A Chieftain of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Timi Frank has warned that if nothing is done urgently to resolve the ongoing disagreement between Minister of Transportation Chibuike Amaechi and the Senator representing Rivers South-east Senatorial District, Magnus Abe over 2019 governorship ambition the destruction of the state chapter may soon be in sight.
He also warned the concern parties to leave Senate President Bukola Saraki out of the crisis rocking the state chapter while amicable resolution of the main issue is given attention.
Timi Frank made the comments in a statement as a reaction to the widely reported sack of some loyalists to Senator Abe by the APC leader in the state Rotimi Ameachi over the former’s 2019 governorship ambition.
Frank, while calling on APC national leaders to urgently resolve the impasse, also warned on repeat of Kogi state experience in Rivers state.
“Our leaders need to be proactive in resolving some of these crises. What is happening in Kogi, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Kano and many other states today is as a result of lack of capacity by the APC National Working Committee (NWC) under Chief John Oyegun, which I have alway warned about.
“That of Kogi state has started claiming lives of people we will need their votestomorrow. Therefore, Rivers state should not join the league of crisis bedeviled APC state chapters when we urgently call the political gladiators involve to order.”
The APC chieftain said if the statement credited to the Transport Minister, calling Senate President “his enemy” was true, “the former Rivers state governor should not forget in a hurry how the same Senator Saraki cleared him to become Minister against all odds when he needed it most.”
Frank urged Ameachi who is the leader of APC in Rivers state to allow internal democracy to thrieve and follow due process if any of the caucus member is to be removed as alleged, saying, “the era of imposition is far gone.
“I believe that it is only God that can give power and not man, despite the power tussles. The imposition that has destroy other parties should not be allowed in APC, not only in Rivers but across the country, the popular candidate must be allowed to fly our flag if we are truly practicing democracy.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Interesting Seriousness Quotes To Help You Succeed This Year
- Food Lovers Market: Everything You Need To Know
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me