The leadership of the pan-Igbo group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has faulted the silence of most northern leaders over the hate song being spread against the Igbo in the North.
Except former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, who has openly condemned the anti-Igbo song being rendered in Hausa language, other northern leaders have kept mute on the issue.
In reaction to the ugly development on Thursday, Ohanaeze expressed worry over the silence of northern leaders on the hate song against Igbo, insisting their silence is unfortunate and omnious.
The apex Igbo body’s President-General, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, in a statement said: “The current Hausa-language hate song trending in the social media is despicable, sad and disappointing.
“Ohanaeze is appalled that prominent leaders in the North (with the exception of a few), have allowed this development to flourish without reproach. The Arewa youths have stoked the embers of hatred to a discomforting temperature. The toleration of their criminal conduct has portrayed the Federal Government as biased and unfair.
“Their (Arewa youths) quit notice to fellow Nigerians to leave any part of Nigeria strikes at the fundamental rights of citizenship.
It is a call for the dissolution of the country. Their call for an inventory and seizure of assets of Nigerians living in the North is conversion. It amounts to a day light robbery of lawful property.
“The declaration of mop-up action after October 1, 2017, to deal with those who resist their quit notice order is a declaration of war. It is surprising that on top of all these, a hate song calling for more hatred, despise and ‘abortion’ has been allowed to fester. Yet no one is arrested.
“All the orders of arrest from Kaduna State and the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) seem to be ambivalent and unreal. The youths meet freely with governors of Northern Nigeria and Northern leaders showing that they enjoy their support,” he stressed.
Nwodo pointed out that the development signals the beginning of a national catastrophe which if not nipped in the bud, will snowball into incalculable damage to the continued existence as one country.
“Ohanaeze gives notice to the Federal Government to deal with this situation decisively or forever be held responsible for the consequences this abdication of responsibility provoke. A stitch in time saves nine”, he emphasized.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kenya Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism Of Its Elements
- Senegalese Music: The Women And Men Dominating The Scene
- Jacaranda Tree: What You Need To Know About This Beauty
- How To Dab: Dance Origin And Why Everyone Is Doing It
- Make A Stressful Time Bearable By Doing These
- Nnedi Okoroafor Is Taking Lagos, Nigeria To The Comic World
- Anonymous Logo: What The Hactivists Want You To Know About Them
- Ethiopian Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism
- Using Poop To Cook In Kenya
- Mr Popo: Everything About The Strongest Character in Dragon Ball Z
- Sierra Leone: Over 300 People Killed In Mudslide
- Burkina Faso: Gunmen Attack Ouagadougou Restaurant, killing 18
- New Study: Top 5 Things That Can Give You Cancer
- Porous Definition, Meaning, Synonyms And Sentence Use
- Bitcoin Surge: All The Possible Reasons Why The Cryptocurrency Has Broken Past $4000
- Kenya Elects First Female Governors Amidst Post-election Tension
- New Study: Vitamin B3 Intake Could Prevent Miscarriages & Birth Defects
- How Tall Is Putin And Other Facts About The Russian President
- Time In Nigeria: The Concept Of Nigerian Time
- Election Time In Kenya: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Isaac Makwala: Runner Denied Entry To London Stadium And Africa Wants To Know Why
- Kimlan Jinakul: Thaliland Grandma Achieves Her Academic Dream @ 91
- Facebook And Chill! Five Reasons We Are Excited That Facebook Is Going Into The TV Game
- Natalie Becker: The Rise Of The South African Actress
- The Real Cost Of An Electric Car
- Guam Threat: North Korea Aims To Strike The US Military Installation
- Zuma’s Latest No-Confidence Vote: The Real Winners And Losers
- Kenya Election Day: Opposition Says The Election Was Hacked In The President’s Favor
- Fasten Your Loan Request At Equity Bank Kenya With These Tips
- Hiroshima & Nagasaki: 6 Quick Facts About The Historical Tragedies
- Can Men Really Lactate?
- India: The Medical Dilemma Of A 10-Year Old Pregnant Rape Victim
- Popular Slogans You Should Get To Know In Kenya’s Elections
- Kenyan Elections: Barack Obama Warns Leaders Not To Compromise On Peace
- UN Sanctions: North Korea Out To Deal With The United States
- Definition, Meaning And Sentence Use Of Cowed
- Nigeria: Gang-related Feud Claims Lives In Ozubulu Church Gun Attack
- Paul Kagame’s Third Term: Four Things Rwandans Can Expect
- GhanaSat-1: Ghana’s First Satellite Now Orbiting The Earth
- Tumeric: What To Know About The Spice And Its Health Benefits