GENTLEMEN OF THE PRESS:
I am delighted to have you again today among other things to share with you the litany of achievements recorded by the Command between 1st of July till date. Like I have always said in my successive Briefings, the Command has zero tolerance for crime and criminality and we are prepared to go the whole hug to achieve this goal. We have expressed strong commitment and unwavering resolve to deal with all criminal elements in the State. And by the special Grace of God the battle against them must be won and sustained.
1 KIDNAPPING: In the area of kidnapping, the Command declared an aggressive war against kidnappers which results are shown below;
(a) The Anti-kidnapping Unit of the Command arrested one Sunday Jackson m who on 17/11/2016 kidnapped one Eke Ikechukwu and dispossessed him of his Toyota Camry and other valuables. Suspect has confessed to several kidnapping operations carried out by his gang at Bori, Eleme and Akpajo areas of the State. Items recovered from them include; one locally made revolver Pistol and a passat salon car. He is helping the Police and will be due in court soonest.
(b) Also the Command’s Anti-kidnapping Unit rescued one Favour Udochukwu f 35yrs and arrested Lucky Orji and Innocent Chigozie, who confessed to the crime and are making further useful statements. Efforts are on to arrest members of his gang.
(c) The Anti-kidnapping Unit arrested one Emmanuel Iyekine m alias Boyoyo, who was arrested from their hideout. He confessed to the kidnap of a medical Doctor at Degema Community. He is making useful statements that will aid the arrest of his confederates in crime.
(d) Further on kidnapping, the Men of the Anti-kidnapping Unit on 22/7/17 at about 2200hrs at kpite Tai, arrested one Godspower Nwae m and recovered one locally made Pistol. He is among those terrorizing the Ogoni axis. Efforts are on to burst their criminal gang.
(e) The Anti-kidnapping Unit on a Tip-off arrested one David John alias Tito boy, who confessed to the Kidnap of a Civil Commissioner in the State and the kidnap of a Traditional Ruler at Okporo Mini, one locally made Pistol and Pump Action were recovered from him. Efforts have been intensified to round them up.
(f) On 7/7/17 at about 0910hrs the Anti Kidnapping Unit stormed a camp at Ipo Bush in Ikwerre LGA where two kidnapped victims were kept, namely Susan Uka f and Chisom Sunday f who were kidnapped on the 2/7/17 along Elele/Owerri Road. On sighting the Police the hoodlums opened fire but were repelled, resulting in the rescue of the victims. Efforts are on to arrest and recover their operational weapons.
(g) Again the Anti-kidnapping Unit stormed Agbonchia in Eleme Local Government Area, where six kidnapped victims were held hostage. The victims were rescued in a covert Operation, none of them sustained injury. They were rescued unhurt and released to their families after being debriefed.
(i) On 8/7/17 at about 2310hrs Men of the Ozuaba Police Station arrested Christian Joseph alias Tupac m, Sunday Okehi m, they are alleged to be among the five Man gang that kidnapped one Fortune Etuke 7yrs son of one Christian Etuke. Barring all odds the father of the boy was able to identify one of the kidnappers and through the confessions of the two suspects, the victim was rescued and has reunited with his parents.
(j) On 1/8/17 at about 0300hrs Men of the Anti Kidnapping Unit arrested the following suspects, namely;
(1) Mark Lazarus m 26yrs
(2) Kalu Okechukwu m 17yrs
(3) Friday Grant m 27yrs
(4) Emmanuel Okezie m 28yrs
(5) Precious Luke m 28yrs
(6) Chika Njoku m 29yrs
They are alleged to have kidnapped a 5yrs old boy at Oyigbo and also responsible for the abduction one Kelechi Chinonye f at Oyigbo.
They have made useful statements and are helping the Police in Investigation and will be charged to court as soon as Investigation is concluded.
