Kano state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has reversed the expulsion of suspended member of the house of representatives, Abdulmumin Jibrin.
The APC in a statement by its public relations officer in Kano, Yahaya Karaye on Saturday described the situation as “embarrassing”.
The party described Jibrin as a “strong”, and “essential” member of the party.
The party promised to deal with mischievous members behind the pronouncement, saying they lacked the authority to do so.
“We have received with absolute disappointment rumour of expulsion of Hon. Abdulmumin Jibrin Kofa, a strong pillar of our party, the APC in Kano and Nigeria as a whole. The unfounded report was said to have originated from a member of the party who clearly abused the party’s protocols in disseminating that wrong information to the public,” the statement read.
“The party wishes to state that neither the leader of the party in Kano, His Excellency, the executive Governor of Kano, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje nor the state chairman and state executive committee were consulted or endorsed such mischievous act.
“The party is appealing to the public to disregard that mischief as it sets out to penalize all the members involved in this dispiriting embarrassment and unnecessary confusion among members and in the media.
“APC does not and will never tolerate impersonation, abuse of office and wanton vindictiveness by a member who had no authority to make such grave pronouncement, especially at the time we are building a united force to deliver on our promises for the people of Nigeria.
“We wish to emphasize that Hon. Jibrin is an essential member of the APC, and his contributions and representations of our interests have never gone unrecognized.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill