Ahmed Makarfi, caretaker committee chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says Nigerians will have enough cash in their pockets after “working hard to sack” the All Progressives Congress in 2019.
Makarfi said this on Saturday at the party’s non-elective national convention in Abuja.
He said Nigerians have faced “so much hunger and sufferings” under the current APC-led administration, adding that they are now longing for the return of the party.
In another Development, Governor of Ekiti state and Chairman of PDP Governors Forum, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has officially unveiled his presidential ambition at the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s National Convention currently taking place at the Eagles Square, Abuja.
Govenor Fayose who arrived the arena wearing his 2019 presidential campaign shirt and cap equally had his entourage carrying his 2019 presidential campaign posters while the crowd gave him a roaring welcome.
Governor Fayose in 2019 Presidential campaign shirt and cap at PDP’s National Convention in Abuja Recall that Governor Fayose had in June this year said that he would take presidential powers out of President Muhammadu Buhari’s hand to become Nigeria’s next president by contesting the 2019 presidential elections.
In the statement, Fayose who spoke at a meeting with political office holders at the Government’s House, Ado Ekiti, where he also inspected Osoko Political Institute Centre, had also said that ““I have penchant for taking powers; that one in Buhari’s hand. I will take it. I’m going straight to that villa. I’m the next president. “I want to be the next president of Nigeria. My own won’t be this change that has brought nothing, we are going to represent the people well and tell them the truth.”
Recall also that Fayose had earlier set his words to action in July when a Facebook page claimed to be one of his displayed his 2019 presidential campaign banner with the inscription, “Fayose for president 2019,”and a sub-slogan that read, “Strong, Reliable and Rugged.”
The banner had Fayose’s pictorial drawing, with a pair of glasses to match and a friendly smile. It also had its major slogan reading, “Together, we can make Nigeria work again.” However, today’s public unveiling at the PDP’s national convention has further removed any doubt as to whether Oshokomole, as he is fondly called, will wrestle presidential power with President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.
Latest Nigeria News
- Tom Anderson: Fast Facts And Net Worth Of Myspace Founder
- Top 5 Christmas Movies Of All Times And Their Synopsis
- Top 10 Countries Where Women Are In Short Supply
- MMM For Money Money Money: All The Lessons We Should Have Learnt
- Google Play’s Best Of 2017: What Ruled This Year?
- Stop Libyan Slave Trade: Five Ideas On Halting The Sale Of Africans
- Funny Christmas Quotes To Keep You Company For The Next 30 Days
- This Is How Giving Makes You Rich- Quotes & Facts
- Margaret Kenyatta: Everything You Need To Know About Kenya’s First Lady
- Danish Government Apology: Healing The Wounds Of Ghana Slave Trade
- Katie Pavlich Measurements, Married, Husband, Bio, Height, Instagram
- Nigeria Coat of Arm: Fast Facts About The Special Symbol
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?