(2) CULTISM: Obviously in recent time, the Command has been bedeviled by cult activities and cult related killings. To tackle this hydra-headed monster, I massively deployed my Men and materials and charged them to mount serious man hunt for them and I can proudly tell you that we have made significant achievements as shown below;
(1) Elechi Owhonda m
(2) Chibuike Okpara m
(3) Frank Otonah m
(4) Okedi Ogbugo m
(5) Ndubuisi Ajim m
(6) Martins Atlanta Chibuike m
(7) Ibifubara George m
(8 Holyghostman Redzo m
(9) Collins Peter m
(10) Chidi Ebueri m
(11) Samuel Igure m
(12) Victor Famar m
(13) Chimeka Ogbu m
(14) Boma Horsfall m
(15) Abraham Akpan m
(16) Samuel Markson m
(17) Anyele Osa m
(18) Markus Amadi m
(19) Godspower Wona m
(20) Royal Okedi m
(21) Nworgu Michael m
(22) Dinney Chinton m
(23) Omoaruna edimon m
(24) Ibinabo barango m
(25) Joseph Nwabueze m
(26) Princewill Jumbo m
(27) Elvis Elikee m
(28) Henry Alison m
(29) Gideon Nweke m
(30) Destiny Ugo Oyigbo m
The above listed cultists were arrested from different parts of the State. They are members of the two notorious cult groups namely Icelander and Greenlander cult groups who have been locked in a war of supremacy resulting in series of reprisal attacks. They have made useful confessions on their operations leading to the killings and beheading of their victims in Ikwerre /Emohua LGAs. Chidi Egbueri and Samuel Igiri both confessed to belonging to Icelander group that attacked their rival deygbam at Omudioga where four persons were killed and beheaded. They took the Police to a forest where they buried their heads. The heads have been exhumed. Investigation is ongoing. Also Okedi Ogbugo m, and Ndubuisi Ayim m were arrested on a tip off and on interrogation confessed to the killing of Barr. Samuel Ikonwa who was matcheted and killed by their group led by one Chibuzor Okemene who is still at large. All the suspects are currently cooling their heels with the Police and will be due in court soonest.
(3) ARMED ROBBERY: On 3/7/17 at about 0615 hrs combined Teams of SARS Operatives and other Units, at Elekahia foiled a robbery attack and arrested two suspects. Namely; (1) Lazua Rueben m 29yrs (2) Ugochukwu Obi m 24yrs. They are arrested and the following exhibits recovered from them; one locally made Pistol and Ten Thousand Naira.
(b) On 10/7/17 at about 1220hrs Operatives of SARS acting on credible Intelligence arrested one Oluwatobi Yusuf Bankole m who confessed to have stolen the vehicle found with him from one madam Bukola Osusaya from Lagos State. The said car has been recovered. One black Toyota Camry Spider with Reg. No KK 660 SMK. He is helping the Police in Investigation.
(c) On 15/7/17 at about 1640hrs SARS Operatives acting on Intelligence arrested one Omerije Friday m of Egbeda Community who impersonated Inspector Dan as exhibit keeper attached to SARS and obtained the Sum of One Million Five Hundred Thousand Naira N 1.5M from one Frank Ehurnibe under the pretence of auctioning a Toyota Highlander Jeep and a Camry. He is helping the Police in Investigation and will be due in court soonest.
(d) On 16/7/17 at about 2016hrs combined teams of SARS Operatives and JTF attached to Omoku while on Patrol intercepted and arrested;
(1) Prince Obot m 41yrs
(2) Friday Udoh m 36yrs
They were arrested at the Onita creek Ndoni in Ogba/Egbema Ndoni LGA and the following exhibits recovered from them; One SMG Riffle, One locally made Pistol, One locally made Cut-to-size gun, welding nozzles, Seventeen (17) assorted Sim cards, Eight mobile phones.
The suspects are helping us and will be charged to court as soon as Investigation is concluded.
(e) On 17/7/17 at about 0800hrs Operatives of the Special Anti Robbery Squad while responding to a distress call along pipeline Rumuagbada Port Harcourt arrested one Michael Asu m 24yrs a native of Ohazara in Ebonyi State. Exhibits recovered from him include;
(1) 73 pieces of one Thousand Naira Counterfeit notes
(2) 2 pieces of Five Hundred Naira Counterfeit notes.
Investigation revealed that he is a member of a syndicate that specializes in printing and circulating fake currency notes.
He is helping the Police and will be charged to court soonest.
(f) On 19/7/17 at about 0130hrs combined Teams of SARS and Elelenwo Division acting on a tip off arrested;
(1) Ezekiel Akpan m 28yrs
(2) Chiamotu Ogbonna m 28yrs
(3) Haruna Alansa m 30yrs. They were arrested after they had perfected plans to launch an attack.
Exhibits recovered from them include; (1) two locally made revolver Pistol, (2) Twelve (12) rounds of .9mm live Ammunitions. Efforts are on to burst the criminal gang and bring them to justice.
(g) On 24/7/17 at about 1200hrs in a joint Operation by the Command Tactical Units, the following armed robbers were arrested,
(1) Woome Terani m 25yrs
(2) Oruam Ogonmadi m 22yrs
(3) Chimezie David m
(4) Barieebe Moses m
They were arrested and the following items recovered from them. (1) Two locally made cut-to-size double barrel guns (2) two locally made Pistol (3) eight live cartridges.
Investigation is ongoing and will be charged to court as soon as possible.
