A political pressure group for President Muhammadu Buhari known as ‘ Buhari Support Organisation ‘ (BSO) Enugu State Chapter, has said the claims by Minister of Women Affiars Jummia Alhassan that President Buhari told her he will rule for only one term is blatant lie.
The group stated that rather President Buhari needs a second term to consolidate on his achievements in revamping the nation’s decayed infrastructure, providing enabling environment for the industrial sector, proper execution of the war against corruption and insecurity, Youth restiveness, etc, thereby laying a solid foundation for Nigeria’s economic prosperity.
In a Press statement released in Enugu yesterday, signed by their state chairman, Chief Anike Nwoga, a copy of which was made available to ‘The Authority’ the group said President Buhari at no time told anybody that he would not run in 2019 and described Jummia Alhassan’s statement on the matter as very provocative and misleading.
BSO stated “whereas Women Affairs Minister, Jummia Alhassan has the inalienable right to support anybody of her choice for president in 2019, We are of the candid opinion that President Muhammadu Buhari should complete his 2nd Term.
“From all our interactions and that of our leadership, with President Buhari before the election, there was no day the issue of one term was discussed. Rather from day one we had always known that the rot left behind by the successive Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) squander mania regimes was so deep and that President Muhammadu Buhari needed eight years in order to cleanse the Augean Stable. And to be exact he needs to consolidate the war against corruption, insecurity in the land and to consolidate the solid foundation for economic prosperity.
“All we in the BSO are praying to God is to guard and give President Muhammadu Buhari good health to complete the good works he is doing in revamping our critical infrastructure, Enugu Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge and so on.” Chief Anike said.
Commenting on the lopsidedness of President Buhari’s appointments which seemingly is against Ndigbo,Chief Anike assured that President Buhari will soon redress the imbalance.
His words: “We are sure Mr. President is going to readdress the imbalance, BSO has always focused more on fixing the decayed infrastructure nationwide which will provide employment, alleviate poverty and cushion poverty. Because we know that there will be overhaul and more appointments, we view appointments as temporary and transient.”
“Remember that during the 2015 presidential campaign we told our people that after President Buhari’s 2nd Term, it will be the turn of the South East. For the zoning convention favours Ndigbo because our brethren in the South West and the South-South had eight years and 5 years stint at the presidency respectively after our return to civil rule in 1999. This is why we told His Excellency, Owelle Rochas Okorocha not to challenge the zoning convention.” BSO Enugu State submitted.
Nwoga equally took a swipe at former Vice President Alhaji Abubakar for claiming that he was sidelined after he contributed in installing the President Muhammadu Buhari led APC federal government, arguing that if he was indeed sidelined, how come Garba Shehu, Dauda Abari, Jumai Alhasssan the agent provocateur and a host of others are close aides of Mr. President?
“We know Atiku is her godfather. But, it is difficult for us to comprehend why she should make such an outburst against President Buhari, especially considering what this honest man went through while on medical vacation in London. Her outburst clearly shows her disloyalty to the Buhari government and so we see no reason why she should remain in office as Minister. She should be honourable enough to resign and face Atiku’s 2019 campaign.
“On the other hand, we are not surprised that Atiku said he was sidelined. How could Atiku say he was sidelined, when he nominated Hajia Alhassan,Garba Shehu, Dauda Abari and host of others of his loyalist into the FEC and important offices. Atiku’s problem is that Buhari is not sharing money. Under the guise of privatization, we know those who sold all the national assets to themselves when they were in the presidency” Nwoga said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident
- Former Nollywood Actress Eucharia Anunobi In Senegal For 7-Day Crusade
- Stephanie Okereke-Linus Bags Africa Women Awards
- Federal Government bans civil servants from taking chieftaincy titles
- Omotola's Waka-Pass Role On American National TV Show
- £3,000 visa bond: Federal Government warns British govt
- First Bank Nigeria Plc Security man breaks ATM, steals N12m
- John Olumba, 31-Year Old Nigerian Running For Detroit Mayor
- Whats up with this picture?
- Why President Barack Obama Is Not Visiting Nigeria
- Most Overexposed Celebrities In Nigeria
- Wizkid Tells Unilag Students: ‘I don’t do cheap money’
- Islamic cleric Rapes Teenager During Deliverance
- Is This A Case Of "Bad" Underwear?
- Police declare Alhaja Sinatu Ojikutu, ex-deputy gov of Lagos State wanted for fraud
- Nigerians support anti same-sex Bill
- Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos
- Ondo Female Legislator Fola Olasehinde Suspended Over Possession Of Fetish Objects
- Female Student Raped By Security Man And 5 Students At A Private Polytechnic In Ekiti State
- Governor Sanusi Freezes Bank Accounts Of Nigerian Churches
- OAU student gives birth and attempts to flush new born baby down the toilet in school hostel
- Tope Alabi Fights With Spiritual Father, Prophet Ajanaku
- Pressure Mounts On Hubby To Dump Ini Edo
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Keturah Hamilton: Jim Iyke Used And Dumped Me
- Are Tribal Marks Still Necessary Today?