The suspected terrorists were hiding among some Hausa acquaintances before they were fished out by the leaders in the area, according to an Islamic cleric, Mohammed Abdullahi, who spoke yesterday during the Isolo Townhall meeting organised by the Lagos State acting Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi.
The townhall meeting was between the stakeholders in Area D Command and the police held in Isolo.
The Cleric said, “A lot of people think Boko Haram issue is just about the Northeast, but they are mistaken. We have been arresting fleeing Boko Haram members in Lagos. I do not know if it is as a result of the proximity to the airport. Most of the escapee Boko Haram members who come to Lagos have been arrested in Ajao Estate. Just three weeks ago, we arrested three of them who ran from Borno State.We have a way of identifying them. The Seriki Hausa in Ajao Estate has the contact of all the local government chairmen in Borno State. That way, we usually know those Boko Haram elements who have fled the area to other parts of the country.
“We have been doing this since 2014 and we have been working in collaboration with the Joint Task Force (JTF) in Borno. Once we identify them, we contact the JTF and they come and arrest them.
Reacting to Abdullahi’s disclosure, Edgal assured that the police would verify the claims by the cleric because there were serious security issues.
He urged residents to be more vigilant, noting that Lagos cannot be isolated from security challenges in other parts of the country.
“We all know that Lagos is the melting pot of the country. Because Lagos is functioning, we are getting influx of people at astronomical rate,” he said.
Latest Nigeria News
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Cut Down On Sugar
- Mugabe’s Resignation: Five Worst Moments From His 37 Years Of Leadership
- EatOut 2017: These Are The Top 10 Coolest Restaurants In SA Right Now
- African Leadership 2017: The Breaking Of 3 African Strong Men
- Zimbabwe’s Economy: Five Ways To Revive What Mugabe Killed
- Silverbird Cinema: Locations And Best Ways To Enjoy Yourself
- Mugabe Resigns: Remembering Five Of His Greatest Moments
- SOS: This Is The Best Sleeping Position For Pregnant Women
- Dog Ownership: This Is Another Reason Why You Need A Dog Around You
- Betting in Nigeria – By The Numbers
- 5 Things To Note From That Confusing President Mugabe Speech
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident