The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Super Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr, may have foreclosed the proposed plans to recall former captain, Vincent Enyeama, to the team, following his reported snobbish response to the efforts of the National Assembly to persuade him to return amidst the lingering goalkeeping crisis in the national team ahead of the 2018 World Cup and 2019 AFCON qualifiers.
Rohr had made several failed attempts to lure the former Eagles goalkeeper back to the team, since it was believed that he was forced out of the national team following a row between him and former coach, Sunday Oliseh.
But the chairman of Senate committee on sports, Senator Obinna Ogba told journalists yesterday in his office that the former Lille of France goalkeeper snubbed him and the Senate president, Bukola Saraki, in their efforts to plead with him to return to the national team.
Ogba, a former vice president of the NFF, who is currently representing Ebonyi Central Senatorial District at the red chambers, narrated how Enyeama cut off his phone on him and the senate President, when they approached him to return to the national team.
“I personally called Enyeama up to three or four times, I pleaded with him. It got to a stage that I got the senate president involved, I went to the Senate president’s office, put a call across to him for the Senate president to speak to him, when I told him that the Senate president wanted to speak to him, he cut off the line. Thereafter, I called him severally and he refused to pick again.
“I mean some of us played this game without getting a thank you. They, who have come to play with thank you and the money, should know that without Nigeria, how could they have come to stardom today? If Nigeria were not a football playing nation, nobody could have come to Enyimba to spot him. So, we should be enough patriotic. When it is obvious that you are still in the game, your mates are still in the team, why must you snub calls for you to be part of that team?
“We can all remember very well, when Rodger Milla of Cameroon came out of his retirement to join the Cameroon Indomitable Lions during the 1990 World Cup,”an angry Ogba noted.
Latest Nigeria News
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Nigeria Coat of Arm: Fast Facts About The Special Symbol
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?