A political pressure group for President Muhammadu Buhari known as ‘ Buhari Support Organisation ‘ (BSO) Enugu State Chapter, has said the claims by Minister of Women Affiars Jummia Alhassan that President Buhari told her he will rule for only one term is blatant lie.
The group stated that rather President Buhari needs a second term to consolidate on his achievements in revamping the nation’s decayed infrastructure, providing enabling environment for the industrial sector, proper execution of the war against corruption and insecurity, Youth restiveness, etc, thereby laying a solid foundation for Nigeria’s economic prosperity.
In a Press statement released in Enugu yesterday, signed by their state chairman, Chief Anike Nwoga, a copy of which was made available to ‘The Authority’ the group said President Buhari at no time told anybody that he would not run in 2019 and described Jummia Alhassan’s statement on the matter as very provocative and misleading.
BSO stated “whereas Women Affairs Minister, Jummia Alhassan has the inalienable right to support anybody of her choice for president in 2019, We are of the candid opinion that President Muhammadu Buhari should complete his 2nd Term.
“From all our interactions and that of our leadership, with President Buhari before the election, there was no day the issue of one term was discussed. Rather from day one we had always known that the rot left behind by the successive Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) squander mania regimes was so deep and that President Muhammadu Buhari needed eight years in order to cleanse the Augean Stable. And to be exact he needs to consolidate the war against corruption, insecurity in the land and to consolidate the solid foundation for economic prosperity.
“All we in the BSO are praying to God is to guard and give President Muhammadu Buhari good health to complete the good works he is doing in revamping our critical infrastructure, Enugu Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge and so on.” Chief Anike said.
Commenting on the lopsidedness of President Buhari’s appointments which seemingly is against Ndigbo,Chief Anike assured that President Buhari will soon redress the imbalance.
His words: “We are sure Mr. President is going to readdress the imbalance, BSO has always focused more on fixing the decayed infrastructure nationwide which will provide employment, alleviate poverty and cushion poverty. Because we know that there will be overhaul and more appointments, we view appointments as temporary and transient.”
“Remember that during the 2015 presidential campaign we told our people that after President Buhari’s 2nd Term, it will be the turn of the South East. For the zoning convention favours Ndigbo because our brethren in the South West and the South-South had eight years and 5 years stint at the presidency respectively after our return to civil rule in 1999. This is why we told His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Okorocha not to challenge the zoning convention.” BSO Enugu State submitted.
Nwoga equally took a swipe at former Vice President Alhaji Abubakar for claiming that he was sidelined after he contributed in installing the President Muhammadu Buhari led APC federal government, arguing that if he was indeed sidelined, how come Garba Shehu, Dauda Abari, Jumai Alhasssan the agent provocateur and a host of others are close aides of Mr. President?
“We know Atiku is her godfather. But, it is difficult for us to comprehend why she should make such an outburst against President Buhari, especially considering what this honest man went through while on medical vacation in London. Her outburst clearly shows her disloyalty to the Buhari government and so we see no reason why she should remain in office as Minister. She should be honourable enough to resign and face Atiku’s 2019 campaign.
“On the other hand, we are not surprised that Atiku said he was sidelined. How could Atiku say he was sidelined, when he nominated Hajia Alhassan,Garba Shehu, Dauda Abari and host of others of his loyalist into the FEC and important offices. Atiku’s problem is that Buhari is not sharing money. Under the guise of privatization, we know those who sold all the national assets to themselves when they were in the presidency” Nwoga said.
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash