There is anxiety in the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the camp on the party’s governorship candidate for the November 18 Anambra State election, Hon.Tony Nwoye.
This followed the petition of one the aspirants, Senator Andy Uba, who alleged irregularities in the August 26 party primary in Awka.
Uba, in his petition to the Hassan Lawal-led APC Guber Primary Election Appeal Panel in Abuja, claimed that Nwoye, a former national chairman of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), conscripted thugs and NANS members, who were forcefully accredited to vote for him at the primary.
He also alleged that there was fragrant swapping of delegates, adding that Nwoye and his group paid the real delegates between N20, 000 to N50,000 for them to relinquish their tags to his conscripted thugs and NANS members.
According to Uba, some members of the Anambra State Executive Committee of the APC were approached by the Nwoye group.
Uba therefore urged the Appeal Panel to declare him the winner of the primary, claiming that he pulled the highest number of legitimate votes in the exercise.
But, Nwoye, who appeared before the committee yesterday with a team of his supporters denied ever using thugs or NANS’ members for the election.
He lamented that all his efforts to reach out to Senator Uba since his emergence at the APC’s candidate for dialogue and reconciliation was rebuffed, adding that Uba did not only reject his several telephone calls to him but also refused to open his gate when he visited his country home.
“I came here with all the wards and Local Government party chairmen and secretaries from Anambra State in solidarity with me for my appearance before the Appeal Panel. I can describe my appearance before the Appeal Panel as a family meeting.
“They asked me if it is true that members of NANS were deployed to disrupt the primary and beat up the delegates. But I told them it was not true because no single member of NANS, former or current students was part of the primary election.
Explaining the position of the National Working Committee (NWC) on the Anambra governorship poll, APC National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, said that the panel’s report would be the final determinant.
Earlier, the state chairman of APC, Emeka Igwe, who also appeared before the panel, warned that any attempt by the APC NWC to annul the result of the Anambra primary will spell doom for the party in the November 18 election
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash