Ahmed Makarfi, caretaker committee chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says Nigerians will have enough cash in their pockets after “working hard to sack” the All Progressives Congress in 2019.
Makarfi said this on Saturday at the party’s non-elective national convention in Abuja.
He said Nigerians have faced “so much hunger and sufferings” under the current APC-led administration, adding that they are now longing for the return of the party.
In another Development, Governor of Ekiti state and Chairman of PDP Governors Forum, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has officially unveiled his presidential ambition at the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s National Convention currently taking place at the Eagles Square, Abuja.
Govenor Fayose who arrived the arena wearing his 2019 presidential campaign shirt and cap equally had his entourage carrying his 2019 presidential campaign posters while the crowd gave him a roaring welcome.
Governor Fayose in 2019 Presidential campaign shirt and cap at PDP’s National Convention in Abuja Recall that Governor Fayose had in June this year said that he would take presidential powers out of President Muhammadu Buhari’s hand to become Nigeria’s next president by contesting the 2019 presidential elections.
In the statement, Fayose who spoke at a meeting with political office holders at the Government’s House, Ado Ekiti, where he also inspected Osoko Political Institute Centre, had also said that ““I have penchant for taking powers; that one in Buhari’s hand. I will take it. I’m going straight to that villa. I’m the next president. “I want to be the next president of Nigeria. My own won’t be this change that has brought nothing, we are going to represent the people well and tell them the truth.”
Recall also that Fayose had earlier set his words to action in July when a Facebook page claimed to be one of his displayed his 2019 presidential campaign banner with the inscription, “Fayose for president 2019,”and a sub-slogan that read, “Strong, Reliable and Rugged.”
The banner had Fayose’s pictorial drawing, with a pair of glasses to match and a friendly smile. It also had its major slogan reading, “Together, we can make Nigeria work again.” However, today’s public unveiling at the PDP’s national convention has further removed any doubt as to whether Oshokomole, as he is fondly called, will wrestle presidential power with President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kenya Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism Of Its Elements
- Senegalese Music: The Women And Men Dominating The Scene
- Jacaranda Tree: What You Need To Know About This Beauty
- How To Dab: Dance Origin And Why Everyone Is Doing It
- Make A Stressful Time Bearable By Doing These
- Nnedi Okoroafor Is Taking Lagos, Nigeria To The Comic World
- Anonymous Logo: What The Hactivists Want You To Know About Them
- Ethiopian Flag: The Meaning, Designer And Symbolism
- Using Poop To Cook In Kenya
- Mr Popo: Everything About The Strongest Character in Dragon Ball Z
- Sierra Leone: Over 300 People Killed In Mudslide
- Burkina Faso: Gunmen Attack Ouagadougou Restaurant, killing 18
- New Study: Top 5 Things That Can Give You Cancer
- Porous Definition, Meaning, Synonyms And Sentence Use
- Bitcoin Surge: All The Possible Reasons Why The Cryptocurrency Has Broken Past $4000
- Kenya Elects First Female Governors Amidst Post-election Tension
- New Study: Vitamin B3 Intake Could Prevent Miscarriages & Birth Defects
- How Tall Is Putin And Other Facts About The Russian President
- Time In Nigeria: The Concept Of Nigerian Time
- Election Time In Kenya: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Isaac Makwala: Runner Denied Entry To London Stadium And Africa Wants To Know Why
- Kimlan Jinakul: Thaliland Grandma Achieves Her Academic Dream @ 91
- Facebook And Chill! Five Reasons We Are Excited That Facebook Is Going Into The TV Game
- Natalie Becker: The Rise Of The South African Actress
- The Real Cost Of An Electric Car
- Guam Threat: North Korea Aims To Strike The US Military Installation
- Zuma’s Latest No-Confidence Vote: The Real Winners And Losers
- Kenya Election Day: Opposition Says The Election Was Hacked In The President’s Favor
- Fasten Your Loan Request At Equity Bank Kenya With These Tips
- Hiroshima & Nagasaki: 6 Quick Facts About The Historical Tragedies
- Can Men Really Lactate?
- India: The Medical Dilemma Of A 10-Year Old Pregnant Rape Victim
- Popular Slogans You Should Get To Know In Kenya’s Elections
- Kenyan Elections: Barack Obama Warns Leaders Not To Compromise On Peace
- UN Sanctions: North Korea Out To Deal With The United States
- Definition, Meaning And Sentence Use Of Cowed
- Nigeria: Gang-related Feud Claims Lives In Ozubulu Church Gun Attack
- Paul Kagame’s Third Term: Four Things Rwandans Can Expect
- GhanaSat-1: Ghana’s First Satellite Now Orbiting The Earth
- Tumeric: What To Know About The Spice And Its Health Benefits