Super Eagles Germany based defender, Leon Balogun, has dismissed the as mere boasting, warnings from the Chipolopolo of Zambia that they will be in Uyo to pick the available three points over the Super Eagles, and open the Africa group B qualifying of the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Balogun, who plays for Mainz 05 in the Germany Bundels Liga urged Nigerians to disregard the mind games of the Chipolopolo Coach, insisting that the Eagles are Russia bound.
The defender, who won the heart of Uyo fans as he was arguably one of the Eagles stand-out players in the double header against Cameroon this month, has made eight appearances for the Super Eagles since he made his debut in 2014.
Zambia having beaten Algeria home and away in the last round of qualifiers have boasted that their new youthful team will beat the Super Eagles on October 7 in Uyo to leave the group qualifying ticket open.
The Chipolopolo have reportedly concluded plans to train in Ghana for the game with the FAZ president, Andrew Kamanga, revealing that the former African champions would also camp in Spain.
However the Mainz 05 defender has said that there is no cause for alarm as the Eagles are well aware of the task ahead.
“We are unbeaten so far in the World Cup qualifiers. The way we presented ourselves as a team so far, I think there is no need for one not to be confident.
“I don’t say it’s not possible that we lose, but I want to win and I think the whole team want to win and everybody wants to go to Russia and what better way to qualify than to do it in front of your fans. So let’s all just be confident.”
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash