Two men who alleged killed their wives in different locations, Agege and Okota areas of Lagos State, are assisting the police in their investigations.
Police sources at the State Criminal Investigation Department, Alagbon, confirmed the two cases to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Lagos.
The sources, who pleaded anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to newsmen, said that a man (nameswitheld) allegedly beat his wife to death in Agege area.
According to sources, the Agege incident happened on July 4.
The sources also said that another man in Okota area, on July 30 beat his girlfriend to death.
NAN gathered from the sources that the suspect in Agege incident allegedly lied about the cause of his wife’s death.
He allegedly said that his wife died after taken a dose of sniper, a deadly substance used for killing rodents and insects.
Police told NAN that before the investigation team arrived at the scene, the suspect had allegedly told his children not to tell anyone about the cause of their mother’s death.
The sources said that the man told them to say that their mother took sniper to terminate her life prematurely.
“Unfortunately for him, his 13-year-old son, who witnessed what happened, told the police the truth.
“An autopsy also revealed that the victim was beaten to death,” the sources told NAN.
Similarly, in Okota case, sources at the State Criminal Investigation Department told NAN that a man who allegedly beaten his girlfriend to death, was being detained.
“On July 30, neighbours who heard them fighting made efforts to calm them, but found that the door to the apartment have been locked,’’ the source told NAN.
NAN gathered that the landlord of the building, who heard them fighting, became curious when he could no longer hear the lady crying.
“The landlord forced the door opened and found the deceased on the floor.
“The landlord reported the matter to the police and the suspect was promptly arrested.
“The two suspects would soon be charged to court,” the sources told NAN.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kenya Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism Of Its Elements
- Senegalese Music: The Women And Men Dominating The Scene
- Jacaranda Tree: What You Need To Know About This Beauty
- How To Dab: Dance Origin And Why Everyone Is Doing It
- Make A Stressful Time Bearable By Doing These
- Nnedi Okoroafor Is Taking Lagos, Nigeria To The Comic World
- Anonymous Logo: What The Hactivists Want You To Know About Them
- Ethiopian Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism
- Using Poop To Cook In Kenya
- Mr Popo: Everything About The Strongest Character in Dragon Ball Z
- Sierra Leone: Over 300 People Killed In Mudslide
- Burkina Faso: Gunmen Attack Ouagadougou Restaurant, killing 18
- New Study: Top 5 Things That Can Give You Cancer
- Porous Definition, Meaning, Synonyms And Sentence Use
- Bitcoin Surge: All The Possible Reasons Why The Cryptocurrency Has Broken Past $4000
- Kenya Elects First Female Governors Amidst Post-election Tension
- New Study: Vitamin B3 Intake Could Prevent Miscarriages & Birth Defects
- How Tall Is Putin And Other Facts About The Russian President
- Time In Nigeria: The Concept Of Nigerian Time
- Election Time In Kenya: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Isaac Makwala: Runner Denied Entry To London Stadium And Africa Wants To Know Why
- Kimlan Jinakul: Thaliland Grandma Achieves Her Academic Dream @ 91
- Facebook And Chill! Five Reasons We Are Excited That Facebook Is Going Into The TV Game
- Natalie Becker: The Rise Of The South African Actress
- The Real Cost Of An Electric Car
- Guam Threat: North Korea Aims To Strike The US Military Installation
- Zuma’s Latest No-Confidence Vote: The Real Winners And Losers
- Kenya Election Day: Opposition Says The Election Was Hacked In The President’s Favor
- Fasten Your Loan Request At Equity Bank Kenya With These Tips
- Hiroshima & Nagasaki: 6 Quick Facts About The Historical Tragedies
- Can Men Really Lactate?
- India: The Medical Dilemma Of A 10-Year Old Pregnant Rape Victim
- Popular Slogans You Should Get To Know In Kenya’s Elections
- Kenyan Elections: Barack Obama Warns Leaders Not To Compromise On Peace
- UN Sanctions: North Korea Out To Deal With The United States
- Definition, Meaning And Sentence Use Of Cowed
- Nigeria: Gang-related Feud Claims Lives In Ozubulu Church Gun Attack
- Paul Kagame’s Third Term: Four Things Rwandans Can Expect
- GhanaSat-1: Ghana’s First Satellite Now Orbiting The Earth
- Tumeric: What To Know About The Spice And Its Health Benefits