The governor of Abia state, Okezie Ikpeazu has dissolved his cabinet.
The major cabinet checkup saw only two surviving commissions, those of Finance and Justice.
No reason was given for the sack of the commissioners, special advisers as well as senior special assistants and the SSG.
However, reasons may not be unconnected with the shallow performance of the commissioners who had earlier between May 28 and 29 presented their scorecards to the governor at a forum.
The dissolution was communicated by the Permanent Secretary Government House Umuahia, Sir Onyii Wammah via the official website of the government of the state.
The statement read: “Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has dissolved his cabinet including personal aides.
“All but 2 Commissioners affected. The surviving commissioners are: Finance and Justice.
“All Special Advisers and Senior Special Assistants dissolved.
“The Chief of Staff retains his position but the SSG is dissolved too.
‘Await further information.”
Similarly, the governor approved the appointments of three members of his cabinet, such as
1. Hon Eziuche Ubani Special Adviser, Works and Project Monitoring
2. Engr Emmanuel Nwabuko- Special Adviser/Personal Secretary to the Governor
3. Engr Solomon Ogunji- Special Adviser, Urban Renewal
According to Sir Onyii, “these appointments are with immediate effect”
Latest Nigeria News
- Serial Spain Terrorist Attacks Leave 13 Dead; Over 100 Injured
- Keo Motsepe: Get To Know This South African Dancer
- Proof Rapper: Eminem’s Best Friend, In Life And Death
- Adebayo Ogunlesi: Trump Fires His Nigerian Economic Adviser On Twitter
- Eskimi: How To Use This Social Network
- Benzoic Acid: Health Effects And All You Need To Know
- Kenya Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism Of Its Elements
- Senegalese Music: The Women And Men Dominating The Scene
- Jacaranda Tree: What You Need To Know About This Beauty
- How To Dab: Dance Origin And Why Everyone Is Doing It
- Make A Stressful Time Bearable By Doing These
- Nnedi Okoroafor Is Taking Lagos, Nigeria To The Comic World
- Anonymous Logo: What The Hactivists Want You To Know About Them
- Ethiopian Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism
- Using Poop To Cook In Kenya
- Mr Popo: Everything About The Strongest Character in Dragon Ball Z
- Sierra Leone: Over 300 People Killed In Mudslide
- Burkina Faso: Gunmen Attack Ouagadougou Restaurant, killing 18
- New Study: Top 5 Things That Can Give You Cancer
- Porous Definition, Meaning, Synonyms And Sentence Use
- Bitcoin Surge: All The Possible Reasons Why The Cryptocurrency Has Broken Past $4000
- Kenya Elects First Female Governors Amidst Post-election Tension
- New Study: Vitamin B3 Intake Could Prevent Miscarriages & Birth Defects
- How Tall Is Putin And Other Facts About The Russian President
- Time In Nigeria: The Concept Of Nigerian Time
- Election Time In Kenya: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Isaac Makwala: Runner Denied Entry To London Stadium And Africa Wants To Know Why
- Kimlan Jinakul: Thaliland Grandma Achieves Her Academic Dream @ 91
- Facebook And Chill! Five Reasons We Are Excited That Facebook Is Going Into The TV Game
- Natalie Becker: The Rise Of The South African Actress
- The Real Cost Of An Electric Car
- Guam Threat: North Korea Aims To Strike The US Military Installation
- Zuma’s Latest No-Confidence Vote: The Real Winners And Losers
- Kenya Election Day: Opposition Says The Election Was Hacked In The President’s Favor
- Fasten Your Loan Request At Equity Bank Kenya With These Tips
- Hiroshima & Nagasaki: 6 Quick Facts About The Historical Tragedies
- Can Men Really Lactate?
- India: The Medical Dilemma Of A 10-Year Old Pregnant Rape Victim
- Popular Slogans You Should Get To Know In Kenya’s Elections
- Kenyan Elections: Barack Obama Warns Leaders Not To Compromise On Peace