The beneficiaries came under Boko Haram terrorists attack in 2 separate occasions, but were able to manoeuvre their way out of the ambush and engaged the terrorists, inflicting heavy casualties on them and also capturing their weapons, Improvised Explosive Devices, Gun trucks and logistics on 10th July 2017.
During his address to the troops of 21 Brigade in Bama, shortly after presenting the gallantry awards, the COAS described soldiering as a call to national service. He congratulated the troops for the successes achieved so far in the ongoing clearance operations against the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists. He urged them not to rest on their oars but conclude the fight against Boko Haram Terrorists and return back to barracks to continue with training and other routine duties.
Earlier, the COAS had a stop over at 202 Battalion location in Awulari along Bama Road, where he witnessed the test firing of an artillery weapons by 304 Artillery Regiment and thereafter proceeded to visit the Alau Dam along Konduga road. The COAS and his entourage joined the troops on patrol in gun boats stationed at the jetty.
He was accompanied on the visit by the Chief of Training and Operations at the Army Headquarters , Major General David Ahmadu, Theatre Commander, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, the Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brigadier General Ibrahim Manu Yusuf and other Principal Staff Officers and Directors from the Army Headquarters.
It would be recalled that the COAS has in compliance with the Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo’s directive to service chiefs since returned to the Theatre and has been touring various Army formations under Operation LAFIYA DOLE.
On Monday, 7th of August the COAS visited 25 Task Force Brigade, 7 Division Nigerian Army, in Damboa where he was received and briefed by the Brigade Commander, Brigadier General Quadri. This was on his way from Buni Yadi in Yobe State where he went to monitor and participate in the training of troops of Mobile Strike Teams that are due to be injected into Operation LAFIYA DOLE to enhance a more robust clearance operations against the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists in the North East.
Deputy Director Army Public Relations Headquarters 7 Division
Latest Nigeria News
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Nigeria Coat of Arm: Fast Facts About The Special Symbol
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?