A political pressure group for President Muhammadu Buhari known as ‘ Buhari Support Organisation ‘ (BSO) Enugu State Chapter, has said the claims by Minister of Women Affiars Jummia Alhassan that President Buhari told her he will rule for only one term is blatant lie.
The group stated that rather President Buhari needs a second term to consolidate on his achievements in revamping the nation’s decayed infrastructure, providing enabling environment for the industrial sector, proper execution of the war against corruption and insecurity, Youth restiveness, etc, thereby laying a solid foundation for Nigeria’s economic prosperity.
In a Press statement released in Enugu yesterday, signed by their state chairman, Chief Anike Nwoga, a copy of which was made available to ‘The Authority’ the group said President Buhari at no time told anybody that he would not run in 2019 and described Jummia Alhassan’s statement on the matter as very provocative and misleading.
BSO stated “whereas Women Affairs Minister, Jummia Alhassan has the inalienable right to support anybody of her choice for president in 2019, We are of the candid opinion that President Muhammadu Buhari should complete his 2nd Term.
“From all our interactions and that of our leadership, with President Buhari before the election, there was no day the issue of one term was discussed. Rather from day one we had always known that the rot left behind by the successive Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) squander mania regimes was so deep and that President Muhammadu Buhari needed eight years in order to cleanse the Augean Stable. And to be exact he needs to consolidate the war against corruption, insecurity in the land and to consolidate the solid foundation for economic prosperity.
“All we in the BSO are praying to God is to guard and give President Muhammadu Buhari good health to complete the good works he is doing in revamping our critical infrastructure, Enugu Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge and so on.” Chief Anike said.
Commenting on the lopsidedness of President Buhari’s appointments which seemingly is against Ndigbo,Chief Anike assured that President Buhari will soon redress the imbalance.
His words: “We are sure Mr. President is going to readdress the imbalance, BSO has always focused more on fixing the decayed infrastructure nationwide which will provide employment, alleviate poverty and cushion poverty. Because we know that there will be overhaul and more appointments, we view appointments as temporary and transient.”
“Remember that during the 2015 presidential campaign we told our people that after President Buhari’s 2nd Term, it will be the turn of the South East. For the zoning convention favours Ndigbo because our brethren in the South West and the South-South had eight years and 5 years stint at the presidency respectively after our return to civil rule in 1999. This is why we told His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Okorocha not to challenge the zoning convention.” BSO Enugu State submitted.
Nwoga equally took a swipe at former Vice President Alhaji Abubakar for claiming that he was sidelined after he contributed in installing the President Muhammadu Buhari led APC federal government, arguing that if he was indeed sidelined, how come Garba Shehu, Dauda Abari, Jumai Alhasssan the agent provocateur and a host of others are close aides of Mr. President?
“We know Atiku is her godfather. But, it is difficult for us to comprehend why she should make such an outburst against President Buhari, especially considering what this honest man went through while on medical vacation in London. Her outburst clearly shows her disloyalty to the Buhari government and so we see no reason why she should remain in office as Minister. She should be honourable enough to resign and face Atiku’s 2019 campaign.
“On the other hand, we are not surprised that Atiku said he was sidelined. How could Atiku say he was sidelined, when he nominated Hajia Alhassan,Garba Shehu, Dauda Abari and host of others of his loyalist into the FEC and important offices. Atiku’s problem is that Buhari is not sharing money. Under the guise of privatization, we know those who sold all the national assets to themselves when they were in the presidency” Nwoga said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Cut Down On Sugar
- Mugabe’s Resignation: Five Worst Moments From His 37 Years Of Leadership
- EatOut 2017: These Are The Top 10 Coolest Restaurants In SA Right Now
- African Leadership 2017: The Breaking Of 3 African Strong Men
- Zimbabwe’s Economy: Five Ways To Revive What Mugabe Killed
- Silverbird Cinema: Locations And Best Ways To Enjoy Yourself
- Mugabe Resigns: Remembering Five Of His Greatest Moments
- SOS: This Is The Best Sleeping Position For Pregnant Women
- Dog Ownership: This Is Another Reason Why You Need A Dog Around You
- Betting in Nigeria – By The Numbers
- 5 Things To Note From That Confusing President Mugabe Speech
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident