The beneficiaries came under Boko Haram terrorists attack in 2 separate occasions, but were able to manoeuvre their way out of the ambush and engaged the terrorists, inflicting heavy casualties on them and also capturing their weapons, Improvised Explosive Devices, Gun trucks and logistics on 10th July 2017.
During his address to the troops of 21 Brigade in Bama, shortly after presenting the gallantry awards, the COAS described soldiering as a call to national service. He congratulated the troops for the successes achieved so far in the ongoing clearance operations against the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists. He urged them not to rest on their oars but conclude the fight against Boko Haram Terrorists and return back to barracks to continue with training and other routine duties.
Earlier, the COAS had a stop over at 202 Battalion location in Awulari along Bama Road, where he witnessed the test firing of an artillery weapons by 304 Artillery Regiment and thereafter proceeded to visit the Alau Dam along Konduga road. The COAS and his entourage joined the troops on patrol in gun boats stationed at the jetty.
He was accompanied on the visit by the Chief of Training and Operations at the Army Headquarters , Major General David Ahmadu, Theatre Commander, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, the Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brigadier General Ibrahim Manu Yusuf and other Principal Staff Officers and Directors from the Army Headquarters.
It would be recalled that the COAS has in compliance with the Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo’s directive to service chiefs since returned to the Theatre and has been touring various Army formations under Operation LAFIYA DOLE.
On Monday, 7th of August the COAS visited 25 Task Force Brigade, 7 Division Nigerian Army, in Damboa where he was received and briefed by the Brigade Commander, Brigadier General Quadri. This was on his way from Buni Yadi in Yobe State where he went to monitor and participate in the training of troops of Mobile Strike Teams that are due to be injected into Operation LAFIYA DOLE to enhance a more robust clearance operations against the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists in the North East.
Deputy Director Army Public Relations Headquarters 7 Division
Latest Nigeria News
- Morocco To Test The ‘Fastest Train In Africa’
- Pixel Buds: Google Developed Earbuds That Translate 40 Languages In Real-Time
- Ntando Mahlangu: The 15-Year-Old Blade Runner Making South Africa Proud
- China’s Wicked New Way To Force Debtors To Pay Up
- Akon Lighting Africa Initiative: Singer Takes Power To Mozambique
- This Is How Contact Lenses Could Harm Your Eyesight
- Diwali: 5 Things You Should Know About The Indian Light Festival
- Black Or White: Who Should Exercise More?
- Remember Haile Selassie? Grandson Weds His Princess In A Lavish Ceremony [Photos]
- Baby Kicks: 7 Quick Facts You Didn’t Know
- Panama Papers Journalist Killed In Malta: 5 Answers To Questions You Have
- World Food Day: Preventing Food Waste In Your Own Home
- The Different Shades Of Joy: World Happiness Report 2017
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark
- Five Quick Facts About Ghana’s Recent Gas Explosion
- Madagascar Plague: All You Need To Know
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''