Trading activities on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on Monday resumed for the week on a negative trend, with the market indices dropping by 0.81 per cent.
The market capitalisation shed N101 billion or 0.81 per cent to close at N12.292 trillion against N12.393 trillion posted on Friday.
Also, the All-Share Index, which opened at 35,957.24, lost 292.3 points or 0.81 per cent to close at 35,664.94.
An analysis of the price movement indicated that Nestle led the losers’ table with a loss of N10 to close at N121 per share.
Dangote Cement trailed with N5 to close at N210 and Okomu Oil dipped N3.1 to N59.9, while Flour Mill declined by N1 to N29 per share.
GTBank also lost 74k to close at N37.8 per share.
Conversely, Total Oil led the gainers’ table during the day, gaining N2.02 to close at N235 per share.
UACN came second with a gain of 4k to close at N15 and ETI appreciated by 32k to close at N18 per share.
NASCON increased by 3k to close at N13.3, while Airservice added 29k to close at N6.25 per share.
Similarly, the volume of shares dropped by 24.73 per cent with an exchange of 114.77 million shares worth N2.17 billion transacted by investors in 3,232 deals.
This was in contrast with 152.47 million shares worth N3.08 billion exchanged in 4,079 deals on Friday.
Zenith Bank was the most active, exchanging 19.83 million shares valued at N463.52 million.
Access Bank followed with an account of 12.06 million shares worth N117.03 million, while UAC-Prop traded 10.38 million shares valued at N30.59 million.
Diamond Bank sold 6.80 million shares worth N7.95 million and Cileasing traded 6.31 million shares valued at N6.72 million. (NAN)
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash