Kano state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has reversed the expulsion of suspended member of the house of representatives, Abdulmumin Jibrin.
The APC in a statement by its public relations officer in Kano, Yahaya Karaye on Saturday described the situation as “embarrassing”.
The party described Jibrin as a “strong”, and “essential” member of the party.
The party promised to deal with mischievous members behind the pronouncement, saying they lacked the authority to do so.
“We have received with absolute disappointment rumour of expulsion of Hon. Abdulmumin Jibrin Kofa, a strong pillar of our party, the APC in Kano and Nigeria as a whole. The unfounded report was said to have originated from a member of the party who clearly abused the party’s protocols in disseminating that wrong information to the public,” the statement read.
“The party wishes to state that neither the leader of the party in Kano, His Excellency, the executive Governor of Kano, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje nor the state chairman and state executive committee were consulted or endorsed such mischievous act.
“The party is appealing to the public to disregard that mischief as it sets out to penalize all the members involved in this dispiriting embarrassment and unnecessary confusion among members and in the media.
“APC does not and will never tolerate impersonation, abuse of office and wanton vindictiveness by a member who had no authority to make such grave pronouncement, especially at the time we are building a united force to deliver on our promises for the people of Nigeria.
“We wish to emphasize that Hon. Jibrin is an essential member of the APC, and his contributions and representations of our interests have never gone unrecognized.”
Latest Nigeria News
- 38 Years Later Angolans Go To The Polls To Finally Replace President Dos Santos
- Eva Echeverria: Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Linked To Ovarian Cancer
- President Buhari To Work From Home; Blames It On Rats
- Botswana Warns China Against Interfering In Its Decisions
- Former Libyan Prime Minister Kidnapped
- Ghana: First Lady Proposes 5 Months Maternity Leave For Women
- The Nokia 8 Is Coming Soon And It’s Bringing The Bothie to Replace Your Selfie
- Global Agenda: How To Play The Online Team-based Game
- Veronica Porsche Ali: All You Need To Know About Ali’s Third Ex-Wife
- 5 Misconceptions About Having A Hot Wife
- Sierra Leone: Mass Burial Service As Death Toll Increases To 500
- How The Mugabes Stole the Show Again At SADC
- USS John S. McCain: US Navy Ship Collides With Oil Tanker Near Singapore
- Serial Spain Terrorist Attacks Leave 13 Dead; Over 100 Injured
- Keo Motsepe: Get To Know This South African Dancer
- Proof Rapper: Eminem’s Best Friend, In Life And Death
- Adebayo Ogunlesi: Trump Fires His Nigerian Economic Adviser On Twitter
- Eskimi: How To Use This Social Network
- Benzoic Acid: Health Effects And All You Need To Know
- Kenya Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism Of Its Elements
- Senegalese Music: The Women And Men Dominating The Scene
- Jacaranda Tree: What You Need To Know About This Beauty
- How To Dab: Dance Origin And Why Everyone Is Doing It
- Make A Stressful Time Bearable By Doing These
- Nnedi Okoroafor Is Taking Lagos, Nigeria To The Comic World
- Anonymous Logo: What The Hactivists Want You To Know About Them
- Ethiopian Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism
- Using Poop To Cook In Kenya
- Mr Popo: Everything About The Strongest Character in Dragon Ball Z
- Sierra Leone: Over 300 People Killed In Mudslide
- Burkina Faso: Gunmen Attack Ouagadougou Restaurant, killing 18
- New Study: Top 5 Things That Can Give You Cancer
- Porous Definition, Meaning, Synonyms And Sentence Use
- Bitcoin Surge: All The Possible Reasons Why The Cryptocurrency Has Broken Past $4000
- Kenya Elects First Female Governors Amidst Post-election Tension
- New Study: Vitamin B3 Intake Could Prevent Miscarriages & Birth Defects
- How Tall Is Putin And Other Facts About The Russian President
- Time In Nigeria: The Concept Of Nigerian Time
- Election Time In Kenya: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Isaac Makwala: Runner Denied Entry To London Stadium And Africa Wants To Know Why