The 75th National Executive Committee (NEC) Meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has just ended at the National Secretariat of the Party, on Friday, August 11, 2017.
2. The Meeting was well attended and presided over by the National Chairman, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, CON, and has the former Senate President, Senator David Mark, GCON, former Senate President and former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Sen. Ayim Pius Ayim, Governor of Ekiti state and Chairman of PDP Governors Forum, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, Governor of Delta state and Chairman of the 2017 Special Non-Elective National Convention Planning Committee, Sen. Arthur I. Okowa, former Governor of Akwa Ibom state and Senate Minority Leader, Chief Godswill Akpabio and Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BOT), Sen. Walid Jubril in attendance.
3. Also in attendance are Governors of River state, Chief Nyesom Wike, Taraba state, Arc. Darius Ishaku, Gombe state, Dr. Ibrahim Hassan Dankwanbo, Deputy Governor of Bayelsa state, Rear Admiral, John Jonah, Deputy Governor of Cross River state, Professor Ivara Esu, Deputy Governor of Ebonyi state, Dr. Eric Kelechi Igwe, National Vice Chairmen, State Chairmen, Party stalwarts and other leaders of the PDP nationwide.
4. The Chairman of the PDP, Sen. Makarfi, after his opening remark, thanked members of the party for the overwhelming attendance in just a short notice and called on the Chairman of the 2017 Non-Elective Special National Convention Planning Committee, Sen. Arthur I. Okowa to give report on the preparation so far for the Convention.
5. Senator Okowa briefed NEC and declared that all is set for a successful Special Non-Elective National Convention on Saturday, August 12, 2017, in Eagle Square, Abuja by 10Am.
6. NEC deliberated on the issues of parallel Congresses in some states of the federation and resolved that all matters relating to such states should be referred to the Convention for final decision.
7. NEC also received a Memo on issues concerning some states in the South West, especially in Osun, Lagos and Ogun and resolved that the matter be taken to the National Convention for ratification. The motion was moved and adopted.
8. In line with the above, NEC unanimously affirmed that the dissolution of Anambra state and the setting up of the State Caretaker Committee and all existing recognized states and zonal excos be referred to the Special Non Elective National Convention for affirmation.
9. Finally, NEC proposed a four months extension for the National Caretaker Committee (NCC), in order to allow time to prepare and conduct an elective National Convention to elect new officers for the PDP.
10. The 75th NEC Meeting was adjourned and the meeting ended by 9:30Pm
Latest Nigeria News
- Kenya Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism Of Its Elements
- Senegalese Music: The Women And Men Dominating The Scene
- Jacaranda Tree: What You Need To Know About This Beauty
- How To Dab: Dance Origin And Why Everyone Is Doing It
- Make A Stressful Time Bearable By Doing These
- Nnedi Okoroafor Is Taking Lagos, Nigeria To The Comic World
- Anonymous Logo: What The Hactivists Want You To Know About Them
- Ethiopian Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism
- Using Poop To Cook In Kenya
- Mr Popo: Everything About The Strongest Character in Dragon Ball Z
- Sierra Leone: Over 300 People Killed In Mudslide
- Burkina Faso: Gunmen Attack Ouagadougou Restaurant, killing 18
- New Study: Top 5 Things That Can Give You Cancer
- Porous Definition, Meaning, Synonyms And Sentence Use
- Bitcoin Surge: All The Possible Reasons Why The Cryptocurrency Has Broken Past $4000
- Kenya Elects First Female Governors Amidst Post-election Tension
- New Study: Vitamin B3 Intake Could Prevent Miscarriages & Birth Defects
- How Tall Is Putin And Other Facts About The Russian President
- Time In Nigeria: The Concept Of Nigerian Time
- Election Time In Kenya: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Isaac Makwala: Runner Denied Entry To London Stadium And Africa Wants To Know Why
- Kimlan Jinakul: Thaliland Grandma Achieves Her Academic Dream @ 91
- Facebook And Chill! Five Reasons We Are Excited That Facebook Is Going Into The TV Game
- Natalie Becker: The Rise Of The South African Actress
- The Real Cost Of An Electric Car
- Guam Threat: North Korea Aims To Strike The US Military Installation
- Zuma’s Latest No-Confidence Vote: The Real Winners And Losers
- Kenya Election Day: Opposition Says The Election Was Hacked In The President’s Favor
- Fasten Your Loan Request At Equity Bank Kenya With These Tips
- Hiroshima & Nagasaki: 6 Quick Facts About The Historical Tragedies
- Can Men Really Lactate?
- India: The Medical Dilemma Of A 10-Year Old Pregnant Rape Victim
- Popular Slogans You Should Get To Know In Kenya’s Elections
- Kenyan Elections: Barack Obama Warns Leaders Not To Compromise On Peace
- UN Sanctions: North Korea Out To Deal With The United States
- Definition, Meaning And Sentence Use Of Cowed
- Nigeria: Gang-related Feud Claims Lives In Ozubulu Church Gun Attack
- Paul Kagame’s Third Term: Four Things Rwandans Can Expect
- GhanaSat-1: Ghana’s First Satellite Now Orbiting The Earth
- Tumeric: What To Know About The Spice And Its Health Benefits