The Buhari Media Support Group (BMSG) says the loot reportedly traced to Diezani Alison-Madueke, former minister of petroleum resources, could build six world-class airports in the country.
In a statement issued on Thursday by Austin Braimoh and Cassidy Madueke, its chairman and secretary respectively, the group said the federal government could use part of the loot to build such airports in the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
While condemning the “psychotic and mindless” looting allegedly carried out by Alison-Madueke, it said the funds said to be stolen by her forced the country’s economy into “instant depression”.
BMSG also said the funds were enough to have funded agricultural projects for the benefit of the Nigerian youth.
On the N47.2 billion and 487.5 million dollars in cash and property the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said it traced to the former minister, the group said the monies are enough to complete the ongoing Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Calabar rail lines projects.
It, however, said the loot so far reported to be linked to her is a “far cry from what she and others in the past governments pilfered from the national treasury”.
It, therefore, urged Nigerians to join hands with the current administration in the anti-graft war.
Tony Orilade and Aisha Gambari, officials of the public affairs directorate of the EFCC, recently revealed in an article a breakdown of investigations tracking Alison-Madueke’s alleged loot.
A federal high court in Lagos, earlier this week, ordered the permanent forfeiture of a $37.5m sky-scrapper belonging to the former minister.
The order was followed by another from the court ordering the interim forfeiture of N7,646,700,000 linked to her.
Latest Nigeria News
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Nigeria Coat of Arm: Fast Facts About The Special Symbol
- Top 5 Onion Health Facts You Didn’t Know
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?