(h) On 28/7/17 at about 1820hrs SARS Operatives on routine Patrol at Ogba Egbema/Ndoni LGA arrested Gift Idongesit Johnson f from Akwa Ibom State. She was arrested in possession of Three Hundred and Forty Two (342) rounds of 7.62mm live Ammunition concealed in three different shoes which she was going to supply to Militants and kidnappers.
(i) On 28/7/17 at about 1430hrs Operatives of SARS acting on a credible Intelligence arrested a gang of suspected robbers who on interrogation confessed to be a syndicate of 419ers also known as one chance.
(1) Patrick Ukatu m 46yrs
(2) Victor John m 41yrs
(3) Mike Eze m 26yrs
(4) Sunday Onuoha m 42yrs
(5) Udo Eze m 40yrs
(6) Christiana Ukatu f 32yrs
They have made useful statements and will be arraigned in court any time soon.
(4) ARREST OF SUSPECTED SEA PIRATES/KIDNAPPERS AND RECOVERY OF ARMS: On 28/7/17 at about 1000hrs in a combined Operation by CP’s Crack Squad and Men of the Marine Police intercepted and arrested a gang of Sea pirates who are alleged to have carried out several high profile hijack and kidnapping cases on the waterways. They were arrested in a convert Operation and have been identified by persons and relations of people they murdered, kidnapped and robbed.
(1) Noble Ngiagia m
(2) Ibinatem Agbani Lawson m
(3) Samuel Monime Princewill m
Some of the Operations said to have been carried out by these deadly gang are as follows;
(i) The attack on Marine Police on the 23rd June, 2016, 3rd September 2016 and 18th November 2016 respectively that led to the killing of Four Policemen attached to the Marine Police.
(ii) The attack on Marine Police and the carting away of the following arms and Ammunition; two AK 47 rifles with One Hundred and Twenty (120) rounds of live Ammunitions, one Assault rifle with Forty (40) rounds of live Ammunitions, two GL with Eleven (11) rounds, two GPMG with One Thousand (1000) rounds of live Ammunition, double 85hp Yamaha engine, two GL with Twelve (12) rounds of explosive, one AK47 rifles with Fifty Six (56) rounds of live Ammunition, LMG with Eighty (80) rounds, two GPMG with Five Hundred (500) rounds of live Ammunition and double 200hp Yamaha engine, four Assault rifles with Two Hundred and Nineteen (219) rounds of live Ammunition 5.56mm, two GPMG with One Thousand (1000) rounds of live Ammunition 7.62mm and 150hp Yamaha engine.
(iv) The killing of one Ofingite Amachree in Buguma, whose Corpse was burnt by the gang.
Exhibits recovered from them include; one English made Barreta, wraps of some weeds suspected to be Indian hemp, large quantities of drugs suspected to be Cocaine.
SUMMARY OF ACHIEVEMENTS
1 . No. of Suspected Cultists Arrested -30
2 . No. of Suspected Kidnappers Arrested -18
3 . No. of Suspected Armed Robbers Arrested – 22
4 . No. of Suspected cultists Prosecuted -12
5 . No. of Suspected Kidnappers Prosecuted -8
6 . No. of Suspected Armed Robbers Prosecuted -9
7 . No. of armed Robbery foiled -5
8 . No. of Kidnapping foiled -4
9 . No. of Kidnapped victims rescued -11
10 . No. of fatalities recorded -6
11 . No. of Arms recovered -27
12 . No. of AK47 recovered -2
13 . No. of locally made pistol recovered
14 . No. of Pump Action recovered
15 . No. of Single Barrel gun recovered
16 . No. of Double Barrel gun recovered
17 . No. of Cartridges recovered -40
18 . No. of live Ammunition recovered-519
19 . No. Magazine recovered -10
20 . No. of Vehicles recovered -5
21 . Large quantities of Indian Hemp and other drugs
22 . No. of Machetes recovered -1
23 . Assorted Charms/Amulets
24 . Assorted GSM handsets -12
25 . Assorted Laptops and other Electronics
Total No. of Suspects Arrested-70
Once again, on behalf of the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim K. Idris NPM mni, I want to thank you for coming. I will continue to call you to share our success stories. As a Command we are not relenting in fighting these criminals. We have put in place adequate crime control measures which are already yielding good results. We are continually and regularly raiding all perceived criminal hideouts in the State. We have also increased motorized Patrols of the East West Road and other flash points. There are many more things we are doing to Police the Command. I sincerely seek your collaboration and partnership as together we shall win the war against these criminal elements in the State.
CP ZAKI .M. AHMED
COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
RIVERS STATE POLICE COMMAND,
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?