Following the continuous indictment of Turkey as the origin of the three separate arms shipment into Nigeria, the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) said the nation was weighing up its options against the country, including approaching the World Customs Organisation (WCO).
Giving an indication to this effect during the display in Lagos of the latest seizure of 1100 Pump Action Rifles – the third since this year – at the Tin Can Island Ports Command, NCS Comptroller-General, Col. Hameed Ali (rtd), said “the profiling we have made of the three consignments – the 661, 440 and this 1100, indicates that these weapons are from Turkey.
“We have to now involve two things – through the WCO, which is a common platform for all of us as customs, and through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We have to begin to discuss with the Turkish Government because this is becoming too serious for us to bear.
“I assure you that we are going to take the necessary steps to ensure that we stop this at the governmental level.”
Meanwhile, Ali said the agency would now drop its internal mechanism of circulating the names of officers dismissed after their trials.
He added: “Because of the seriousness of this offence, I think we will go beyond doing our circulation within the system and let you know the names of this people, and that will underscore the fact that there were officers tried, dismissed and are facing judicial processes in subsequent trials.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kofi Kinaata: All You Need To Know About The Fante Rap God
- These Three African Empires Shocked The World
- A Brief History Of Famous African Coups And Their Endings
- Emmerson Mnangagwa: 6 Reasons Zim’s Interim President Is Called The Crocodile
- Pope Francis’ Lamborghini And His Problem With Luxury Toys
- Funny Wisdom Quotes That Will Make Your Day
- Eddy Kenzo: BET Award Winner Bags The Best East African Male Artiste Award
- Zimbabwe Military Takeover: Everything You Need To Know About The Bloodless Transition
- This Is Why Ghana Police Service Is One Of The Best In Africa
- Shatta Wale: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Producer
- Victor Moses: 5 Latest Facts About The International Star
- Bisa Kdei: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Ghanaian Singer
- Mabior Garang: Top 5 Facts About The Minister Of Water Affairs In Sudan
- African Masks: Types And Interesting Facts About Them
- Get To Know The Political Term Limits In Various African Countries
- Ifeoma Fafunwa: Nigerian Woman Making A Difference With Creative Arts
- Is Nigeria’s Energy Industry Finally Rising Out of the Ashes?
- Global Citizen Forum: Akon Is Awarded For The Lighting Africa Initiative
- Chantel Dartnall: SA Female Chef Named The Best In The World
- Albert Einstein’s Theory Of Happiness That More People Should Live By
- Two Budgeting Plans To Make Your Money Last
- Zimbabwe: 3 Key Things To Know About VP Mnangagwa’s Sack
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: 7 Interesting Facts Of The Actor Turned US Governor
- The Paradise Papers: All You Need To Know
- Sweating Blood: The Strange Medical Condition Known As Hematohidrosis
- Ghana Is The Highest Marijuana Using Country In Africa
- Thieves On The Chest
- Black Face complains: ''2face owes me money, and he won't pay back''
- Steady rise in prostitution despite ban in Abuja
- Mercy Johnson And Tonto Dike In A War Of Words
- Video Of Nigerian Lawmakers In A Bloody Fight
- Miss Unizik Nude Photos Leaked By Ex-Boyfriend
- Big Boy: Ice Prince Wears Same Givenchy Shirt As P Diddy To BET Awards
- Shameful - Iyanya Tattooed Yvonne Nelson's Name On His Wrist
- 2 Unilag Students Dead, 3 Others Almost Dead After Fatal Car Accident [Photos]
- Omotola Poses For THISDAY Style Photoshoot
- Hot or Not? - Genevieve's Dress To Ebony Life TV Launch
- Celestial Church Prophet Owolere Odunuga Jailed In Kirikiri Over Visa Fraud
- ASUU Embarks on a Total and Indefinite Nation-wide Strike from 1st July
- Super Eagles’ Handler: Keshi or foreign coach?