A worker at Green World, a drug producing firm on Akinola Cole Estate, Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja, Lagos State, allegedly killed his Chinese boss, Alice Xu.
It was said that the suspect, 28-year-old Okechukwu Amos, a casual worker, sneaked into Xu’s apartment while she was asleep and covered her nose with a cloth until she suffocated.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the incident happened around 8pm on Friday at the firm, which the 26-year-old Chinese woman also used as a residence.
It was gathered that the suspect had complained that the boss usually harassed him, and decided to “deal with her” that day.
Not done, Amos reportedly ransacked the apartment and allegedly stole about N800,000 and $2,000, which belonged to the deceased.
To evade arrest at the estate gate, which is manned by private guards and two policemen, Amos disguised as a mentally-derailed person.
Luck, however, ran out on him.
A security guard, who spoke to PUNCH Metro on condition of anonymity, said the suspect almost escaped from the gate, but he unearthed his identity and alerted one of the policemen.
“I was at the security post around 9pm that day when I saw a man half-naked. He walked towards the gate bare-footed. He was holding a pair of slippers and carrying a load wrapped with a shirt on his head.
“I initially took the man for a mad person, but after a closer look, I discovered that he is Ikechukwu (Amos). I asked him what was wrong and why he was dressed like that. He said he was angry and that he was quitting his job at the the company. I asked if the person that brought him to the company was aware, he said no.
“I volunteered to call the person, but he refused. I requested to know the content of the bag with him, he was reluctant.
“That was when I became suspicious and called a policeman, who was at the gate with me. He interrogated him and forced him to open the bag. The bag contained a lot of cash. He led the policeman to the company, where we found the woman dead.”
The guard said Amos was handed over to the police at the MAN Centre division.
A police source said the suspect in his statement stated that he had endured frequent harassment by the woman and decided to punish her.
The source said,
“He was employed recently by the woman through somebody and he worked at the supply department. He alleged that the woman had been very insulting and disrespecting to him over a period of time.
“He gained access into her apartment when she had slept and tied her up. He covered her mouth and nose and the woman died because she could not breathe properly. He said he only wanted to punish her and didn’t mean to kill her. Sums of N800,000 and $2,000 belonging to the woman were recovered from him.”
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole, confirmed the incident, adding that the suspect had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?