The leadership of the pan-Igbo group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has faulted the silence of most northern leaders over the hate song being spread against the Igbo in the North.
Except former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, who has openly condemned the anti-Igbo song being rendered in Hausa language, other northern leaders have kept mute on the issue.
In reaction to the ugly development on Thursday, Ohanaeze expressed worry over the silence of northern leaders on the hate song against Igbo, insisting their silence is unfortunate and omnious.
The apex Igbo body’s President-General, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, in a statement said: “The current Hausa-language hate song trending in the social media is despicable, sad and disappointing.
“Ohanaeze is appalled that prominent leaders in the North (with the exception of a few), have allowed this development to flourish without reproach. The Arewa youths have stoked the embers of hatred to a discomforting temperature. The toleration of their criminal conduct has portrayed the Federal Government as biased and unfair.
“Their (Arewa youths) quit notice to fellow Nigerians to leave any part of Nigeria strikes at the fundamental rights of citizenship.
It is a call for the dissolution of the country. Their call for an inventory and seizure of assets of Nigerians living in the North is conversion. It amounts to a day light robbery of lawful property.
“The declaration of mop-up action after October 1, 2017, to deal with those who resist their quit notice order is a declaration of war. It is surprising that on top of all these, a hate song calling for more hatred, despise and ‘abortion’ has been allowed to fester. Yet no one is arrested.
“All the orders of arrest from Kaduna State and the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) seem to be ambivalent and unreal. The youths meet freely with governors of Northern Nigeria and Northern leaders showing that they enjoy their support,” he stressed.
Nwodo pointed out that the development signals the beginning of a national catastrophe which if not nipped in the bud, will snowball into incalculable damage to the continued existence as one country.
“Ohanaeze gives notice to the Federal Government to deal with this situation decisively or forever be held responsible for the consequences this abdication of responsibility provoke. A stitch in time saves nine”, he emphasized.
Latest Nigeria News
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Nigeria Coat of Arm: Fast Facts About The Special Symbol
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?