A South Africa minister has apologized after being accused of beating up a woman called him gay. Deputy Education Minister Mduduzi Manana was at the Cubana nightclub near Johannesburg when the woman made the ‘accusation’.
Manana has said sorry for the ‘shameful incident’. He said while he was provoked, he ‘should have exercised restraint’. A police spokesperson has confirmed to Agence France-Presse they were investigating the incident, which took place at 3am on Sunday morning.
A tape recording leaked to the press is allegedly between the victim’s brother and Manana. In the tape, the person alleged to be the minister admits to slapping the victim when she called her gay.
However, a reporter who claims to have witnessed the assault said it was it was far more extreme. SABC journalist Lumko Jimlongo said the victim was attacked as she walked towards the exit. ‘She fell on the floor,’ Kimlongo said.
‘He proceeded to trample [her]…and his foot was on her head.’ The extent of the woman’s injuries are unknown. ‘That shameful incident should not have happened,’ says deputy minister
‘That shameful incident should not have happened,’ Manana said in a statement. ‘I know that my actions and those of the people in my company have disappointed and hurt many people in the country. As a leader‚ I should have known better and acted better.
‘I will subject myself fully to the process of the law and give it my full co-operation’. Manana addressed his apology ‘to the victim, her family… and all South Africans’ and explained he hoped he would be able to speak to her personally to ‘address the harm that has occurred’.
Latest Nigeria News
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Nigeria Coat of Arm: Fast Facts About The Special Symbol
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?