The 2015 audit report of the Federation Account has uncovered how the embattled former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, usurped National Assembly powers to draw billions in cash from the joint venture cash calls account without appropriation.
As reported by PREMIUM TIMES, The report published last month by the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, AuGF, showed how Mrs. Alison-Madueke unilaterally approved the withdrawal of about N59.44 billion from the two accounts belonging to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC.
About $292.09 million was withdrawn from the NNPC JVCC JP Morgan Chase Account in London, while another N2.47 billion was from the NNPC JVCC CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria) naira account, for purposes outside the objectives the funds were provided for by the government.
Apart from the abuse of due process in getting approval for the release of the funds, the report said the release of $289.2 million (about N56.97 billion at 2015 year end rate of N197 to $1) to the National Intelligence Agency was in “cash”.
An additional $2.89 million was charged by the CBN as commission on the transaction, bringing the total amount disbursed to $292.09 million.
The report said the NIA had sought President Goodluck Jonathan’s approval for the release of the funds “for the procurement of 13 items of expenditure to enable NIA to respond to the nation’s mounting diverse and complex security challenges.”
However, the audit team said it found no evidence President Jonathan granted the NIA’s request, other than a minute on the memo to former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, seeking the release of the funds from the NNPC Security votes.
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash