The 75th National Executive Committee (NEC) Meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has just ended at the National Secretariat of the Party, on Friday, August 11, 2017.
2. The Meeting was well attended and presided over by the National Chairman, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, CON, and has the former Senate President, Senator David Mark, GCON, former Senate President and former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Sen. Ayim Pius Ayim, Governor of Ekiti state and Chairman of PDP Governors Forum, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, Governor of Delta state and Chairman of the 2017 Special Non-Elective National Convention Planning Committee, Sen. Arthur I. Okowa, former Governor of Akwa Ibom state and Senate Minority Leader, Chief Godswill Akpabio and Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BOT), Sen. Walid Jubril in attendance.
3. Also in attendance are Governors of River state, Chief Nyesom Wike, Taraba state, Arc. Darius Ishaku, Gombe state, Dr. Ibrahim Hassan Dankwanbo, Deputy Governor of Bayelsa state, Rear Admiral, John Jonah, Deputy Governor of Cross River state, Professor Ivara Esu, Deputy Governor of Ebonyi state, Dr. Eric Kelechi Igwe, National Vice Chairmen, State Chairmen, Party stalwarts and other leaders of the PDP nationwide.
4. The Chairman of the PDP, Sen. Makarfi, after his opening remark, thanked members of the party for the overwhelming attendance in just a short notice and called on the Chairman of the 2017 Non-Elective Special National Convention Planning Committee, Sen. Arthur I. Okowa to give report on the preparation so far for the Convention.
5. Senator Okowa briefed NEC and declared that all is set for a successful Special Non-Elective National Convention on Saturday, August 12, 2017, in Eagle Square, Abuja by 10Am.
6. NEC deliberated on the issues of parallel Congresses in some states of the federation and resolved that all matters relating to such states should be referred to the Convention for final decision.
7. NEC also received a Memo on issues concerning some states in the South West, especially in Osun, Lagos and Ogun and resolved that the matter be taken to the National Convention for ratification. The motion was moved and adopted.
8. In line with the above, NEC unanimously affirmed that the dissolution of Anambra state and the setting up of the State Caretaker Committee and all existing recognized states and zonal excos be referred to the Special Non Elective National Convention for affirmation.
9. Finally, NEC proposed a four months extension for the National Caretaker Committee (NCC), in order to allow time to prepare and conduct an elective National Convention to elect new officers for the PDP.
10. The 75th NEC Meeting was adjourned and the meeting ended by 9:30Pm
Latest Nigeria News
- World Food Day: Preventing Food Waste In Your Own Home
- The Different Shades Of Joy: World Happiness Report 2017
- The Pope Speaks Up About Hunger: 15 Must Know Facts About The Versatile Pope
- Night Owls And Early Birds: Everything You Need To Know
- Thomas Sankara: 7 Quick Facts About Burkina Faso’s Unforgettable Leader
- Zim’s New Minister Of Whatsapp: All You Need To Know
- Che Guevara Quotes: Fiery Words Of A Great Revolutionary
- 10 African Women The Girl Child Can Look Up To
- Intelligent Behaviour: 6 Things That Show Your Intelligence
- This Chinese Museum Compared Africans To Animals With A Picture Exhibit
- Ava-Rose Nightingale: The Baby Born With Her Intestines Outside The Abdomen
- International Day Of The Girl Child: 5 Victories For The Girl Child In 2017
- Top 6 Reasons Why Radio Remains Africa’s Best Media Tool
- Nutrition: Top 5 Reasons Why Eating Eggs Is Good For You
- Tobi Cohen: Nigerian Woman Makes Record In Israeli Defense Forces
- A Complete Guide to Giving the Best Anniversary Gift that Will be Appreciated
- Raila Odinga Pulls Out Of Kenya’s Re-run Election
- This Is Why Women Tend To Be More Generous Than Men
- Human Waste As The Fuel Of The Future: Two Possibilities
- World Mental Health Day: Searching For Peace In The Rubble
- Kofi Annan Quotes: Words Of A Progressive African Leader
- Trevor Noah Is Now An Award Winning Author, 10 Of His Best Quotes
- Kim Yo-jong: Sister of North Korea’s Leader Gets A Promotion, Five Fast Facts
- Top 10 Interesting Handshake Facts You Need To Know
- Racism: 3 Times Dove Commercials Missed The Mark
- Five Quick Facts About Ghana’s Recent Gas Explosion
- Madagascar Plague: All You Need To Know
- The Honeymoon Tradition: 5 Historical Facts You Did Not Know
- 2017 Nobel Peace Prize: Japanese Kazuo Ishiguro Beats Ngugi Wa Thiong’o
- Random Acts Of Kindness Quotes : Lessons From Las Vegas Tragedy
- Harvard In Trouble With US Government For Diversity Record
- Sleeping Tricks: 5 Things To Try When You Cannot Sleep
- Monkeypox: Quick Facts About The Latest Deadly Virus In West Africa
- International Teachers Day: Remembering The World’s Most Unnoticed Instructors
- Dr Vuyane Mhlomi: The Power Of Determination And Hardwork
- The Blade Runner Killer: Family Protests Film Being Made About Oscar Pistorius
- Obamas 25th Anniversary: The Love Story Behind The International Power Couple
- Magufuli’s Salary: The Bulldozer Earns A Third Of Predecessor’s Earning
- The 5 African Athletes Nominated For The 2017 World Athlete Of The Year Award
- Vhutshilo Netshituni: Everything You Need To Know About SA’s First Black Paediatric Oncologist