The President of Ghana Nana Akufo-Addo said at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Tuesday that he and other West African leaders were anxious over the ill-health of President Muhammadu Buhari which had kept him off official engagements for three months.
Akufo-Addo, who was on a friendly visit to Buhari, said that he was in Abuja to see for himself, saying he was glad to know the “Big brother in Nigeria is well.”
He told journalists as he emerged from the meeting with Buhari that it was also an opportunity he seized to discuss some bilateral issues with the Nigerian leader.
According to him, “I came from Accra today to visit my senior brother, President Muhammadu Buhari. All of us have been anxious about his well-being and it is very good news to hear that he had returned.
“But we are Africans and I have to come and see him for myself and how he is. I’m very delighted to see that he came back very vigorous and as always very engaged on the issues of our day.
“So, we had a good half an hour together reviewing matters both in Ghana and in Nigeria as well as immediate matters to do with what is going on in the Economic Community of West African State (ECOWAS) bloc.
“I’m very happy to have had this opportunity to come and I am going back to Ghana very fortified to be able to tell the Ghanaians that our ‘big brother’ in Nigeria is well and things are well here”, he said.
Addressing the press afterwards, Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, said that the meeting of the two leaders was significant and showed that the two big countries in West African are maintaining such cordial relationship.
Latest Nigeria News
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Cut Down On Sugar
- Mugabe’s Resignation: Five Worst Moments From His 37 Years Of Leadership
- EatOut 2017: These Are The Top 10 Coolest Restaurants In SA Right Now
- African Leadership 2017: The Breaking Of 3 African Strong Men
- Zimbabwe’s Economy: Five Ways To Revive What Mugabe Killed
- Silverbird Cinema: Locations And Best Ways To Enjoy Yourself
- Mugabe Resigns: Remembering Five Of His Greatest Moments
- SOS: This Is The Best Sleeping Position For Pregnant Women
- Dog Ownership: This Is Another Reason Why You Need A Dog Around You
- Betting in Nigeria – By The Numbers
- 5 Things To Note From That Confusing President Mugabe Speech
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?
- 11 Burnt To Death In Ibadan Auto Accident