The Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) has joined prominent Nigerians and groups to condemn the continued detention of the Chairman of Capital Oil and Gas Industries Limited, Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, by the Department of State Services (DSS).
The Union, therefore, called for his immediate release or prosecution by the secret police, if it had any case against him.
The latest call for his release comes from the Anambra State Council of the NUJ whose members urged the DSS to respect the rule of law and release the businessman as directed by a competent court.
NUJ in a press statement signed by its Chairman, Comrade Emmanuel Ifesinachi and
Secretary, Emma Udeagha, said that the continued detention of Ubah against the order of a competent court was no longer acceptable.
Also yesterday, some clerics led by a journalists-turned pastor, Theo Rays, offered special prayers for the immediate release of Ubah.
Ubah’s company has a commercial dispute with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), for which the DSS has detained over one month without trial.
Rays said he initiated the marathon prayers with other men of God to ask God to intervene in the case between the DSS and Ubah and facilitate its amicable resolution so that Ubah could go back to his businesses.
Latest Nigeria News
- Chioma Ajunwa: 5 Quick Facts About Nigeria’s Olympic Gold Medalist
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill