The President of Ghana Nana Akufo-Addo said at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday that he and other West African leaders were anxious over the ill-health of President Muhammadu Buhari which had kept him off official engagements for three months.
Akufo-Addo, who was on a friendly visit to Buhari, said that he was in Abuja to see for himself, saying he was glad to know the “Big brother in Nigeria is well.”
He told journalists as he emerged from the meeting with Buhari that it was also an opportunity he seized to discuss some bilateral issues with the Nigerian leader.
According to him, “I came from Accra today to visit my senior brother, President Muhammadu Buhari. All of us have been anxious about his well-being and it is very good news to hear that he had returned.
“But we are Africans and I have to come and see him for myself and how he is. I’m very delighted to see that he came back very vigorous and as always very engaged on the issues of our day.
“So, we had a good half an hour together reviewing matters both in Ghana and in Nigeria as well as immediate matters to do with what is going on in the Economic Community of West African State (ECOWAS) bloc.
“I’m very happy to have had this opportunity to come and I am going back to Ghana very fortified to be able to tell the Ghanaians that our ‘big brother’ in Nigeria is well and things are well here”, he said.
Addressing the press afterwards, Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, said that the meeting of the two leaders was significant and showed that the two big countries in West African are maintaining such cordial relationship.
Latest Nigeria News
- 10 Interesting Ways To Develop A Good Reading Habit
- 15 Insightful Quotes About Depression
- Michelle Jones: The Stigma Of Having A Criminal Record
- Allparts: Supplier Of Guitar, Bass And Amp Parts
- 2017 International Peace Day: Togetherness, Respect, Safety And Dignity For All
- Virsaviya Borun: The Girl Who Practically Giggles Her Heart Out
- These Quotes Will Take You To The Other Side Of Madness
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Tells The World Goodbye At The UN General Assembly
- Nannies And Mental Health: Zambian Lady Faces Attempted Murder Charge
- Buhari’s UN Speech: 5 Things He Said That Nigerians Wish He Practiced
- Violet Brown: World’s Verifiable Oldest Living Person Dies At 117
- Hilary Clinton Thinks A US Firm Had A Hand In Kenya’s Annulled Election
- Muslim Women In Tunisia Now Free To Marry Non-Muslims
- Over 80 South African Military Vehicles Destroyed By Fire – Lessons To Learn
- 10 Powerful Quotes From C. O Ojukwu About Biafra And Revolution
- Mugabe Forever: Zim Airport To Join Long List Of Things Named After The President
- Does IPOB Qualify For A Terrorist Group? Military Denies Initial Statement
- Amina Yuguda: Quick Facts About Nigeria’s BBC’s Komla Dumor Award Winner
- Obama Has Been Busy Making Money- Check Out His Current Net Worth
- Zannah Mustapha: Why This Barrister Won The Nansen Refugee Award
- 2017 Emmy Winners: Check Out The Awesome TV Shows You Should Be Watching
- The Best Power Tower Machines In The Market
- Nigeria Soon To Become Home Of Africa’s Fastest Trains
- Top 10 Basic Leadership Qualities You Need To Know
- Nigerian Military-IPOB Crisis: A Question Of Leadership
- Hillary Clinton Speaks Up With ‘What Happened’: 5 Things She Has Said
- Halimah Yacob: Quick Facts Of Singapore’s First Ever Female President
- UN To Probe 11 African Countries Over Ties To North Korea
- Susan Okalany: The Ugandan Judge Who Won The Prosecutor Of The Year Award
- Maya Angelou Quotes That Will Re-shape Your Life For The Better
- Real Leaders Are Not Sectional – Ezekwesili Condemns Buhari’s Tribal Sentiments
- Aims And Policies Of The UCU – University And College Union
- President Zuma Claims He Is Like Steve Biko
- Top 5 Reasons Why School Lunch In Africa Is The Way
- Kenya’s October Election: Another $117 Million To Be spent
- JP Morgan’s CEO Says Bitcoin Is A Fraud
- The Infamous Operation Python Dance May Trigger A Repeat Of The Civil War
- The iPhone 8 Is Almost Here, 5 Things You Should Know
- Between Fatness And Fitness Is A Very Wide Margin
- Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To The Military-IPOB Clash