Proud
- China’s Wicked New Way To Force Debtors To Pay Up
- Akon Lighting Africa Initiative: Singer Takes Power To Mozambique
- This Is How Contact Lenses Could Harm Your Eyesight
- Diwali: 5 Things You Should Know About The Indian Light Festival
- Black Or White: Who Should Exercise More?
- Remember Haile Selassie? Grandson Weds His Princess In A Lavish Ceremony [Photos]
- Baby Kicks: 7 Quick Facts You Didn’t Know
- Panama Papers Journalist Killed In Malta: 5 Answers To Questions You Have
- World Food Day: Preventing Food Waste In Your Own Home
- The Different Shades Of Joy: World Happiness Report 2017
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark